UFAs / Roster Changes / Trades / Qualifying Offers 2011? Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2011, 11:06 AM
jeffl97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Assuming it's the same as last season looks like we have 3.5m left in space.
Where did you get that number? Here's my post in the other thread (all numbers pulled from cap geek)
Assuming Selanne gets the same deal as last year, and a lineup like this:

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
McMillan - Cogliano - Palmieri
Beleskey - Bonino - Parros
Gordon, Sexton

Visnovsky - Lydman
Fowler - Beauchemin
Sbisa - Foster
Brookbank

Hiller
Ellis

This is where we stand:
Total Salaries:
Total Bonuses:
Internal Cap:
Total Cap Hit:
Total NHL Cap:

Old
07-28-2011, 11:08 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
Where did you get that number? Here's my post in the other thread (all numbers pulled from cap geek)

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
Gordon, Sexton
I can't see Gordon, Sexton and Palmieri all making the team. Caryle and Murray will keep someone gritty, Jacques or maybe Bell.

Old
07-28-2011, 11:11 AM
jeffl97

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
I can't see Gordon, Sexton and Palmieri all making the team. Caryle and Murray will keep someone gritty, Jacques or maybe Bell.
It was purely for numbers sake in which it shows we don't have 3.5 million whether you substitute one of those players or not.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:08 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
Gordon, Sexton

Visnovsky - Lydman
Fowler - Beauchemin
Sbisa - Foster
Brookbank

Hiller
Ellis

This is where we stand:
Total Salaries:
Total Bonuses:
Internal Cap:
Total Cap Hit:
Total NHL Cap:
55,669,572 is what we spent last year no? So I'm assuming the budget is 56m. And we are at 52.3m ATM this season?

Old
07-28-2011, 12:25 PM
jeffl97

Quote:
55,669,572 is what we spent last year no? So I'm assuming the budget is 56m. And we are at 52.3m ATM this season?
I asked this in the other thread, but didn't get an answer. How do bonus clauses affect our internal cap hit? Because if they are included then we're already over.

I'm not sure where you are getting 52.3. My numbers are based off of 23 players with the only one unsigned (Selanne) I put as the same as last season. If you didn't include Selanne then that could be one reason why we are off.

If someone could clarify bonus clauses and how they factor into our internal cap hit that would be great.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:34 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

so basically when temmu resigns we be right up against internal cap limit right ? so we can not go after any FA until next year right ?

Old
07-28-2011, 12:37 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
I asked this in the other thread, but didn't get an answer. How do bonus clauses affect our internal cap hit? Because if they are included then we're already over.

I'm not sure where you are getting 52.3. My numbers are based off of 23 players with the only one unsigned (Selanne) I put as the same as last season. If you didn't include Selanne then that could be one reason why we are off.

If someone could clarify bonus clauses and how they factor into our internal cap hit that would be great.
I'm going off the 19 players Capgeek have so far in the big club. The 52.3m is the cap payroll including the bonuses for those 19 players so far.

Take out bonuses it's at 51.6m by the looks of it.

I'd assume our internal budget would factor in bonuses though as if everyone hits their's that would be what, another 2m or something? [assuming Teemu's bonus was around 1.25m again]

I could be doing it wrong though, I was just going by what our cap hit was last year and assuming we wouldn't go above that as we haven't been above that 56m cap hit ever.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM
jeffl97

Quote:
I'm going off the 19 players Capgeek have so far in the big club. The 52.3m is the cap payroll including the bonuses for those 19 players so far.

Take out bonuses it's at 51.6m by the looks of it.

I'd assume our internal budget would factor in bonuses though as if everyone hits their's that would be what, another 2m or something? [assuming Teemu's bonus was around 1.25m again]

I could be doing it wrong though, I was just going by what our cap hit was last year and assuming we wouldn't go above that as we haven't been above that 56m cap hit ever.
Okay, well they only have 19 players listed and they didn't include: Selanne, Bonino, Gordon, and Palmieri which I did include. Gordon/Sexton/JFJ etc are all interchangable contracts and don't change the hit too much, but assuming my conditions (the full roster and a signed Selanne) we don't have room to sign any other additions (a la Zherdev).

*Note for my purposes I didn't include the bonuses into the salaries so if all are hit the salaries would total to 57,088,834 which is why I was confused.

Last edited by jeffl97: 07-28-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old
07-28-2011, 12:55 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

guess we have to wait until next year before we can do some real FA hunting

Old
07-28-2011, 01:17 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
guess we have to wait until next year before we can do some real FA hunting
Like I have said before on other forums I really think this is the season that we won't be good and to be honest I kind of am happy about that. I know that sounds stupid but hear me out.
If we are out of the playoffs but lets say 10 points when it comes to the deadline we can move Saku, Blake, Beauchemin, Lubo (might get a HUGE return and clear salary room for a big signing).
We could trade Blake for a 3rd, Saku for a solid prospect or 2nd or 3rd rounder, Beauchemin for a 2nd and Lubo for a 1st and a prospect.
IF and I repeat IF we did make all those moves we would have cleared over $5 million in cap for next season and added 3-5 picks in the top 100 picks in the deepest draft since 2003.
Therefore, the Ducks get rid of players who won't be back next off season and pick prospects and picks in a deep draft.
This gives us room to bring up guys like Bonino, Etem, DSP etc.
See what they can do and get a better feel for who can make this team a year from now so we can figure out who we need to sign or trade for next off season.
Plus I do think that an NBA team is coming to Honda Center next year and I think that will motivate the Samuelis to make both teams a "desired" place to come. Hints the renovations being made to make Honda Center "pretty".
But that's all my personal opinion. Who knows what will really happen.

Old
07-28-2011, 01:38 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

here are the ducks UFA group for the 2012-2013 season
Blake 4 mill
temmu ? (im guessing a one year deal)
Saku 2.5 mill
Parros 875,000
Beauchemin 3.8 mill
Foster 1.8 mill
Brookbank 750,000
Ellis 1.5 mill
now i know not all will be moved and some will be resigned etc but there is some serious room to make cap space and moves

Old
07-28-2011, 01:52 PM
goosemooseduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
so basically when temmu resigns we be right up against internal cap limit right ? so we can not go after any FA until next year right ?
Internal cap is not written in stone.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:43 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
Like I have said before on other forums I really think this is the season that we won't be good and to be honest I kind of am happy about that. I know that sounds stupid but hear me out.
If we are out of the playoffs but lets say 10 points when it comes to the deadline we can move Saku, Blake, Beauchemin, Lubo (might get a HUGE return and clear salary room for a big signing).
We could trade Blake for a 3rd, Saku for a solid prospect or 2nd or 3rd rounder, Beauchemin for a 2nd and Lubo for a 1st and a prospect.
IF and I repeat IF we did make all those moves we would have cleared over $5 million in cap for next season and added 3-5 picks in the top 100 picks in the deepest draft since 2003.
Therefore, the Ducks get rid of players who won't be back next off season and pick prospects and picks in a deep draft.
See what they can do and get a better feel for who can make this team a year from now so we can figure out who we need to sign or trade for next off season.
Plus I do think that an NBA team is coming to Honda Center next year and I think that will motivate the Samuelis to make both teams a "desired" place to come. Hints the renovations being made to make Honda Center "pretty".
I'm not sure if Teemu would like it if we traded Koivu away even if it was clear that Ducks are not going to make it to playoffs (this is ofcourse if Selänne signs for one more). I know this team isn't about what Teemu wants but one of the big reasons for him to come back is that he gets to play with Saku and it would be a huge slap to the face to take it from him. We are still going to have a lot money for next offseason and I'm thinking that we could sign Saku for third line or fourth line role (for a lot less ofcourse).

Old
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
justheducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I'm not sure if Teemu would like it if we traded Koivu away even if it was clear that Ducks are not going to make it to playoffs (this is ofcourse if Selänne signs for one more). I know this team isn't about what Teemu wants but one of the big reasons for him to come back is that he gets to play with Saku and it would be a huge slap to the face to take it from him. We are still going to have a lot money for next offseason and I'm thinking that we could sign Saku for third line or fourth line role (for a lot less ofcourse).
I know this sounds bad but who cares? Teemu will retire after this season IF he plays for us this season. Not to mention after some of the mumbo jumbo he has pulled on us in the past I think he will understand when a business choice is made. I don't see Saku staying here past this season either. If I can get a 2011 2nd rounder for saku I am pulling the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat and I don't care what teemu or anyone else thinks about it if I am Bob Murray.
The 2012-2013 season will be the season of the youth movement and Teemu 99.9% won't be apart of that.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Mooseduck

Quote:
I like the idea of trading everyone with no movement clauses.
It gives our team a fantasy mystique across the league

Old
07-28-2011, 03:28 PM
FinnishFury

Quote:
I hate this mentality of people being happy about having a poor season. I'd rather watch a good Ducks game, than a good Ducks draft this season. The Ducks don't have a horrible team. Throw in a healthy Hiller comeback year, and some playoff magic it could actually turn into a really good season. Sure it's wishful thinking, but I'd rather see Selanne raise a cup in his last season as opposed to the Ducks collecting a couple extra prospects.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:59 PM
justheducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishFury View Post
I hate this mentality of people being happy about having a poor season. I'd rather watch a good Ducks game, than a good Ducks draft this season. The Ducks don't have a horrible team. Throw in a healthy Hiller comeback year, and some playoff magic it could actually turn into a really good season. Sure it's wishful thinking, but I'd rather see Selanne raise a cup in his last season as opposed to the Ducks collecting a couple extra prospects.
I hate to think that way but bargain bob has clearly showed us what they think of this team. Does literally nothing in free agency and trades for a 3rd liner and exchanges 6th-7th Dman. Nothing great about that and with having to wait and rely on Teemu means that we aren't going to have a stellar team. I am not saying we are going to be a bottom dweller but I am saying that having the option to trade players on the last year of a contract is a good fall back plan and this is the year to have that option as a good thing. I would love to see us be a cup contender this season but at the same time i am a realist and I realize that we had a team that overachieved last season and still got rocked by Nashville in the playoffs.

Old
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

god i hope selanne makes his mind up soon...

Old
07-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Koffein

Since it's rumored that NYI is working on another trade after aquiring Rolston and that Comeau could be the one on his way out I started thinking if we could be involved in the talks.
Islanders need to add salary and I think Blake would put them just over while also getting back a familiar face that hade a big season for them in his previous stint, while we would add a guy that either could take over Blakes role on the 2nd line or be a tremendous addition to the 3rd line Murray wants to build.
We would have to add of course, and I would guess that addition would be either Palmieri, Vatanen or Schultz (most likely one of the defensemen). Haven't done many proposals here, so the value might be off here, but would you guys do this one?

To ANA
Comeau

To NYI
Blake
Vatanen

Old
07-28-2011, 07:14 PM
alx83*

No thanks. I don't want to give up any of our defense prospects when taking into account Visnovsky and Lydman's ages. Vatanen is a guy that has already handled a lot of minutes well in a professional league. I'd like to see him play in a Ducks uniform in the future.

Old
07-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Paul4587

Plus the Isles are likely going to move Comeau for immediate help on the blueline.

Old
07-28-2011, 07:24 PM
justheducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffein View Post
Since it's rumored that NYI is working on another trade after aquiring Rolston and that Comeau could be the one on his way out I started thinking if we could be involved in the talks.
Islanders need to add salary and I think Blake would put them just over while also getting back a familiar face that hade a big season for them in his previous stint, while we would add a guy that either could take over Blakes role on the 2nd line or be a tremendous addition to the 3rd line Murray wants to build.
We would have to add of course, and I would guess that addition would be either Palmieri, Vatanen or Schultz (most likely one of the defensemen). Haven't done many proposals here, so the value might be off here, but would you guys do this one?

To ANA
Comeau

To NYI
Blake
Vatanen
Why giveup Vatanen when we clear salary and when we aren't going to replace him? No need to salary dump now that free agency is pretty much done.

Old
07-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Koffein

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
No thanks. I don't want to give up any of our defense prospects when taking into account Visnovsky and Lydman's ages. Vatanen is a guy that has already handled a lot of minutes well in a professional league. I'd like to see him play in a Ducks uniform in the future.
Vatanen is my favourite prospect of ours, it's not like I am trying to get rid of him but one has to realize that we only have 6 regular spots, and even is Vis and Lyd are both getting older, it will take a long long time before Sbisa is the oldest defenseman on our roster. We can only have so many offensive defenseman and one of Vatanen/Schultz will be traded sooner or later.

And yes, Islanders are likely trying to improve their defense, wich makes us unlikely partners in this case. I would be surprised if Murray hasn't inquired about him though so I was mostly curious what fans here would be willing to give up.

Old
07-28-2011, 09:35 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
I hate to think that way but bargain bob has clearly showed us what they think of this team. Does literally nothing in free agency and trades for a 3rd liner and exchanges 6th-7th Dman. Nothing great about that and with having to wait and rely on Teemu means that we aren't going to have a stellar team. I am not saying we are going to be a bottom dweller but I am saying that having the option to trade players on the last year of a contract is a good fall back plan and this is the year to have that option as a good thing. I would love to see us be a cup contender this season but at the same time i am a realist and I realize that we had a team that overachieved last season and still got rocked by Nashville in the playoffs.
We have a healthy team and we beat Nashville, we had our top defense pairing playing with 1 shoulder each.

Old
07-28-2011, 09:58 PM
alx83*

If I hear "bargain bob" one more time I'm going to lose it. Complain about our god damned owner, not our general manager who was nearly a finalist for the GM of the year award.

Closed Thread