HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would your final moves be?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
  #351
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Engqvist will not be the 4th line centre this year. I can almost guarantee it. PG will pick up a defensive specialist /face off man for that position. Faceoffs killed the Habs this year.
I hope you are right. With Engqvist as a regular, we are in very bad position

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
  #352
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
PG is a pretty smart man. Marting as well. On July 1st they targeted their needs in a power forward and got him. Yah hes a bit overpaid but nonetheless it was a glaring need just like a face off man /penalty killer is. They will pick someone up before camp starts

Zorba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 03:00 PM
  #353
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Hannan would need to be signed at a longer term contract, I think that's what's keeping Gauthier away. Maybe he has confidence in the young guys, and if he does I can see them signing Mara to a one year contract instead of Hannan at 3-4 years.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 03:07 PM
  #354
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Only way they sign hannan is if spacek is dealt. Even then, I just cant see that happening

Zorba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 03:13 PM
  #355
Cull909
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cull909
I think a 4th line center that can win face offs, and a depth on defense like Mara or Sopel... As an organization the Habs have to start giving young players like Weber, Emelin, and White the ice time to succeed.

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Gill-Weber

Spacek
Mara
Diaz
Nash
Henry

That's good enough depth imo, and if someone key goes down, we're making a trade anyway. Hannan doesn't replace markov if he is hurt, he only takes ice time from the kids.

Cull909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:49 AM
  #356
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
@andystrickland
Andy Strickland
It looks like Brad Winchester will be signing with Vancouver although nothing has been finalized at this point #Canucks http://t.co/eIFYWB1
Habs heads explode in 3...2....1

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
  #357
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Habs heads explode in 3...2....1
But we all know you're happy about it.... Happy for Vancouver though, a player like Winchester could of made a heck of a difference against Boston.

As for us, well, let's hope that either Conboy, Schultz or Henry impress the **** out of Martin and Cunneyworth has a word on who stays and goes.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:03 AM
  #358
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
I hope you are right. With Engqvist as a regular, we are in very bad position
As a 4th line center? I dont see it as a problem and if he does make the team that means that he's ready. Big right handed center with some potential as a 4th line center is perfect. I don't think it would mean that the team is in a bad position.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:04 AM
  #359
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
But we all know you're happy about it.... Happy for Vancouver though, a player like Winchester could of made a heck of a difference against Boston.

As for us, well, let's hope that either Conboy, Schultz or Henry impress the **** out of Martin and Cunneyworth has a word on who stays and goes.
Makes sense for Vancouver. Glass and Rypien are gone as well as Torres. It's not Maxim who gonna drop them !


As for the Habs, the team is preety much set in the heads of Gauthier and Martin. Maybe they wanted Winchester, but not as bad as Vancouver. And Winchester could be on a contending team right now instead of a pretender like Montreal. Vancouver ain't a bad place to live in the winter (or any other seasons...)...

So thre will be a bit of competiotion next camp between Engqvist, Blunden, Trotter, Palushaj and maybe Conboy for that #13 forward spot.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:05 AM
  #360
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
But we all know you're happy about it.... Happy for Vancouver though, a player like Winchester could of made a heck of a difference against Boston.

As for us, well, let's hope that either Conboy, Schultz or Henry impress the **** out of Martin and Cunneyworth has a word on who stays and goes.
In regards to the bolded part...read here:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=866

But keep telling yourself otherwise, as long as you believe it, it makes it true i guess.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:12 AM
  #361
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
In regards to the bolded part...read here:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=866

But keep telling yourself otherwise, as long as you believe it, it makes it true i guess.
You keep making sarcastic remarks towards us, I keep making remarks towards you, it's that simple.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
  #362
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You keep making sarcastic remarks towards us, I keep making remarks towards you, it's that simple.
You should look up sarcasm because saying that I must be happy for the non-signing isn't sarcasm.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:20 AM
  #363
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
We have $5m in cap space with everyone signed, so I think we're waiting closer to the deadline when teams get more desperate to clear cap space, like a Hudler or Malone. Or even someone like Clarkson from Jersey if they have problems signing Parise.

Gomez will even be in play if we can find another team desperate to reach the cap floor.

I don't know exactly how it'll work but with our available cap space we have a lot of options. Things may change more than they have already.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:34 AM
  #364
68
Registered User
 
68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,522
vCash: 500
It's gonna be alright guys.. we have Mike Blunden.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
  #365
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
We have $5m in cap space with everyone signed, so I think we're waiting closer to the deadline when teams get more desperate to clear cap space, like a Hudler or Malone. Or even someone like Clarkson from Jersey if they have problems signing Parise.

Gomez will even be in play if we can find another team desperate to reach the cap floor.

I don't know exactly how it'll work but with our available cap space we have a lot of options. Things may change more than they have already.
The only way I see the Habs using that cap space is to find a solid puck-shooter for Markov or a puck distributor for Subban, but that would mean one of Emelin-Weber goes, and I'm not sure I want that.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
  #366
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 10,334
vCash: 500
I hope the cap space is being unused because there's no one they want and not because Molson needs to boost profits.

If it's the former, we can crash on free agency in some future year.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
  #367
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I hope the cap space is being unused because there's no one they want and not because Molson needs to boost profits.

If it's the former, we can crash on free agency in some future year.
What can the Habs use the extra cap space on? They have their centers, franchise goalie, #1 D, top-4 wingers and young players..

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 12:09 PM
  #368
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 10,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
What can the Habs use the extra cap space on? They have their centers, franchise goalie, #1 D, top-4 wingers and young players..
It's hard to judge from the outside.

Right now it's consistent either way.

We'll see in future seasons.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 12:11 PM
  #369
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
What can the Habs use the extra cap space on? They have their centers, franchise goalie, #1 D, top-4 wingers and young players..
They don't have to spend it right now.

Serious injuries could occur during the season and they gonna have the dough to pay for a pretty good player (like Wiz last season).

Next year, they will have to give susbstantial raises and long term contracts to Price & Subban among others.

Right now I don't see many decent players still available on the UFA market.


By the way: all the heavyweight goons and middle weight protectors with NHL experience had been signed elsewhere (Winchester should be next in Vancouver)... But we don't need any of those of course in Montreal...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 02:13 PM
  #370
jonnybullit4390
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
In m'y opinion there is Only 2 thing left to do and It minor one ! I would trade desharnais for nick Palmieri ... Palmieri is exactly the type of player we need , he's physical , he's big (6.3 ,225 ) , he as speed and he play on the RW this is exactly the player we need on the third line next to Eller and Ak !! Ak always play better when he as someone to win te battle in the corner and Palmieri and Eller are those guys !!
The second move would be to trade to get a good 3-4 dman during the season not before but during!! Spacek is not that bad and he's a good vet that can easily fulfill the 5-6 spot !!

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 03:06 PM
  #371
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 11,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybullit4390 View Post
In m'y opinion there is Only 2 thing left to do and It minor one ! I would trade desharnais for nick Palmieri ... Palmieri is exactly the type of player we need , he's physical , he's big (6.3 ,225 ) , he as speed and he play on the RW this is exactly the player we need on the third line next to Eller and Ak !! Ak always play better when he as someone to win te battle in the corner and Palmieri and Eller are those guys !!
The second move would be to trade to get a good 3-4 dman during the season not before but during!! Spacek is not that bad and he's a good vet that can easily fulfill the 5-6 spot !!
Why would we sign and trade DD?

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
  #372
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Why would we sign and trade DD?
Nevermind that, why the heck would the Devils trade Palmieri for Desharnais?

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
  #373
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Nevermind that, why the heck would the Devils trade Palmieri for Desharnais?
Um because jonnybullit wants them too. good enough for me

Zorba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 03:48 PM
  #374
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 50
I'm wondering if Nashville, considering the negociation status, would be willing to trade Weber for assets that would put them on top in 2-3 years.

I'd offer Tinordi, Beaulieu, Kostsitsyn, Spacek (salary dump) and a couple of 1st rounders + other draft picks or prospects for him. Do you guys think it's somehow realistic ? It's quantity for quality, but it's still not spare parts I'm offering.

Weber-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gill-Gorges
Weber

That's be seriously solid. It's a pipe dream, but I'd try to get Weber if I were PG. He's a top 5 Dman in the NHL. He's big, physical and very talented.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
  #375
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'm wondering if Nashville, considering the negociation status, would be willing to trade Weber for assets that would put them on top in 2-3 years.

I'd offer Tinordi, Beaulieu, Kostsitsyn, Spacek (salary dump) and a couple of 1st rounders + other draft picks or prospects for him. Do you guys think it's somehow realistic ? It's quantity for quality, but it's still not spare parts I'm offering.

Weber-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gill-Gorges
Weber

That's be seriously solid. It's a pipe dream, but I'd try to get Weber if I were PG. He's a top 5 Dman in the NHL. He's big, physical and very talented.
No, I don't think it's close. Nor do I think those assets would put them on top in 2-3 years.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.