HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OFFICIAL "I can't wait for hockey to begin" thread

Old
07-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
68 more sleeps until the big night vs the Leafs

I cant wait
How many more until training camp starts. That's going to feel like the Stanley Cup final by then.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
My 'delete' finger is itching
Hopefully no infractions! Just all my "access" back at 4:30 this PM.. Man, the feeling I get while editing and voting in polls..

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Hopefully no infractions! Just all my "access" back at 4:30 this PM.. Man, the feeling I get while editing and voting in polls..

I'm going to use that one some time!

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:23 PM
knuck
On and off fan

I don't like summers that much. The only thing I like is to drive my car with my summer tires (and rims) instead of the POS winter tires that I have. The rest is annoying but at least i'm quite busy with uni so time flies by

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Toro

Can't wait for Hockey, wish there was a summer pro league to watch or something. I even only get 1 or 2 skates a week in the summer if i'm lucky.

THis team looks really good to start the season with lots of battles for roles and positions with tons of cap space to make adjustments as needed during the season and at deadline. Plus it also gives us options at seasons end with many youngsters up for new contracts.

I like our team with the Cole signing.

Bring it on.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Just last night I told my wife; "You know what I miss? Flipping channels and landing on RDS, and seeing in the info box, "Hockey". I think hockey needs to start soon."

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Tha's both funny and creepy.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

I miss hockey too. Here, winter's not that bad and summer not that hot. Bring on october!

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:58 AM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
I definitely can't wait to start following the habs full time. Been having a good summer but I'm ready for hockey. I'm a notorious lurker on the boards during the offseason so I don't really post much until the games start up. Also I've been watching far too much baseball and soccer for my own good lately.

BreakTheWallsDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 09:51 PM
habsjunkie2*

I've been pretty hard on management the last few years, especially after what I consider a horrendous trade that landed us Scott Gomez, but I must say this is the first year in a long time where I actually feel somewhat optimistic going into the season, we have a few question marks, but we certainly have a few huge pieces as well.

We have an up and coming superstar on D, a complete stud in net, a great supporting cast of young players with20-30 goal potential, an elite level PMD in Markov, if healthy. Eller, Desharnais, AK, Weber, Yemelin and on and on. The future hasn't looked better in a long time. I still think were a move or two away, but there is reason to be excited. This team is positioned to remain competitive for the foreseeable future and I couldn't more pleased in the direction this club is heading.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 01:36 AM
PATCHESx67

getting bored of playing NHL 11 i need the real thing

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 06:21 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

I miss hockey... I live in a hostel with like 40 euros and am the only North American (its something isn't it? there are 2 Finns (they know Saku Koivu and Selanne at least) and 3 Estonians but no one from NA!). None of them know about hockey and they put soccer on the TV all the time... I must have seen replays of that americas soccer finals 12 times.

Still I'm fine here, so I don't mind autumn not coming too fast

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 10:09 AM
LarsEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
getting bored of playing NHL 11 i need the real thing
You can never get tired of playing NHL 11!! :-)

LarsEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:22 AM
BayouHab

I know the summer is nice in Montreal/Quebec, but here it's pretty brutal. Regardless, I dunno how y'all live there from October-May.

On topic, I am extremely excited for the season. Think we have a pretty good squad on paper, but it really depends almost entirely on Pleks/Markov not getting hurt. We will see.

Also can't wait for college football in the fall and the NFL season.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Mats NAslund

The guy I'm most interested in watching is the said to be HARD HITTING Yemelin!
It's been years since Montreal had a defence man in that mold. I think the smaller NHL ice surface is a even better fit for him because of the style he likes to play.

Hockey news has him at 6.2 223 while Hockey DB lists him at 6.0 187

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...er-pn.cgi?4861

Mats NAslund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 02:53 PM
neofury*

Quote:

This caption just put you in contention for top 10 habs poster

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Maliki2

I can't wait to watch the Habs give the Bruins the fits that we are so used to. Watch Thomas flop around and get scored upon. If anyone thinks the Bruins will be happy playing us, they better watch again. We match up better against them than anyone in the league. I like our chances. We are the thorn in their side!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 08:53 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

I've been watching the Habs -Bruins series 4-5 times this summer on NHL Center Ice. There is no doubt in my mind that we were the better team and with a healthy lineup we would have beaten them in 5 or 6 games. One thing that I did notice though, Weber is a pretty smart little player, I have high hopes for him this season.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:06 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

I've enjoyed the summer because I love to swim laps and love water in general. And it's my business too. But I do look forward to September and the change of seasons. Swimming moves indoors which is a little bit of a drag but many of my favorite sports are either winding up (ice hockey and football) or winding down (Nascar and baseball).

I enjoy following the business of hockey throughout the summer but that's even slow now. I have full confidence this month (August) will go quickly though and the Habs will be back on the ice before we know it.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Montreal Canadiens hockey is the best damn thing on TV...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 04:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Well if you live in Edmonton you could always go watch Team Canada's camp in two days. All 3 of our guys are on Team Red. (Beaulieu, Bournival and Gallagher)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I've enjoyed the summer because I love to swim laps and love water in general. And it's my business too. But I do look forward to September and the change of seasons. Swimming moves indoors which is a little bit of a drag but many of my favorite sports are either winding up (ice hockey and football) or winding down (Nascar and baseball).

I enjoy following the business of hockey throughout the summer but that's even slow now. I have full confidence this month (August) will go quickly though and the Habs will be back on the ice before we know it.
How is swimming your business? and you know anywhere I can get a good water polo ball? Looking to get a small game of water polo going in my friends pool, was thinking of doing it old school and setup 2 kickboards and try and knock them down, but these guys have bead aim, were gonna need to instal a net around the pool to catch all the shots they miss :p

Last edited by CrAzYNiNe: 08-01-2011 at 07:27 PM.
CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
The Habs are the best Damn! team in the world & we are so lucky to have them. But.....

I can still live with 6 more weeks of summer, at least 5 to Labour Day. As long as that "Heat Dome" is gone. Hockey season will come soon enough.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 07:31 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

im pumped for this season going to my first two games @ the bell center this year

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The only way to reply to the Bruins Cup, is by going one this upcoming season. Nothing less. But it shouldn't be about the Bruins. It should just be about our desire to improve and to win. No matter what the Bruins does. We can't be what the Bruins were before and go for the moral victories. We're beyond that. But on our way to greatness, we can sure hope we'd kick their butt along the way....

On a personal note, 1st complete season without my father who used to be a usher and a Habs fan. Died in December of last year. Will be strange to not have those conversation with him about hockey.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote