HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles' Football (NFL discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2011, 07:53 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

vCash: 500
As I saw all of these releases by all these teams, I had saliva coming out of my mouth lol...

Realistically, who will we sign?

Old
07-27-2011, 12:06 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
The Eagles signed RB Noel Devine. I remember this guy was huge coming out of high school, then IIRC he transferred a couple times and never lived up to the hype. He had an awesome highlight tape, though.

Edit: I was thinking of Sam McGuffie. Both he and Devine had great highlight tapes. Devine actually holds a few West Virginia records.
He's pretty good, he injured his foot last season so he wasn't really himself for most of the year. He can return kicks too, he's a Darren Sproles type guy.

Old
07-27-2011, 12:24 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
He's pretty good, he injured his foot last season so he wasn't really himself for most of the year. He can return kicks too, he's a Darren Sproles type guy.

We'll be lucky if he is a "Darren Sproles type guy" in the NFL. Although if he makes the team, it will pretty much securely make us the fastest team in the league offensively.

Old
07-27-2011, 12:27 AM
DumpyD

Mikell is gone, thank god. Signed with the Rams.

Old
07-27-2011, 12:52 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
It's looking like the Eagles might have been too greedy for their own good and will not get as good of a return for Kolb. Tennessee and Seattle have pretty much settled their QB situations(as far they are concerned, but I think both are still going to suck at QB right now), and it pretty much leaves Arizona and Miami. With Arizona saying they're looking at Orton now, we might be disappointed with the return we get for Kolb, if we even trade him.

Old
07-27-2011, 01:04 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
It's looking like the Eagles might have been too greedy for their own good and will not get as good of a return for Kolb. Tennessee and Seattle have pretty much settled their QB situations(as far they are concerned, but I think both are still going to suck at QB right now), and it pretty much leaves Arizona and Miami. With Arizona saying they're looking at Orton now, we might be disappointed with the return we get for Kolb, if we even trade him.
Eagles always do small disappointing things in the offseason.

Old
07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Is the D-Jack contract killing the Eagles off-season that much?

Old
07-27-2011, 01:39 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Is the D-Jack contract killing the Eagles off-season that much?
No, it will get done. It's a non-issue.

Old
07-27-2011, 01:47 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
According to Derrick Gunn's Twitter the Kolb deal is close.

www.twitter.com/therealdgunn

Old
07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post

I feel the opposite. There are only two free QB dance partners left. It should just be a matter of whether what Arizona offers is acceptable to the Eagles' front office.

Old
07-27-2011, 02:39 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
According to Derrick Gunn's Twitter the Kolb deal is close.

www.twitter.com/therealdgunn
Lol if you scroll down to like August 25th or somewhere around there he's talkin to djack and stallworth and its pretty funny. when he's talking to Stallworth he's like yo man what's good how you livin

Old
07-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
What are your guys' opinions on Rodgers-Cromartie?

EDIT: Any updates on Burress?

Old
07-27-2011, 08:39 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post

Rodgers-Cromartie is a really good DB but he wasn't as good last season. Playing with Asante should help him. Also, ESPN was reporting that Plax is going to sign with the Giants or Steelers

Old
07-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Thanks. I'm still hoping we can bring in Burress.

Old
07-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

All the talent in the world, and probably one of the fastest guys in the league. I remember some of the passes he broke up in 2008 and 2009 when he'd close on the ball stupidly fast, it just left me in awe. That said, he seems to be somewhat of an enigma. At his best, DRC is a Pro Bowl quality player (see: 2009); at his worst, he's a ***** (wussy) who appears to dog it and mentally check out of the game (see: 2010). He was actually the worst tackling defensive back in the league last year, according to Football Outsiders (just what we need opposite Asante, right?). In all fairness, everything for everyone in Arizona went to **** last season. I think a change of scenery could do wonders for DRC.

Quote:
Thanks. I'm still hoping we can bring in Burress.
Yeah... not happening.

Old
07-27-2011, 09:58 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
this team has so many holes...the linebackers are in shambles...safetys are mostly unproven and the o line is the same as last year(atrocious). the eagles are going to need some major signings friday to be considered contenders. and at 20 mil under the cap, there's no excuse for at least a few of these to be filled...though Lurie and co. love to be the salary cap champs year in and year out..

Old
07-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
All the talent in the world, and probably one of the fastest guys in the league. I remember some of the passes he broke up in 2008 and 2009 when he'd close on the ball stupidly fast, it just left me in awe. That said, he seems to be somewhat of an enigma. At his best, DRC is a Pro Bowl quality player (see: 2009); at his worst, he's a ***** (wussy) who appears to dog it and mentally check out of the game (see: 2010). He was actually the worst tackling defensive back in the league last year, according to Football Outsiders (just what we need opposite Asante, right?). In all fairness, everything for everyone in Arizona went to **** last season. I think a change of scenery could do wonders for DRC.

Yeah... not happening.
There's no ****ing way a DB was a worse tackler than Asante last year, I refuse to believe that.

Don't know why all the Birds fans are getting so excited about this, I don't want any parts of DRC.

Old
07-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
There's no ****ing way a DB was a worse tackler than Asante last year, I refuse to believe that.

Don't know why all the Birds fans are getting so excited about this, I don't want any parts of DRC.
Ooooook. Here you go: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...n-tackles-2010

Secondly... DRC has a **** ton of talent and is only 25. If he recaptures his form from 2009, this is an excellent trade for the Eagles.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:06 AM
uvegotafrendinpa

according to Jay Glazer's twitter
Quote:
Eagles have agreed w Pro Bowl DE Jason Babin on 5 year deal, reuniting him w d-line coach Jim Washburn
I hope its for under 5 mil a year...if so its a good signing...

Old
07-28-2011, 08:30 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa View Post

He was an Eagle for a year? Funny that I find that surprising. Guess he wasn't much of a stand-out for us?

Old
07-28-2011, 08:36 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa View Post

lol guess we're not even going to give Graham a chance to win a starting spot. Babin is 30 and last year was his only good year in the NFL. anything over 4 million and we are going to be majorly disappointed.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:38 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
lol guess we're not even going to give Graham a chance to win a starting spot. Babin is 30 and last year was his only good year in the NFL. anything over 4 million and we are going to be majorly disappointed.
Graam just had micro-fracture surgery. To think he is gonna do anything this year is questionable. His career could be screwed up as well.

5 years 28 million, only 5-6 guaranteed. Good deal fellas.
http://twitter.com/#!/jwyattsports

Very good deal for us, not much guaranteed so we can jump out wheneever.

Old
07-28-2011, 09:50 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
He was an Eagle for a year? Funny that I find that surprising. Guess he wasn't much of a stand-out for us?
From what I remember he was a monster in the preseason while trying to make the team, and then he was given hardly any playing time in the regular season. IMO, he was noticeable when he was given the snaps.

Reid always drafts undersized DEs with "a great motor." Well, Babin had that motor and he was not resigned for some reason.

Who knows what the hell this team is doing, but I have a feeling the fans are going to get the "We like the guys we have there" and (after a great FA signs elsewhere) leaks to the media about how the FO tried to get the player.

The Eagles may pull something off, but they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt from this fan. Kolb for DRC is 'meh' and Babin is just okay.....

Old
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
From what I remember he was a monster in the preseason while trying to make the team, and then he was given hardly any playing time in the regular season. IMO, he was noticeable when he was given the snaps.

Reid always drafts undersized DEs with "a great motor." Well, Babin had that motor and he was not resigned for some reason.

Who knows what the hell this team is doing, but I have a feeling the fans are going to get the "We like the guys we have there" and (after a great FA signs elsewhere) leaks to the media about how the FO tried to get the player.

The Eagles may pull something off, but they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt from this fan. Kolb for DRC is 'meh' and Babin is just okay.....
A lot of the Eagles moves are meh.

Still not happy with the Watkins draft pick.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:25 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Eskin's twitter says Kolb to AZ is pretty much a done deal. Says agent is working on contract deal. Would post link but I'm on phone.

Closed Thread