HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Captain Slow

vCash: 500
Down the road, I'd really like to see them dump the 'bolts' third jersey (I was never much of a fan of it) and unveil a third jersey like the one we won the cup in. I think it'd be a great way to honor some of the positive history that we have here in Tampa. It'd also probably be a very popular jersey among the fans that were dissapointed in a major decrease in the use of black in the new uniforms. Not to mention a "Back in Black" marketing campaign sounds too good to pass up.

This isn't a plea to scrap the new jerseys and return full time to black uniforms. But as an alternate worn once in a while during the year I think it'd be awesome.

Old
07-19-2011, 06:15 PM
MillerTime2181

Am I in the minority here? I haven't read through the entire thread, but I don't like Tampa's new jerseys. I thought the black/blue/white-silver they had going on looked really sharp. The new ones seem cartoonish to me. Either way Tampa's got an exciting team so it's really all moot I guess. Most of the old jerseys are probably on sale now though huh? Maybe I should look around.

Old
07-19-2011, 06:23 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Am I in the minority here? I haven't read through the entire thread, but I don't like Tampa's new jerseys. I thought the black/blue/white-silver they had going on looked really sharp. The new ones seem cartoonish to me. Either way Tampa's got an exciting team so it's really all moot I guess. Most of the old jerseys are probably on sale now though huh? Maybe I should look around.
So you're saying you don't like cartoons? This man is unamerican.

Old
07-19-2011, 06:31 PM
MillerTime2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
So you're saying you don't like cartoons? This man is unamerican.
LoL. Touche. I guess I'm a fan of black jerseys though I suppose they've been a bit overdone in just about every sport.

Old
07-19-2011, 07:22 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

I'll tell you what - at this point I really just want to see a player wearing the entire uniform as it'll look come October. Not the promo shots from the unveiling... but the new version with black and bolts on the pants, with the gloves and all.

Old
07-19-2011, 09:36 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
LoL. Touche. I guess I'm a fan of black jerseys though I suppose they've been a bit overdone in just about every sport.
WHATEVER, COMMIE.

Old
07-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
I agree with you on one point. If they had to add a 3rd color I would have preferred Silver rather than Black.

07-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
WHATEVER, COMMIE.
So the Lightning's latest draft class does not like cartoons?

Old
07-24-2011, 12:05 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Bolt on pants: http://www.facebook.com/video/video....id=88033107818 (also: Stamkos interview)

Old
07-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I don't really like that everything the Lightning have been tweeting recently has been along the lines of "Stamkos approves of new ____".

Do you think I give a **** what Stamkos thinks? Why not ask Mike Vernace about the new flooring?

Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-24-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old
07-24-2011, 03:42 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I don't really like that everything the Lightning have been tweeting recently has been along the lines of "Stamkos approves of new ____".

Do you think I give a **** what Stamkos thinks? Why not ask Mike Vernace about the new flooring?
They would, but they're remodeling the forum, not Norfolk.

Old
07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Benders Lindyhop

Some more info about the renovations:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...eality/1182769

Quote:
Another signature addition will be Tesla coils on either side of the scoreboard that will shoot lightning 25 feet.

"How can you be named the lightning and not have a signature effect in the building?" Leiweke said.
25 foot lightning bolts! It's either going to be totally bad ass or really cheesy, but it will definitely be different! Can't wait for opening night.

Old
07-27-2011, 07:33 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

25 foot lightning bolts! It's either going to be totally bad ass or really cheesy, but it will definitely be different! Can't wait for opening night.
I think it'll look badass. It sounds as if the bolts will shoot out from the sides and never really make contact with anything. In my mind I was seeing the bolts connecting somewhere which is why it seemed unsafe.

Old
07-27-2011, 10:48 PM
AidanPhalen13*

Sounds sick

Old
07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Captain Slow

For the sake of discussion, here's a jersey concept I found/one I created:

The first one is one I found online which I think looks pretty cool (although I'm not sure how I feel about the glowing logo). Then I modified it to look similar to the cup winning jersey. A few differences from the '04 jersey are the inclusion of the current logo and the striping being somewhat different, but overall I think it'd make for a sharp alternate.
Attached Images
File Type: png Ryan-TB.png‎ (83.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg lightning jersey concept.jpg‎ (94.3 KB, 35 views)

Old
07-28-2011, 09:54 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

The first one is one I found online which I think looks pretty cool (although I'm not sure how I feel about the glowing logo). Then I modified it to look similar to the cup winning jersey. A few differences from the '04 jersey are the inclusion of the current logo and the striping being somewhat different, but overall I think it'd make for a sharp alternate.
Those jerseys seem off imo. If you're going to introduce a concept jersey, I'd rather see this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFleegs View Post
Preferably the second one.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:28 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...94626/30938115
Quote:
PITTSBURGH IS ON THE CLOCK? No site has been selected for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft yet, but Pittsburgh has stepped to the front of the table as the leader (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review). The city's main foe appears to be the Tampa Bay Lightning. Last year the draft was held in Minnesota. But that's not all the Penguins are up to in the middle of the summer. The team is also going to unveil a Mario Lemieux statue outside of the arena at some point before then. Certainly a worthy gesture.
We haven't hosted the draft yet, so this would be great to have with all the changes being made to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

I like the '04 jersey on the right. Hopefully they add a black 3rd jersey down the road since the Bolts jersey and our home jersey are both blue. The 10 year cup anniversary and 25th season could be a good time to make a tribute to that original black jersey with the white shoulders. I'd love it if they did.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

Love the hard work they are putting into the new building. Sounds like they are working countless hours on it.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:04 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...94626/30938115

Quote:
PITTSBURGH IS ON THE CLOCK? No site has been selected for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft yet, but Pittsburgh has stepped to the front of the table as the leader (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review). The city's main foe appears to be the Tampa Bay Lightning. Last year the draft was held in Minnesota. But that's not all the Penguins are up to in the middle of the summer. The team is also going to unveil a Mario Lemieux statue outside of the arena at some point before then. Certainly a worthy gesture.
We haven't hosted the draft yet, so this would be great to have with all the changes being made to the forum. (...)
Quote:
MikeCorcoranNHL Mike Corcoran
Team source tells ESPN 1040 that #TBLightning are NOT in the running to hold next years #NHLDraft
http://twitter.com/#!/MikeCorcoranNHL

Old
07-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/MikeCorcoranNHL

Quote:
MikeCorcoranNHL Mike Corcoran
Team source tells ESPN 1040 that #TBLightning are NOT in the running to hold next years #NHLDraft
Notice he didn't say anything about "this" year's draft.

Can we get Torontodelphia fans constantly pestering us that we're going to hold the draft now?

"Maple Flyer fan who comes in peace. I haven't been following the draft situation all that carefully, but I just heard on the radio that you guys will be cryin' in yer beer when the Lightning pick last, because they can't afford a higher draft pick. This is reality."

Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-28-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Eklund confirms
Old
07-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Massive Pipe Organ and Tesla Coils in the SPTF...we are officially The Steampunk Hockey Club. Rockin'!!!

Old
07-29-2011, 12:07 PM
JFleegs

just for fun and boredom...

Edit: the 3rd one is what I think the away jersey should look like

Last edited by JFleegs: 06-24-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old
07-29-2011, 12:27 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
just for fun and boredom...
Ahah, should have stuck to your original concept jerseys. That one looks like the bolt has soiled itself.

Old
07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
JFleegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
Ahah, should have stuck to your original concept jerseys. That one looks like the bolt has soiled itself.
hahah really? see im a fan of that old 2nd logo...maybe its just me lol

Old
07-29-2011, 01:30 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
hahah really? see im a fan of that old 2nd logo...maybe its just me lol
No you're not - I love that logo.

Closed Thread