HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Going to Islanders Games

Old
07-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Going to Islanders Games

Just out of plain curiosity, I want to know if any Rangers fans are going to Islanders or Devils games at the beginning of the season, in order to make up for the road trip to start the season.

I know I'm going to 3 Islanders games, but haven't looked at the Devils ones

October 13th, Lighning (I was already cheering for Tampa before the playoffs )

October 15th, Rangers (I don't really know why I'm going to this one )

October 27th, Penguins (Too boo Crosby )

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
Just out of plain curiosity, I want to know if any Rangers fans are going to Islanders or Devils games at the beginning of the season, in order to make up for the road trip to start the season.

You better wear your Ranger jersey to all 3 of them

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:30 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post

No.

To me, spending money to go to Isles/Devils games would be money I then can't spend on tickets to Rangers games when they do come back home.

Its not necessarily an anti-Devils/Isles thing, I often watch their games on television. It's just I can't imagine actually attending a game in person of a team I don't care about outside of getting tickets from a friend or seeing a game while traveling somewhere.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
No.

To me, spending money to go to Isles/Devils games would be money I then can't spend on tickets to Rangers games when they do come back home.

Its not necessarily an anti-Devils/Isles thing, I often watch their games on television. It's just I can't imagine actually attending a game in person of a team I don't care about outside of getting tickets from a friend or seeing a game while traveling somewhere.
Money you can't spend on Ranger games when they come back home? Bro, Isles tickets are $7

Old
07-27-2011, 10:38 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Money you can't spend on Ranger games when they come back home? Bro, Isles tickets are $7
But Rangers tickets there are $40 and up

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:39 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Bro, it's a whole cost, not just the ticket. Costs money to get there, eat, drink etc.

You'll understand when you're a working stiff someday

Old
07-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Bro, it's a whole cost, not just the ticket. Costs money to get there, eat, drink etc.

You'll understand when you're a working stiff someday
It was a joke first of all lol. And I do work and pay for my own gas, so I do understand someday

Old
07-27-2011, 10:54 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
It was a joke first of all lol. And I do work and pay for my own gas, so I do understand someday
Oh yah, I gotcha, I was just digging back at you a bit is all. There's a big difference b/w "paying my rent and eating" vs. "gas for my car so i can go out"

No biggie either way, just the point of my original post is all my discretionary hockey income belongs to one team: The New York Rangers

Old
07-27-2011, 11:04 AM
ruckus*

I might actually head out to the mausoleum this year.

Can't see any way this referendum passes. I'd be shocked if it did. When it doesn't, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for the fishes.

I'd like to get out there in their final year and catch a Rangers-Isles matchup for the last time.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

I've never been to the Coliseum. All I know is that its a dump and the tickets are cheap lol.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Nich

I am sure I will go to a few this year. Got out of the city and started a job in Garden City, so I see no reason not to check out a few games there

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 01:08 PM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post

Can't see any way this referendum passes. I'd be shocked if it did. When it doesn't, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for the fishes.

I'd like to get out there in their final year and catch a Rangers-Isles matchup for the last time.
They have the building lease until 2015... Doesn't that mean they can't leave until then?

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 04:10 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
I'm going to the Oct 15th one cuz it's on my birthday!

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 04:26 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppp View Post
They have the building lease until 2015... Doesn't that mean they can't leave until then?
Yup unless they reach an agreement to mutually end it early.

I'm gonna try to get out to the game on the 15th so I could see the Rangers before they come back to MSG. Only problem for me is getting out there as I don't drive.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I'd go to see a Rangers game in the Islanders building because their tickets are much cheaper, but I wouldn't pay to see anyone but the Rangers there.

EDIT: Actually I'd see the Predators there too, but noone else.

Last edited by Machinehead: 07-27-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 06:15 PM
MooseMcD
Rookie User

I go to plenty of Islanders games. I'll watch a cheap NHL game any day, so whenever there's some decent cheap tickets left on stubhub a gameday, or a day before, if I have the impulse to go to a hockey game I'll grab a pair, grab a friend, grab some tallboys, drink in the parking lot and go watch some hockey. Especially if they're playing a team I'm interested in seeing.

MooseMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppp View Post
They can leave whenever they want but probably be on the hook for whatever is left on the lease unless they arrange a buy-out. I was under the impression that the lease is with the county now anyway. I think they finally got out from under the SMG (?) deal.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Giacomin

A co-worker of mine always takes his kids to at least 2 of the 3 Rangers/Isles game at Nassau because it is cheaper and closer and he has been dealing with the same broker for the past several years. The broker told him that he had recieved a good demand for the game on the 15th due to the Rangers not starting on the 27th. That being said my co-worker only likes to buy the best seats but last year I went to the December 2nd thursday night game (Gaborik 4 goals) and was shocked at the amount of empty seats which I would estimate to be 2000-3000. I go back to the 70,s and remember when you couldn,t get a seat in the Coliseum.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post

I'd be shocked if the referendum didnt pass. Unfortunately for us, politicians can still kill it. As for the nail in the coffin, I doubt it, maybe for nassau (even though they will always have the right to the last offer) but certainly not for the NY area as a whole.

Anyway for the few of you guys getting your fix with the Isles, youre more than welcome so long as you dont act like a ******, which I doubt would be a problem.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:34 AM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMcD View Post
I go to plenty of Islanders games. I'll watch a cheap NHL game any day, so whenever there's some decent cheap tickets left on stubhub a gameday, or a day before, if I have the impulse to go to a hockey game I'll grab a pair, grab a friend, grab some tallboys, drink in the parking lot and go watch some hockey. Especially if they're playing a team I'm interested in seeing.
If you're out on the Island and like hockey, it's a great way to see some cheap NHL action. You can get in for around $10-$15 usually (once the 2-for-1 deals start) and sit pretty much where ever you want. As long as you're not obnoxious no one will give you a hard time.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:11 AM
skroob**

Never again will i give them my money. I want to see them wither and die. I will not help them prop up their franchise.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:25 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
I'd be shocked if the referendum didnt pass. Unfortunately for us, politicians can still kill it. As for the nail in the coffin, I doubt it, maybe for nassau (even though they will always have the right to the last offer) but certainly not for the NY area as a whole.

Anyway for the few of you guys getting your fix with the Isles, youre more than welcome so long as you dont act like a ******, which I doubt would be a problem.
Guess it depends who, if anyone, actually comes out and votes. If it goes unnoticed maybe the only people who come are the ones who are going there to vote Yes. We'll have to see.

I just see a bad situation all the way around. It's hard anywhere now to get people to agree to paying more money, especially in Nassau County.

Would I like to see the Islanders stay? Absolutely. Sports aren't as much fun without rivals.

If this doesn't pass though I just don't see how it happens. Wang isn't spending his own money anymore, he's made that pretty clear. There'd really only be one option left.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:58 PM
mhurley

I wonder if the voters in Nassau County get to see a ledger showing the ratio of short and long term jobs to potential taxpayer indebtedness before voting on this arena proposal.

Siting the new arena in the same location will not bring any more money into the community as there really aren't many businesses that benefit directly from NVMC at its present location. Had they relocated to old Gruman Bethpage property or the Pilgrim State site, new businesses (bars, restaurants and other entertainment venues) might have been built up around it.

If I lived in Nassau, I'd vote no.

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrelle Lundqvist View Post
I've never been to the Coliseum. All I know is that its a dump and the tickets are cheap lol.
It's really not as bad as people make it seem. They probably have the best sight lines in the NHL.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:26 AM
SkerZ
LGR

I go to Rangers isles games at the coliseum with my son as he's still to little for the trip home on the lirr drunk train lol.. Also my neighbor works for the Nassau police department and 3 times a year he gets tickets to random games so we always go along, it will be a shame to see them move hopefully Wang mans up and opens his wallet because I do not see the vote passing.

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote