HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congratulations to max

Old
07-29-2011, 11:41 AM
XperHFB

vCash: 500
Plus he married a Russian, pretty little rich Russians are very high maintenance...

Source: personal experience

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
you two marrying each other?
I'm going to a wedding not getting married

On the marriage age thing... a friend of mine went to school and lived in Ottawa a few years.

He told me every 22-23 year old you'd meet was married already. Apparently young marriage is very common there. I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm this or if it was just an anomaly that my friend had met a lot of young married people

Sounds quite outrageous when you think about it. Even if you've been with the same girl since early high school imo you should wait until you're at least 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
If any of the players actually read this message board, wishing them congrats may make sense.
Wouldn't be surprised if Patches of all people did. He does have and use his twitter account. Plus young kids growing up now a days have the internet so it's going to become more and more common for professional athletes to use things like twitter.

I remember even Chris Higgins brother was an HF poster for a while in the habs section. Is it really that much of a stretch?

Last edited by Habsfan18: 07-29-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: merged posts
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'm going to a wedding not getting married

On the marriage age thing... a friend of mine went to school and lived in Ottawa a few years.

He told me every 22-23 year old you'd meet was married already. Apparently young marriage is very common there. I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm this or if it was just an anomaly that my friend had met a lot of young married people

Sounds quite outrageous when you think about it. Even if you've been with the same girl since early high school imo you should wait until you're at least 25.
In Ottawa ? Probably an anomaly.

He married Max Afinogenov's sister.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
1-the divorce rate is down, the chances of their separation aren't all that high.
2-some research suggests that married men are less productive at sports.
I run into people who constantly insist that marriages don't last. These people generally have failed marriages themselves or their parents got divorced. They want to believe that it happens to everyone so it makes them feel better.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Protest the Hero

Oh great, now our players are wasting their time getting married and going to weddings to get drunk and dance instead of training twice a day for our entertainment.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:37 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Oh great, now our players are wasting their time getting married and going to weddings to get drunk and dance instead of training twice a day for our entertainment.
PrentissHockey Ben Prentiss
par MaxPacioretty67
How many people show up for a 4pm workout the day after their wedding?? That's how @MaxPacioretty67 rolls!! #allbusiness

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I wonder if any of them dared wearing Washington Nationals' hats?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:45 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Pff, lars did it first.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Max et Guillaume

If he really had broken his neck, he wouldn't be able to handle all the lights and noise of a wedding.... I concur with Dr Recchi... EMBELLISHMENT!!!

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:17 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Long life and best of luck to the you and your wife Max!

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:41 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
PrentissHockey Ben Prentiss
par MaxPacioretty67
How many people show up for a 4pm workout the day after their wedding?? That's how @MaxPacioretty67 rolls!! #allbusiness

Jesus... That's one of the many reasons why I love Patches so much..

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I run into people who constantly insist that marriages don't last. These people generally have failed marriages themselves or their parents got divorced. They want to believe that it happens to everyone so it makes them feel better.
Actually, my parents have been married, happily for 42 years right now.

Some marriages last, but most of them don`t... and the ones that do, a good percentage of those are just barely holding on.

As for Max Pac, statistically speaking, between now and death, he has a greater chance of divorce than staying married ... being 22, rich and famous isn`t going to help his chances. The fact that he has good morals, and his parents are happily married, will improve his chances though.

Oh ya, congrats Max AGAIN... I actually posted a congrats earlier, however the post magically disappeared.... must be those server updates... I`ll send h10h a PM about that issue right now.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
habs_24x

Way to go Max, you snagged a beauty!

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
neofury*

I said the answer is no god damn you mod!!!

Seriously though I have to agree that it must be a really quiet summer day for us to be discussing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Actually, my parents have been married, happily for 42 years right now.

Some marriages last, but most of them don`t... and the ones that do, a good percentage of those are just barely holding on.

As for Max Pac, statistically speaking, between now and death, he has a greater chance of divorce than staying married ... being 22, rich and famous isn`t going to help his chances. The fact that he has good morals, and his parents are happily married, will improve his chances though.

Oh ya, congrats Max AGAIN... I actually posted a congrats earlier, however the post magically disappeared.... must be those server updates... I`ll send h10h a PM about that issue right now.
Can't be true, everyone knows stereotypes are always true

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I heard that Zdeno Chara was there
Yeah, he was waiting to clobber Max at the end of the ceremony but Max dodged him this time cause there was no stanchion anywhere to be found...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:05 PM
bsl

Quote:
Good one Habitats...!

I love Max the Hab. I am really really not comfortable looking at his personal life, at all. I just don't care also, as long he's happy and healthy and scoring goals.

Guess what? I don't want anyone looking at my personal life also.

In the Seventies we knew NOTHING about Habs off the Forum Ice, and you know what? We liked it that way. But then Montreal had class then.

We used to see Jacques Lemaire at our local Italian resto all the time, and nobody, I mean nobody, talked to him. Ever. Including children. Not one autograph in that resto in 3 years. We left him alone, he left us alone, and then we loved him at the Forum. That is the way.

Further: I find anyone over 8 years old asking for an autograph, anywhere, including the Bell, incredibly cringing. Creeeeeepy!

I don't really like this whole thread, I don't think we should be doing this.

I don't want to know about Max's personal life. I have zero interest, and I find it creepy that anybody does.

Very creepy. And I bet big time the players don't like this sort of attention, and I think it affects the way they live here, watched, all the time. Approached by adult strangers, in public, people who do not even know them. EWWWW. Gross. Sorry, but true. Think about that the next time you hang around the Bell garage and talk to players that you are not friends with, and have no business relationship with.

Would you talk to people you did not know on the street this way? It's creepy, and gross. End of.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:14 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Good one Habitats...!

I love Max the Hab. I am really really not comfortable looking at his personal life, at all. I just don't care also, as long he's happy and healthy and scoring goals.

Guess what? I don't want anyone looking at my personal life also.

In the Seventies we knew NOTHING about Habs off the Forum Ice, and you know what? We liked it that way. But then Montreal had class then.

We used to see Jacques Lemaire at our local Italian resto all the time, and nobody, I mean nobody, talked to him. Ever. Including children. Not one autograph in that resto in 3 years. We left him alone, he left us alone, and then we loved him at the Forum. That is the way.

Further: I find anyone over 8 years old asking for an autograph, anywhere, including the Bell, incredibly cringing. Creeeeeepy!

I don't really like this whole thread, I don't think we should be doing this.

I don't want to know about Max's personal life. I have zero interest, and I find it creepy that anybody does.

Very creepy. And I bet big time the players don't like this sort of attention, and I think it affects the way they live here, watched, all the time. Approached by adult strangers, in public, people who do not even know them. EWWWW. Gross. Sorry, but true. Think about that the next time you hang around the Bell garage and talk to players that you are not friends with, and have no business relationship with.

Would you talk to people you did not know on the street this way? It's creepy, and gross. End of.
That's the price to pay to become a public figure.

Old
07-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I don't see why anybody would get married anymore. The laws are against you.
If 50% of marriages end in divorce, the other 50% end in death

think about it :/ , its lose-lose!

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
If 50% of marriages end in divorce, the other 50% end in death

think about it :/ , its lose-lose!
divorce rates have actually dropped alot since the 90s

the real problem here is death though...recent stats show 100% of men that were nagged all their life by their wife had gone on to die..........

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:46 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
divorce rates have actually dropped alot since the 90s

the real problem here is death though...recent stats show 100% of men that were nagged all their life by their wife had gone on to die..........
I think marriage rates have as well, but w/e.

Off topic people, if it's not about max, take it to the lounge.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:47 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
That's the price to pay to become a public figure.
Wrong. You are so wrong. He is not a 'public figure'. He is famous. There is a difference, and you and many others in Montreal and elsewhere these days don't get it.

Max is not Steven Harper, who is a public figure, and must face questions from a public that pays taxes to his hopefully responsible government.

You have no right to bother Max in any way in public, any more than you have the right to bother me. He is a player on the PRIVATE Le Club de Hockey Canadien. Nothing gives any of us the right to approach Max in public and say "Hey Max buuddy!" EWWW. Sorry. It's gross if you're over 8 years old.

He plays for Le Club de Hockey Canadien, and that club existed before fans existed. It's a hockey club. And guess what, the players would still play without us, for 100 bucks a year. That's what they do, just as I design buildings, and you work for a bank, or whatever. Your life and my life is private, and Max's life should be too.

Respect boundaries. Everybody just simply forgot this around 1995 I think. Facebook I bet. Nasty little thing. Horrible and intrusive.

Max plays hockey, that's all, and he should not be bothered by creepy adults and media re his personal life, ever. He is not a public figure. he is famous. Learn the difference.

Mediocre fame seeking actors and singers love public intrusion, because they were not born to act or sing. They entered into this activity because they desire fame and attention. I think that these are the Nulles you meant in your post, as 'public' figures. They have no talent, and deserve intrusion because of it. They are liars.

Good actors and singers do not give a sh-it for attention, because acting and singing is what they do. And nor do NHL hockey players, because no one can be a fake in the NHL.

This is why I find discussion of players off the Ice creepy, and I stand by this opinion and feeling.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Protest the Hero

These guys are on Twitter themselves posting about their lives. If they wanted to be more private they could.

It was absolutely shameful when a photographer went into Koivu's hospital room and took a picture of him without permission though.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:29 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Let's sign his brother-in-law. We could use an enigmatic Russian right-winger. It's been a while.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:45 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Wrong. You are so wrong. He is not a 'public figure'. He is famous. There is a difference, and you and many others in Montreal and elsewhere these days don't get it.

Max is not Steven Harper, who is a public figure, and must face questions from a public that pays taxes to his hopefully responsible government.

You have no right to bother Max in any way in public, any more than you have the right to bother me. He is a player on the PRIVATE Le Club de Hockey Canadien. Nothing gives any of us the right to approach Max in public and say "Hey Max buuddy!" EWWW. Sorry. It's gross if you're over 8 years old.

He plays for Le Club de Hockey Canadien, and that club existed before fans existed. It's a hockey club. And guess what, the players would still play without us, for 100 bucks a year. That's what they do, just as I design buildings, and you work for a bank, or whatever. Your life and my life is private, and Max's life should be too.

Respect boundaries. Everybody just simply forgot this around 1995 I think. Facebook I bet. Nasty little thing. Horrible and intrusive.

Max plays hockey, that's all, and he should not be bothered by creepy adults and media re his personal life, ever. He is not a public figure. he is famous. Learn the difference.

Mediocre fame seeking actors and singers love public intrusion, because they were not born to act or sing. They entered into this activity because they desire fame and attention. I think that these are the Nulles you meant in your post, as 'public' figures. They have no talent, and deserve intrusion because of it. They are liars.

Good actors and singers do not give a sh-it for attention, because acting and singing is what they do. And nor do NHL hockey players, because no one can be a fake in the NHL.

This is why I find discussion of players off the Ice creepy, and I stand by this opinion and feeling.
Fine. That's the price to pay to be famous.

Old
07-30-2011, 01:10 AM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

I think she married Max for the money. How much do she make? Not alot I'm guessing. Max make alot of money and play alot of games in NHL. Yea I think it all about the money. You never know maybe she think Max is good looking and married him.

DieHeartRedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote