HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

View Poll Results: would you sign morrison
yes 13 19.70%
no 53 80.30%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
All Purpose Proposals Mashup Pt. II

To Van
Ivan Vishnevskiy

To Dal
Cory Schneider

Vishnevskiy's scouting report Hockey Future
Quote:
History
2005-06: Vishnevskiy was selected 68th overall in the 2005 CHL Import Draft by the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies and made an impact for them right away. He had nearly point per game from the blue line and earned a spot on the QMJHLís Rookie All-Star Team (and in the CHL Top Prospects game). However, he was a surprise omission from the Russian U18 World Championships team. His departure for North America probably had a lot to do with the decision to leave him off the squad. Vishnevskiy did play for Team Russia (í88) in the Five Nations Tournament.

2006-07: The Stars used their first-round pick (27th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft to select Vishnevskiy. He returned to the Huskies and once again lead the clubís defensemen in points. He made some minor strides towards improving his defensive play and jumped from a plus-1 to a plus-9 -- scoring less on a worse team. Vishnevskiy also appeared in two games for Russia in the ADT Canada-Russia Challenge.

2007-08: On July 18, 2007, the Stars signed Vishnevskiy to a three-year entry-level deal. He was returned to Rouyn-Noranda once more where he had a point per game (45 in 45) but did not have as strong of a playoffs. He was nominated as a second-team QMJHL All-Star for his regular season efforts however. He also joined the Russian team for six games in Canada-Russia Jrs. Super Series, but only notched one goal during the series. Vishnevskiy was once again left off the World Juniors (U20) roster, this time because of a knee injury.
2008-09: Vishnevskiy got his first taste of professional hockey with the Peoria Rivermen this season. His numbers werenít exactly awe-inspiring (19 points and a minus-5 in 67 games). For much of his time in Peoria, his play wasnít exactly inspired either. Vishnevskiy seemed almost bored with his time in the AHL. If thereís one thing that kept him busy, however, it was improving his defensive play over the course of the year Ė which he did. But it wasnít until he was recalled to Dallas for the last three games of the season did we see whatís to come for the talented and dynamic Vishnevskiy.

Talent Analysis
A fluid skater, Vishnevskiy has all the offensive tools to become a powerplay quarterback in the NHL. Heís undersized and only average in his own end, two things that will work against him at the professional level. However, he has the vision and skill set that enable him to be a great puck-mover. Reads plays well and has the skating ability to stay in the play defensively, but isnít consistent enough in that regard. Needs to figure out a way to handle power forwards effectively.

Future

Potential: Second pairing offensive defenseman and power play quarterback, similar to Lubomir Visnovsky.

With Sergei Zubovís future in some question, Vishnevskiy may have shown enough in his short stint to be penciled into the 2009-10 Stars starting lineup.

Stats

Profile Last Updated: September, 2nd 2009
On CBC they said Turco isn't going to resign,there stacked with D prospects Nikanen,Grossman,Fistric,Larsen ETC.would you do it ? would the Stars do it ?

Last edited by Royal Canuck: 10-22-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 09:58 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Personally I think it's going to come down to who Dallas' scouting staff feels is the best goaltender. There's a couple of guys available right now, with Dallas being the only active buyer, but none of the sellers have an immediate rush to trade. So I'd imagine Dallas is going to take a long look at Halak, Schneider, and a couple others, pick who they believe will be the best going forward, then make a fair offer to that team.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:00 AM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
Personally I think it's going to come down to who Dallas' scouting staff feels is the best goaltender. There's a couple of guys available right now, with Dallas being the only active buyer, but none of the sellers have an immediate rush to trade. So I'd imagine Dallas is going to take a long look at Halak, Schneider, and a couple others, pick who they believe will be the best going forward, then make a fair offer to that team.
Dont forget Dan Ellis, (much compared to Turco for his style of play) is a UFA this summer
Dan being much more established with PLayoff success and number one status on an NHL team.

Halak seems like a good goaltender, but i dont think he will be bought up this deadline, more towards the Draft, when we see who is placed where, n who needs what.

idk much about this kid, but what you list isnt bad, Not much NHL experience either,
not sure if i like the injuries he has had, missing the juniors is a bummer, i look at the WJC as a real step in a young players development,
But imma look more into this kid,
Overal good proposal. not many Cory Schnieder proposals are.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:04 AM
oceanchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
To Van
Ivan Vishnevskiy

To Dal
Cory Schneider

On CBC they said Turco isn't going to resign,there stacked with D prospects Nikanen,Grossman,Fistric,Larsen ETC.would you do it ? would the Stars do it ?
on the trade board they talked about jamie benn for schneider which i like.

oceanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Hooker

It would surprise me if Nieuwendyk put in an offer sheet on Schneider in the off-season if we don't trade him off before then.

Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:06 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

This is way out in left field and basically just food for thought, but how many would do:

- Hodgson (or Schroeder?)
- Raymond
- Bieksa
- 1st Round Pick 2011

To Atlanta for

- Kovalchuk
- Valabik

?

Way too much to give?

Sedin- Sedin- Burrows
Kovachuk- Kesler- Demitra
Samuelsson- Wellwood- Bernier
Glass- Johnson/Rypien/Hansen etc...

Busted up Bieksa's 7th man spot for bigger Valabik.

?

LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:08 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
This is way out in left field and basically just food for thought, but how many would do:

- Raymond
- Bieksa
- 1st Round Pick 2011

To Atlanta for

- Kovalchuk
- Valabik

?

Way too much to give?

Sedin- Sedin- Burrows

?
I wouldn't do it considering that kovy is a free agent after the season

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:14 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Ya and likely extremely expensive...

but just imagine being able to put out Kovalchuk with Daniel and Henrik on a powerplay with Ehroff and Salo.

Old
01-19-2010, 03:15 AM
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Yeah, unless Kovalchuk is signed, I wouldn't be too comfortable with the deal, especially if it is Hodgson going the other way. A signed Kovalchuk (reasonably priced), and no question, the deal is very good for the Canucks.

El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:18 AM
El Duderino

And back to the topic at hand, I remember reading a trade proposal like this one a while ago, and IIRC Stars fans weren't too keen on a straight up swap for the two players. Talent-wise, the deal is probably fair, though Dallas could extract a more "valuable" resource for Vish instead of an unproven goalie (even if he is very good) unless their management is high on Schneider.

El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Agent007

Quote:

- Raymond
- Bieksa
- 1st Round Pick 2011

To Atlanta for

- Kovalchuk
- Valabik

?

Way too much to give?

Sedin- Sedin- Burrows

?
IMO the focus has to be defensive help but I'd love to add Kovalchuk to the mix.

I'd have no problem moving Schneider, Bieksa and picks for Kovalchuk but that's not likely going to get it done.

If the asking price for Kovalchuk and say Scott Neidermayer were the same then no doubt I'd go with Kovalchuk but realistically speaking there are teams such as LA that could afford to give up more and they've got a better chance at resigning him.

We could easily fit in Kovalchuk on a Hossa type of deal but if he's looking for 9+million long term then it just doesn't make sense.

Giving up Hodgson for a rental just doesn't make any sense. Even with Kovalchuk there's no gaurantee that we'll be able to get passed teams like San Jose and more importantly Chicago.

Kovalchuk puts us on a level where we can no doubt compete with either team but in a best of 7 it's tough to say what would happen.

With that being said any team that acquires Kovalchuk may get a late 1st/early 2nd round pick for his rights at the draft if they can't get him signed.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:51 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
IMO the focus has to be defensive help but I'd love to add Kovalchuk to the mix.

I'd have no problem moving Schneider, Bieksa and picks for Kovalchuk but that's not likely going to get it done.

If the asking price for Kovalchuk and say Scott Neidermayer were the same then no doubt I'd go with Kovalchuk but realistically speaking there are teams such as LA that could afford to give up more and they've got a better chance at resigning him.

We could easily fit in Kovalchuk on a Hossa type of deal but if he's looking for 9+million long term then it just doesn't make sense.

Giving up Hodgson for a rental just doesn't make any sense. Even with Kovalchuk there's no gaurantee that we'll be able to get passed teams like San Jose and more importantly Chicago.

Kovalchuk puts us on a level where we can no doubt compete with either team but in a best of 7 it's tough to say what would happen.

With that being said any team that acquires Kovalchuk may get a late 1st/early 2nd round pick for his rights at the draft if they can't get him signed.
Personally even though i'd like Niedermayer i'm a little loathe now to go for the rental... moving picks has been a curse of many playoff failing teams and as long as we don't have serious injuries I honestly wouldn't mind the Canucks standing pat this season at the deadline (except maybe something VERY small like a Cullen or someone as a 3rd line center if not expensive).

Shooting for Kovalchuk is also ludicrous, but ya it's mainly due to the cost you mentioned going forward which could be crazy... but who knows?

Old
01-19-2010, 04:20 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Personally even though i'd like Niedermayer i'm a little loathe now to go for the rental... moving picks has been a curse of many playoff failing teams and as long as we don't have serious injuries I honestly wouldn't mind the Canucks standing pat this season at the deadline (except maybe something VERY small like a Cullen or someone as a 3rd line center if not expensive).

Shooting for Kovalchuk is also ludicrous, but ya it's mainly due to the cost you mentioned going forward which could be crazy... but who knows?
Yeah I agree that it's best for us to stand pat this season and maybe add a cheap peice or two if possible.

I really like the direction of this team and I honestly believe that the best is yet to come with this new core of players we've got. Gillis can put us in a situation where we can be contenders for the next 3 to 5 years but if you go after a guy like Kovalchuk, empty the cupboard, don't win anything and watch him walk away this summer then it could hurt our teams development down the line.

Not only is our core relatively young but we've still got a nice wave of younger players ready to make an impact in the next 1-3 years.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Grabner-Hodgson-Bernier

That core right there has pretty good potential moving forward and there's still some younger players like Shirokov, Rodin, and Schroeder pushing for spots over the next few seasons.

Defence is pretty much the only position that needs work but if Edler and Ehrhoff can develop into decent top pairing defencemen then it should all work out for us.
Over the next few years we'll have Oberg, Sauve, Connauton, and hopefully Andersson pushing for spots as well. If we can add a couple of top four defencemen to the mix (either UFA or trade) then it could round out our defence pretty nicely.

The key is going to be asset management IMO. We need to make sure we get good value out of guys like Schneider and possibly even Hansen.

If we can add a couple of younger defencemen for those guys and either resign Mitchell or find a decent replacement in the free agent market we can find ourselves looking pretty good over the next few years.

Then again if Gillis feels he's got a good shot at resigning Kovalchuk or if he feels this team has a good shot at winning it all with Kovalchuk this year then it wouldn't surprise me to see him pretty active in the sweepstakes.

Old
01-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Agent007

Here's what I've got for next season (assuming Kesler's cap hit is 4.5, Raymond's cap hit is 2.5 and the cap stays the same):

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / * Ryan Kesler ($4.500m)
* Mason Raymond ($2.500m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Steve Bernier ($2.000m) / Cody Hodgson ($1.696m) / Michael Grabner ($0.843m)
Darcy Hordichuk ($0.775m) / * Jannik Hansen ($0.750m) / * Alexandre Bolduc ($0.600m)
Rick Rypien ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($3.750m) / Sami Salo ($3.500m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($3.100m)
* Shane O'Brien ($1.750m) / * Brad Lukowich ($0.700m)
* Aaron Rome ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) / * Andrew Raycroft ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $53.397m; CAP ROOM: $4.253m BONUSES: $0.850m

Because it's the last year of the current CBA (there is an option available for the PA but they likely won't exercise it until after the season begins) I'm going to assume that the bonuses will count against the cap. If that's the case then we've got 3.403 million left to spend on that final defencemen and leave a little wiggle room.

Assuming we move Schneider for a young defencemen on a decent contract (let's say around 1 million dollars) then it likely frees up SOB and his 1.75 million dollar contract which gives us another 750k of cap space to go with the 3.403 we've already got.

So realistically I could see us having around 3.5 million dollars in cap space to add that final top four defencemen that we need.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:11 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
To Van
Ivan Vishnevskiy

To Dal
Cory Schneider

At this price, I guess Dallas prefered Lethonen over Schneider

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
At this price, I guess Dallas prefered Lethonen over Schneider
This is an old thread

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
This is an old thread
My favourite thread that gets bumped every once in a while is the one on the prospects board from like 6 years ago comparing Yann Sauve to Drew Doughty and people were saying Sauve would be better than Doughty

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:49 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
My favourite thread that gets bumped every once in a while is the one on the prospects board from like 6 years ago comparing Yann Sauve to Drew Doughty and people were saying Sauve would be better than Doughty
Or the Subban vs Hickey

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=674557

Last edited by palindrom: 07-28-2011 at 08:21 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi-wayman

Staal - Stafford - Blum

At the trade deadline, if Gillis wanted to trade for a younger impact player which of these three would be the most benifical to the Canucks as a team?

Jordan Stall to centre our 2nd line and Kesler to move to RW?

Drew Stafford to play RW on the Kesler line?

Jonathon Blum to paired with Edler as a RD?

All three players would be considered above average and important players to their respictive teams, but none are first line players for their team and would not be considered a franchise level player for their team. Thus each could be considered tradeable for a fair return without the need for overpayment.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 01:16 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I don't think any of them would be available.

Kinda disappointed...I thought there would be actual speculation that these guys were available as opposed to a mere proposal

08-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡į ᴥ͡į)

All of those guys are untouchable, especially Staal and Blum.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Barney Gumble

Staal would cost us far too much to make it worthwhile.

Barney Gumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
crazyforhockey

remeber when we tried to aquire Jaybo a few years back...... didnt work because the price was too high

why? because both teams were fighting for playoff spots(van for deep in the playoffs,and florida to make the playoffs)

all those teams are looking for additions for their team... or upgrades not sideways moves

liklehood of those teams far outside the playoff spots.....highly unlikely

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 02:00 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

This stuff is so far out of the bounds of realism that they're not worth considering.

Unless you want to make the Canucks worse in the short term by bowling someone over with an offer.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
remeber when we tried to aquire Jaybo a few years back...... didnt work because the price was too high

why? because both teams were fighting for playoff spots(van for deep in the playoffs,and florida to make the playoffs)

all those teams are looking for additions for their team... or upgrades not sideways moves

liklehood of those teams far outside the playoff spots.....highly unlikely
Which means we should pray the NJD stinks up the joint this coming season with Marty and Hedberg posting absolutely atrocious sv% and GAA.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote