HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Linus(Lie-Nis) Omark Thread_NHL V1.0

Old
02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by proppski View Post
Im as a homer has only want to give omark a fair threatment, killing only him for some misstakes he made in his game, sitting like a hawk to find errors on a particular player in the team isnt fair threathment from you, i never mind the oneliners "he must work on his defensive game" but you certainly make your opinion in long replys with throwing and twist stats around, you are the most negative on hf board about Omark and that surely affect the negatives schabloons on him instead to see the progress after the last recall, everyone can see he isnt the best guy in own zone, he never been that, but he had topsix minutes in every leuage he played in and made impact there, do you think he can play topsix in wc without to be decent/ at defence and their i think for a long time that gagner is a missmatch there. I very sure on that omarks def. issues is a combination of adapt to na style of hockey, the whole team plays naive a lot of the parts of the games, and then given you a weak c defensive isnt optimal for his style of playing. I think the smaller rinks is in favour for omark in the next future because hes a smart player and can do his moves shorter from the goal at the boards and the goalproduktion should increase when they start to have more brakeaways in their games.

And that hall and eberle have a freeride comparing too mps and omark isnt hard too see! Hall giving up the puck many times going forward at full speed maybee hes been lucky/ with better d who helped him and doesnt got punished.its happen very much in the offensive game with hall at the ice, but ive seen him pretty cold with other lines very hot, but they continued too doubleshift hall at the end of a couple of tight games.
Your homerism on Omark means posters take your opinion as less valid. I certainly do. Replacement's criticism on Omark is valid - Omark has issues defensively, as many young players do. Yet all you do is berate Replacement, blame Gagner for being a weak centre, blame the posters the criticize for not doing the same to Eberle and Hall - how about actually accepting the criticism for what it is? Stop being Omark's overprotective mom and making excuses.

None of us is saying that Omark is a useless prospect - all we're doing is pointing out his deficiencies, that I have no doubt he will improve with experience.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpDave View Post
the reason for having Omark on the powerplay is he's probably our best distributor of the puck right now (very few giveaways even when given the puck in a difficult situations)
Maybe the language barrier there, but what i meant was that i dont think its good to use Omark on the left D side on the pp. Offcorse i think he should be playing powerplay.

Its much better to have Omark on the rf or lf, that way he have more options in moving the puck. On a ld possition he cant and shouldnt challange 1v1, its longer for him to drive the net if he wishes to. It be harder for him to make cross passes or moving with the puck.

What Omark does good on the pp is that he can challange 1v1 while making the passes, he isnt afraid to step it into the slot or holding on to the puck to find a good pass. If he is the last man down he really shouldnt do those things.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Omark playing on the point is just pure stupidity, I agree. No one in the Oilers locker room, coach or player, has any idea of what to do. They certainly have the necessary skill and individual talent to at least hover around 15th or 16th in the league, possibly be 18-19-20th at absolute worst. This has just been a disgrace though.

and yeah Proppski, you need to give a rest bud, credibitility rapidly diminishing with each p0ast you make. strongly come across as a frustrated fanboy.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
simple question, have you watched the Oilers play once this season? do you know who else plays for the Oilers currently? do you realize how challenged the team is both offensively and defensively?

the answer to all of these questions is probably no.
What does that have to do with people thinking they know everything about Omark from watching him play only 25 games, 25 games where he hasnt been allowed to play in the way he excels at ...?

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
What does that have to do with people thinking they know everything about Omark from watching him play only 25 games, 25 games where he hasnt been allowed to play in the way he excels at ...?
you're missing the point. and besides, he's still one of the most offensively creative and talented players on the whole team in his rookie season, but he's not one of their best players... ahh I'm done trying to reason or explain things. It's evident I'm speaking with someone who's is unable to grasp the situation.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
LimpDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Maybe the language barrier there, but what i meant was that i dont think its good to use Omark on the left D side on the pp. Offcorse i think he should be playing powerplay.

Its much better to have Omark on the rf or lf, that way he have more options in moving the puck. On a ld possition he cant and shouldnt challange 1v1, its longer for him to drive the net if he wishes to. It be harder for him to make cross passes or moving with the puck.

What Omark does good on the pp is that he can challange 1v1 while making the passes, he isnt afraid to step it into the slot or holding on to the puck to find a good pass. If he is the last man down he really shouldnt do those things.
ok yeah i agree, i think the point i was trying to point was more how poor our defense is...foster especially

i really hope the oilers get some confidence on their powerplay...it seems that their execution is lacking partially because they aren't decisive with the shot, omark is playing strictly as a distributor, everyone else looks pretty weak imo

LimpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 04:06 AM
proppski

adad

Last edited by proppski: 07-28-2011 at 10:42 AM.
proppski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
I see what i see, cant help you and the "others" who you represent to take my opinions seriusly, i have followed omark from the start, and i now what he capable of!
im not blaming Gagner for being a week centre, he is what he is. I said if you have following this defending debate of omark, not a match for omark/mps and there you can see i meant that with stronger c on fo/physhical/defence omarks issues on defence shouldnt be in focus.

Its good that you take replacements side in this debate he couldnt see improvement in omarks(25 ) games after the last recall. He mostly throwed out negatives of omark and when he did some good plays or goals, then it was because of very poor defending.
My issue here from the start is too give him time before you evaluate omark as a player, he didnt make the team from start season (doubtful). he proved his point in ahl and came in for injury players, he hasnt haved that security behind him, he has played under pressure,and when stortini got waived, he had his first good signal that hes on the team.

I dont blame the posters not doing the same thing with hall eberle, because about omark its not posters, its about 1 poster who dominate the negative side, i think other poster give rookies more then 10 games before they been jumped on.
Umm, what do you mean time? Linus Omark has played 25 games at the NHL level, that's a very good sample size to start looking at strengths and deficiencies in his game. He's brilliant and creative offensively, is strong on the puck, has good tenacity and seems to be a damned fine passer, those are the positives.

The Negatives, he still struggles defensively, look at the Umberger goal the other game when RJ walked through Omark, and he still get lost a bit out there sometimes.

That all said he's an NHL player and should improve, if he's willing to, and he seem that he is.

Stop acting like pointing out deficiencies in a players game means everyone hates him.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 08:19 AM
proppski

adadad

Last edited by proppski: 07-28-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old
02-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Actually i like post like yours, you bring up goods and bads! the issue here is that omarks error has been the mainobject from a certain poster, They doesnt se progress, they read the boxscore and make a decision on that. I had never said that omark hasnt something to improve in his game, he has very much, hes a rookie prospect and learns every day! The last 6 games hes -2 if you include the open net goal against last game with four points is that progress or just luck or a combination?
Thanks, but the reality is, there's no point in "discussing" what he's doing well, because he's doing that well. By discussion and focusing on the area's he needs to improve, we can get even more enjoyment out of watching him as he develops into a solid, everyday, dependable NHLer, and over comes those areas of weakness.

I'm not arguing there was a bit of bad luck, but his defensive game just needs to improve, that comes with time.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
I see what i see, cant help you and the "others" who you represent to take my opinions seriusly, i have followed omark from the start, and i now what he capable of!
im not blaming Gagner for being a week centre, he is what he is. I said if you have following this defending debate of omark, not a match for omark/mps and there you can see i meant that with stronger c on fo/physhical/defence omarks issues on defence shouldnt be in focus.

Its good that you take replacements side in this debate he couldnt see improvement in omarks(25 ) games after the last recall. He mostly throwed out negatives of omark and when he did some good plays or goals, then it was because of very poor defending.
My issue here from the start is too give him time before you evaluate omark as a player, he didnt make the team from start season (doubtful). he proved his point in ahl and came in for injury players, he hasnt haved that security behind him, he has played under pressure,and when stortini got waived, he had his first good signal that hes on the team.

I dont blame the posters not doing the same thing with hall eberle, because about omark its not posters, its about 1 poster who dominate the negative side, i think other poster give rookies more then 10 games before they been jumped on.
The thing that maybe you should consider is that theres another unmentioned dynamic at work here. That people who have witnessed players slay opponents in lesser levels of hockey would be predisposed to view that player as dominant, infalible, and infinitely capable. For instance fans of Hall or Omark would have this predisposition. (but in Halls case this being more warranted)
The "I know this player" is less valuable information than you might think because theres never any guarantee that even some of the best young prospects will make it at this NHL level.
The transition to this level is quite a steep as you correctly mention. But you mention that often while consistently inferring that Omark is a guarantee at this level.

The odd thing is that while you feel I have made premature conclusions on this player ( I haven't, I'm still evaluating) your conclusion from the start, before any NHL GP, is that he is a bonafide valuable NHL player and that anybody that can't see that has something wrong with them.

Last edited by Replacement: 02-11-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Juice

Linus Omark is a saint! He is the smallest powerforward i know!

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:40 AM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

Omark is great in enemy territory. Willing to work hard and is very creative and confident. His defensive game will never be great but it will improve in time. I think PRV - Lander - OMark could be a great line in the future.

TheBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
Omark is great in enemy territory. Willing to work hard and is very creative and confident. His defensive game will never be great but it will improve in time. I think PRV - Lander - OMark could be a great line in the future.
It shall be called the meatball express

Old
02-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Ikea express.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Ikea express.
You Racist

Old
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Finger Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post

Future Omark report?

Finger Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 03:44 PM
proppski

[adad

Last edited by proppski: 07-28-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old
02-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
I dont know exactly what happened on this board before january when i signed up (one-way contract) on hf-board i followed some threads a couple of years ago when the board started to discuss omark and then it was a friendly debate, people was curiuos towards him and the swedish posters then provided the board with information and clips about him. The climate when i came on was a bit hostile shremp here and there, another dwarf and so on. I had never said that he is a nhl player, im only confident on that myself because ive seen a lot of these swedes who has played in nhl and now playing here from homestand and can compare skills. Hes has follow the prospect standards for swedes who has made a big impact in nhl (only a little late) contributing big at sel, regular at team sweden, proved himself in khl and ahl its certainly not a shortcut, nhl is only the last step for him and i cant se him fail on that.

maybee im wrong so be that! It was frustated and strange for us who had seen omark a couple of years when he didnt made the team start season. We have seen lessed skilled swedes making a living in nhl. He started with a cirkus-number and then the youtube debate was going on again, he had a shaky start and looked lost out there at some early games i watched. I think his progress after the last recall is pretty clear i dont think im homeblind on that. My expectations on omark is huge, and im not satiesfield with his game so far (up and downs) i have only seen glimts.

But the glimts has earned him a spot on this team(so far) and the glimts has been more consistant recently and gives people a hint were omark ends up in nhl.
Its all fair.

I don't mind the discussion and for the most part I think this has been one of the more interesting threads on HF. Certainly one of the more active here right now when the rest of the board is in a rare quiet moment.(Activity here isn't even 50% what it usually is)

What I like to see is that you have commented in other threads regarding other players and are becoming a fan of the club in general rather than just the one player. Its optional but of course also welcomed here.

I know its always an unpleasant reference contextually but theres still a lot of Nilsson memory here. It might factor in to some of the feelings here.

Plus we've had so many young busts in general. Brule, Nilsson, Pouliot, Schremp, Lupul, Sully, Grebs. ALL of these were highly touted players.

I'm not anti Omark and my personal belief is this club needs all the help it can get. I am a pessimist by now regarding the Oilers. But this is sometimes a conditioned response.

The Oilers have sucked for decades. Much conditioned negativity exists here.

Should be sunnier days ahead.

Always room for more fans of the Oilers. From the looks of it also room for Omark although its just not clear how it will all settle out.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:09 PM
LimpDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Always room for more fans of the Oilers. From the looks of it also room for Omark although its just not clear how it will all settle out.

very happy to see you say there looks to be room for omark

it's something that you can tell management is strongly behind, both coaches are very high on the little swede

my only problem with you has honestly been that your too strong in your negative approach to players, rather than acknowledge what is there, you seem to ignore it, and debate vehemently which is odd because you articulate yourself well...

I am a positive person, however i think i'm a realist...and one thing i'm very certain of is that we haven't seen a player like Omark on this team in a long while...he's got a very unique skill set, and even though i am in the minority, i think he will improve his defensive game to a point where you might see it labeled as an asset.

I don't make a lot of claims like that very often. But watching Omark is something that gives me odd memories of watching one of my favorite players Henrik Zetterberg...(i realize comparing him to one of the games greats will loose a lot of credibility with many posters...but i am serious when i think they are similar in many ways)

Omark needs to change his philosophy in hockey...the challenges now are completely different...with proper coaching i think he has the desire to be an elite player with a well rounded skill set

we'll see.

LimpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Spam?

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:33 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Spam?
Yup, first time I got to break out the super mod powers. We have an Omark thread on the go, there was no need to bump this one.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Yup, first time I got to break out the super mod powers. We have an Omark thread on the go, there was no need to bump this one.
Oh I though he was just playing word of the day fodder.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:46 AM
proppski

it was only a accident post when i delete all my posts before i leave the forum