HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No WTF moment this summer

Old
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Without a doubt Sather and co.'s best summer.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennglin13 View Post
It only took Sather 11 years to learn all this stuff. The rough part is IF we have problems half way through the season, who do we blame now?
Erik Christensen

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 04:06 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

This is the first time that it is legitimate to expect the Rangers to be a very good team heading into the season since the mid-90s.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
This is the first time that it is legitimate to expect the Rangers to be a very good team heading into the season since the mid-90s.
Agreed, though it seems to me that pre-lockout you always had one or two powerhouses and a whole bunch of dogs competing in the EC. Now it seems like teams 1-10 are all going to be very good and some like a fully healthy Penguins squad downright dangerous.

The Rangers are going to need to be more than just good to even make the POs. Fortunately the last two seasons have taught them this lesson well, so again they should be more mentally prepared to fight for every point.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 05:08 PM
eco's bones

The only thing we're not really sure about is a pwp qb defenseman--whether or not Del Zotto or maybe even Erixon can help that out. Richards might have a role as one point man. Staal's offense is improving but he's not really that slick with the puck on the pwp.

Apart from that the Rangers seem to be setting themselves up for bigger things. All the moves this summer enhanced the team in one way or another and the contracts were all in line with where they should have been--though we got Richards for cheap considering market value.

Richards was a coup. Erixon as well. The RFA's are all key players. Rupp is a good addition because Prust is not a real heavyweight and Rupp can play. Fedotenko also was a very good re-sign.

Would have liked Krieder signing but I guess you can't have everything. We have some really nice prospects. Rangers need to go deeper into the playoffs this time around and a better regular season standings wise is the best way to do it. Our team is young and there's more youth on the way and even if we don't have an elite young talent we've got a good young base and a bunch more that are going to join them in the next few years.

I haven't felt as positive about this team in a long time.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
slipknottin

Having no WTF moment is the WTF moment.

Nobody expected that.

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Vitto79

For the record at the start of the yr I said sign Richards, let all UFAs walk ,sign all RFAs

they signed Richards, signed all RFAs , added Rupp which I am cool with, brought back Feds and Eminger which at the cost also fine with.

love the offseason

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 09:37 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Grachev was my WTF moment but it is what it is. He wasn't part of the long term plans and didn't want to be here. I just wanted to get something more for him.

As someone else said "who are we gonna blame now if things don't go well?!"
This^, especially given he was the physical beast set to arrive this upcoming season.
Still, slowly but surely we are getting there.

Good post, OP

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote