HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More to come?

Old
07-28-2011, 08:34 PM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
Strome entry level deal?
exactly or Yash....... I cant finish the rest....

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Beastrt

I think that the rolston move makes me think they are gonna give up a top 9 foward prob comeau and maybe a pick for a top 4 d-man

Beastrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Sideshow Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garths Wang View Post
Islanders resign Jon Sim and Richard Park
Damn you, you beat me to the post.

Although I did like Park though.

Sideshow Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:36 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
For what it’s worth, we were also told that we’re going to like this one.

That quote from Botta is driving me nuts. Enough with the foreplay, I'm ready for insertion!
Like not LOVE???? not getting my hopes up....with these media guys its all about the language.....

Old
07-28-2011, 08:38 PM
GutchBoring13

Send a message via AIM to GutchBoring13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
Damn you, you beat me to the post.

Although I did like Park though.
He was my favorite Asian NHL player.

GutchBoring13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:40 PM
straka91*

Toronto, Buffalo, and Colorado are overloaded on D but I doubt Burke is going to rid of Komi/Phaneuf. Heard J-bo and Sarich in rumors earlier this year. From what I read it will most likely be a salary "dump" and someone over 25 years old. And with Streit most likely coming back im sure it would be for a more elite shut down-dman. (I know Streit is solid on the defensive side too).

Quincey (not really shutdown but makes the most sense) for Bailey/Comeau and middle round pick?

J-bo/Sarich for " "

Leopold (Also not really shutdown) for " "

Those are the only possibilities I can think of unless I go for longshot possibilites or complete fantasy.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:40 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
While I think it's possible the Preds might look at there roster and feel they can trade one of Suter or Weber, it won't come cheap(think Neiderietter or Okposo or maybe both)
If that was the case, I'd have no problem moving Neiderietter or Okposo.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Islanders1932

I really do not want to lose Comeau....he could potentially score 30 goals next year. He has progressed every year and is still my favorite Islanders player.

Islanders1932 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:43 PM
doublechili

Random components:

1. I've suspected for awhile now that if the Isles wanted to make a splash before the 8/1 vote they'd make the deal on Friday the 29th (tomorrow) so everyone gets pumped over the weekend. Now that this info comes out, and we hear "we'll like it", that makes me kinda think it's going to be a "name" player coming back - someone who'll excite the base and maybe even casual fans.

2. The Rolston deal means 2 things to me: they've now reached the cap floor, so there's no urgency to get a big salary back; and they now have enough depth in top 6 type players to deal 1 or more forwards.

This is where I'm confused: if they've reached the cap floor AND they're getting a big name back, how is that consistent? Are they going above the floor? Or do they trade salary away?

Streit, Comeau and Bailey+ prospect[s]/pick[s] for Doughty? That would be close enough to a salary wash, but why would LA do that?

Bailey and Comeau for Gagner and Gilbert? Interesting, but would that excite the fans for 8/1?

I probably have thought it's more likely than most here that they'd deal for Komisarek, but why would they trade for Rolston to reach the floor and then also trade for Komi? They don't "need" his salary now, and it wouldn't take a top 6 forward asset to get him. Unless it's Komi+?

I don't think Bogosian is as far-fetched as some think. I think Snow may have had a man crush on him back in '08. Winnipeg is pretty deep on D and pretty shallow on wing....

doublechili is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:46 PM
straka91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post

This is where I'm confused: if they've reached the cap floor AND they're getting a big name back, how is that consistent? Are they going above the floor? Or do they trade salary away?
With mostly positive news coming from the Islanders these past months, Im sure Mr.Wang has gave Snow a little more room to spend instead of the min being thier max.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:49 PM
RWWallpaper

My apologies to anyone who's already made this point because I did not read the entire thread but is it possible they had a big trade in the can for a few weeks and wanted to wait until the vote was a little closer to create some more buzz around it? Just a thought but I think folks would be more inclined to be on board if they saw the team being vastly improved only a week away from D-Day...

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Yashin for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
While I think it's possible the Preds might look at there roster and feel they can trade one of Suter or Weber, it won't come cheap(think Neiderietter or Okposo or maybe both)
For sure it will hurt one way or another. But for Suter it would be worth it. Why? 1. The guy is American. 2. He would fit on the Isles instantly 3. He would definitely get an A maybe a C on his jersey. 4. Brings credibility and respect to the Isles if he signs long term.

Last I checked the only thing we have going for us as far as a true top pairing is Streit and whoever plays well with him at camp. I know we all love McDonald as do I but he will not a be a top pairing if Suter ever arrived here. He might even go to the Preds, who knows.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:50 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
I don't think Bogosian is as far-fetched as some think. I think Snow may have had a man crush on him back in '08. Winnipeg is pretty deep on D and pretty shallow on wing....
Only problem is I don't think Bogosian is a big name that will rile up the fanebase

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:00 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

I'm guessing it'll be Bouwmeester, Suter or Green.

Bogosian's damaged goods and hasn't accomplished too much....I don't really see him as the kind of 'good press' to help drum up support. The naysayers won't have to look hard to point out his bad stats, and the Isles look inept/iffy again.

Last edited by CanseiDeSerBreakcore: 07-28-2011 at 09:07 PM.
CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Noreaster96

Anything from Katie Strang on the subject?

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:04 PM
NYI JT91

Not really

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:06 PM
nyscene

The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts.

nyscene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:15 PM
NineHoleGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
I really do not want to lose Comeau....he could potentially score 30 goals next year. He has progressed every year and is still my favorite Islanders player.
Finally someone said it! I think Comeau is a solid player who's only getting better. I'd much rather get rid of Bailey. Bailey may blossom someday but at least with Comeau we know exactly what we have right now, today.

Also, I do NOT want to see J-Bo come to Long Island. He's so over-rated. Isles fans would hate him by December.

NineHoleGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:16 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWWallpaper View Post
My apologies to anyone who's already made this point because I did not read the entire thread but is it possible they had a big trade in the can for a few weeks and wanted to wait until the vote was a little closer to create some more buzz around it? Just a thought but I think folks would be more inclined to be on board if they saw the team being vastly improved only a week away from D-Day...
The only problem with that is the only people who will be excited about an upgraded team are the fans....and the fans should already be voting yes no matter what....I dont think people who dont care about hockey will be swayed by an improving team....I mean look at the young star power we got......

Old
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
mczerkawski21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts.
I know...I just checked Botta's twitter and he said he posted something about getting the message from Jacobs and all I saw was the word "acquire" and I got excited

mczerkawski21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Acrostic View Post

Bogosian's damaged goods and hasn't accomplished too much....I don't really see him as the kind of 'good press' to help drum up support. The naysayers won't have to look hard to point out his bad stats, and the Isles look inept/iffy again.
That who I would take from the group....but hes a UFA next year....

Last edited by StrongIslanders90: 07-28-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old
07-28-2011, 09:18 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

I just came to the realization that Botta is using sarcasm
Probably Yashin

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:22 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Acrostic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
That who I would take from the group....but hes a UFA next year....
Total agreement. Streit, Suter, Hamonic, MacDonald, Eaton & Jurcina are a pretty "real" top-6....as for the UFA period, it would be a dice roll...

Maybe Niederreiter/1st rounder + (X) for Suter + (Y)? Reduce the "Smythness" of it a bit?

Last edited by CanseiDeSerBreakcore: 07-28-2011 at 09:30 PM.
CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
TennesseeJedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
The only problem with that is the only people who will be excited about an upgraded team are the fans....and the fans should already be voting yes no matter what....I dont think people who dont care about hockey will be swayed by an improving team....I mean look at the young star power we got......
and it is not like those residents who dont like hockey would even understand that a Weber, Suter or Doughty even constitutes an improving team.

I dont think this is going to be any kind of blockbuster but a nice, solid addition to the defense. If it was announced without the Botta created anticipation I bet most fans would be estatic with whoever we get, now the way message boards work, people are going to be threatening their Season Tix if we don't get one of the premier defensemen in the LEAGUE.

TennesseeJedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Fairenough

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale View Post
I just came to the realization that Botta is using sarcasm
Probably Yashin
Watchu talkin' about Willis?

Fairenough is offline   Reply With Quote