HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tale of two coaches...

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Fists of Fuhry

vCash: 500
Tale of two coaches...

One coach saw a shakey goalie in net and proceeded to pull the goalie out in the nick of time to save his team. The other coach saw an equally shakey goalie in net but put his faith up in the heavens. Good gawd, anyone could see that Salo wasn't all that comfy in net after the 2nd goal. Why oh why does MacTavish always leave Salo in til its way too late and the damage has been done? I mean, is it THAT detrimental to preserving Salo's confidence to never give him the hook? Even when he looks like he's not gonna pull through? Its not like those 3 extra goals afterwards really helped to bolster his confidence any. I'm not at all saying that tonight's loss is entirely Salo's fault but I think that had we put conklin in after the Danton goal, this game might have had a different outcome.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:33 PM
jadeddog

this is pretty standard practice when it comes to macT and salo... for some reason salo gets a free ride.... i would understand it if salo had earned this faith, but for the past 1 or so he certainly hasnt, i just dont get it... if macT takes him out after the 2nd goal i think edmonton wins the game

Old
10-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
this is pretty standard practice when it comes to macT and salo... for some reason salo gets a free ride.... i would understand it if salo had earned this faith, but for the past 1 or so he certainly hasnt, i just dont get it... if macT takes him out after the 2nd goal i think edmonton wins the game

Agreed! Now, that leads me to wonder if it's Salo who requests to be left in net even when he's not feeling on? or is it all just MacT doing? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm....

Old
10-21-2003, 09:38 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists of Fuhry
Agreed! Now, that leads me to wonder if it's Salo who requests to be left in net even when he's not feeling on? or is it all just MacT doing? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm....
MacT=Grady Little??

Old
10-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
MacT=Grady Little??

perhaps... but Salo knows how to throw a game better than Pedro

Old
10-22-2003, 06:03 AM
Oiltalk

It's the same case every year. I doubt it has to do with Salo wanting to stay in. MacT always waits until the Oilers are down to call a timeout. It gets pretty frustrating, but still another 76 games left to play.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:19 AM
Seachd

Maybe he should have taken him out, but no one can convince me that with the way they were playing that Conklin would have done any better.

Closed Thread