HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev's interview to Sport Express (Ukrainian news paper)/ Updated with new quotes

Old
07-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Clown Baby

vCash: 500
What a confused self-important dbag. Good riddance.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 05:58 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

hahaha all i got out of this is "everything you thought about me was true. i am a d-bag. sign me."

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 06:28 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
hahaha all i got out of this is "everything you thought about me was true. i am a d-bag. sign me."
your russian must be really good

seriously though, i like your translation...it captures the essence of the interview

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Codith

The guy has all the talent in the world, but a terrible work ethic and will do little outside of his offensive skills to help any club he plays on.

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Gonna miss Z.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 09:46 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Nothing wrong with that interview. Infact he's very kind towards the flyers.

About the fighting thing, it clearly means " to show more fight". Not to drop the gloves.
Agreed... fight for your spot type thing.

StandingCow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 04:20 AM
BillDineen

I think it went like this:
1- Lavy tells Z to fight more
2- Z thinks it means actually fight
3- Z is confused and can't fight anyone at practice so he seems disinterested
4- Repeat

Last edited by BillDineen: 07-28-2011 at 07:58 AM.
BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:26 AM
FlyersFan61290

Zherdev and the season that went down in flames

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...down-in-flames

Goes a little more in depth on some stuff and adds a few new things. Overall it's from the same interview

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:48 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Zherdev and the season that went down in flames

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...down-in-flames

Goes a little more in depth on some stuff and adds a few new things. Overall it's from the same interview
Thank you for posting this
The interview I translated was apparently just an excerpt from the interview published today.

I also need to admit that your link offers much better quality of translation.

I read the comments to the original articles from the Russian fans- they overwhelmingly called him a "cry baby" and an average player with too high demands.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I think it went like this:
1- Lavy tells Z to fight more
2- Z thinks it means actually fight
3- Z is confused and can't fight anyone at practice so he seems disinterested
4- Repeat
I have to wonder about something like this going down. It seems like there may have been more at play because of language issues.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:13 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
"He also said that I wasn’t a part of the team. Yeah, of course I wasn’t. I sat in the press box for a month and a half and then he told me to get out there and play."

"If I’m in the roster, I should actually be on the team. Not just go to the practices without any chances to help the team. To help them win the Stanley Cup."
I feel you Z

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:27 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I have to wonder about something like this going down. It seems like there may have been more at play because of language issues.
That's semms very plausible, however we would not know if he had used an interpreter as Bob did.

Also, Z was not a "fresh of the boat" kind of guy, so he had to take ownership of learning the language of his employer and making sure that he understands instructions.

Having worked for American employers from almost day 1 of my imigration and having valued an opportunity to hold a job/ jobs I consider his misinterpretations of communications or lack of understanding (after 4 years in the USA) as unprofessional approach to his job.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:37 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Z gets a bad rep but I will always believe he was misused in Philly and never really given a shot.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Z gets a bad rep but I will always believe he was misused in Philly and never really given a shot.
If that was the only problem, he would have been picked up from waivers and would have actually had a contract by now.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:55 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
If that was the only problem, he would have been picked up from waivers and would have actually had a contract by now.
Well, he was seen as having a "last chance" with Philly by many, and came here and got shafted pretty well so people must think "Well if Philly gave him a final chance and he was still a dick, he'll never change!". The bad rep will always follow him, so I do believe that is the main reason. Then again, like the Carter and Richards situation, we will probably never know the full story... but that's just how I see it anyways. I accept your possibility that there are more problems, you never know.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:58 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Well, he was seen as having a "last chance" with Philly by many, and came here and got shafted pretty well so people must think "Well if Philly gave him a final chance and he was still a dick, he'll never change!". The bad rep will always follow him, so I do believe that is the main reason. Then again, like the Carter and Richards situation, we will probably never know the full story... but that's just how I see it anyways. I accept your possibility that there are more problems, you never know.
Even KHL shows very little interest in him.

Old
07-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Swiper the Fox

Just give him some ice-time

Goals per minute (based on actual time on ice)

Zherdev : 0.022

Richards: 0.015

Brier: 0.01774

Carter: 0.02467

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:48 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Just like the naive fans that think getting rid of Richie was a good thing, they also are okay with getting rid of a talented player like Z, who would sign for practically nothing.

Z was used and abused in Philly. I didn't see him coasting nearly as much as other people claim and when nobody was out there skating in the final few weeks of our season, Z was on a rampage.

Its sad one cannot shed ones old reputation but that seems to have been the case with Z.

Old
07-28-2011, 11:57 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Just like the naive fans that think getting rid of Richie was a good thing, they also are okay with getting rid of a talented player like Z, who would sign for practically nothing.

Z was used and abused in Philly. I didn't see him coasting nearly as much as other people claim and when nobody was out there skating in the final few weeks of our season, Z was on a rampage.

Its sad one cannot shed ones old reputation but that seems to have been the case with Z.
I hope you were missing the

But I don't think you were. Get off the whole Richards thing its done hes gone you whining about him not being on the team anymore does not make him anything more then an LA King now, management, ownership and the team believed that he and his brosef Jeff were problems in the locker room and they could not win with them, they traded them and got good returns on each especially if both Couturier and Schenn both pan out.

Zherdev sucked the whole time he was here. He was exactly as advertised only playing in one end of the ice literally, and not doing what was asked of him by the coach. So he got sat and then they needed someone to plug in so they used him there and the same old ****. In the playoffs he looked better but not good enough to wipe the slate clean on what had been a disaster of a season

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:

His rep was earned and no effort was made to change it.
No offense, but 29 GMS are smarter than you

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Currently 30.

07-28-2011, 12:25 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I hope you were missing the

But I don't think you were. Get off the whole Richards thing its done hes gone you whining about him not being on the team anymore does not make him anything more then an LA King now, management, ownership and the team believed that he and his brosef Jeff were problems in the locker room and they could not win with them, they traded them and got good returns on each especially if both Couturier and Schenn both pan out.

Zherdev sucked the whole time he was here. He was exactly as advertised only playing in one end of the ice literally, and not doing what was asked of him by the coach. So he got sat and then they needed someone to plug in so they used him there and the same old ****. In the playoffs he looked better but not good enough to wipe the slate clean on what had been a disaster of a season
The numbers and facts don't lie. The team was better with him playing. But Lavi decided to sit him and aid the down spiral that the season became (though I'm not saying him sitting was the only reason for the failure). Quite a few fwd's were happy to have him back after Lavi started playing him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
One of the naive I see. You're probably one of the moron's who love we acquired Jagar and thought Roenick was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

The numbers don't indicate his laziness in practice, overstayed shifts, and the way he disrupted team play by trying to do everything himself...not to mention his neglect of defensive responsibilities. Overall, he was a net negative.

Lavi gives ice time to people who earn it. Clearly he thought Z didn't deserve it.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:33 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The numbers don't indicate his laziness in practice, overstayed shifts, and the way he disrupted team play by trying to do everything himself...not to mention his neglect of defensive responsibilities. Overall, he was a net negative.

Lavi gives ice time to people who earn it. Clearly he thought Z didn't deserve it.
How do we know he was lazy in practice? Because if he was "lazy" in practice, like he was supposedly "lazy" in a game, IMHO he was no more lazier than any other player out there.

Overstayed shifts...fine. Repeat offender and something that could be easily worked on.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
How do we know he was lazy in practice? Because if he was "lazy" in practice, like he was supposedly "lazy" in a game, IMHO he was no more lazier than any other player out there.

Overstayed shifts...fine. Repeat offender and something that could be easily worked on.
Because the organization has stated that he didn't show effort in practice.

When it comes to game situations, you clearly didn't see how he was routinely one of the last players to get back to his own end. He chronically cherry picked and hoped that others would do the defensive work for him.

I'm glad he isn't part of the team going into this year. They're going to have more than enough issues to resolve without having to cater to Z.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote