HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Halo 4

Old
07-29-2011, 02:03 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Another problem I have with this series anymore is that you cannot join sessions in progress which results in frustrating games when two of the four players on the other team quit, its just painful sitting through the rest of the game, it feels like a waste of time.
Oh, like every first game you join in Black Ops is in progress, your team is getting crushed. There are also enemy dogs, chopper gunner and everything else coming at you. I prefer to start every game new. Quitting in COD is way worse than Halo because you will be now be allowed to play match making for a period of time if you quit too much in Reach.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Oh, like every first game you join in Black Ops is in progress, your team is getting crushed. There are also enemy dogs, chopper gunner and everything else coming at you. I prefer to start every game new. Quitting in COD is way worse than Halo because you will be now be allowed to play match making for a period of time if you quit too much in Reach.
What he meant to say is that in Reach you won't be allowed in matchmaking for a while if you quit too much.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Every game? most games I join in progress are under 1k score if its tdm and I guess, personally Im pretty good at the game often when I join and were getting crushed I like the challenge of bringing my team back to compete.

The only bad part of people quitting in cod is when the host quits which sucks but 9 times out of 10 takes less then 30 seconds and your back at it(and theres a good chance you could end up with host ).

Ive played all these games pretty extensively except reach, which I only really hit hard until blackops came out.

They had to institute the punishment in halo because like I already stated its a total waste of time when two or more opponents quit, they could fix it easy by letting players join in progress.

Again this is just my opinion but really would it effect the big picture in anything but a positive way?

I like to stay objective with these sorts of discussions I played the **** out of H2 and loved it I hope the next installment of this game competes better with the cod franchise the same way I hope bf3 gives them a run for there money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
I pretty much just play Team Deathmatch with my roommates so every time that's happened I've just put on a crazy streak and we come back to win, even when we're down by a lot. If only I could get my roommates to the same level.
Back when we played alot of H2 we used to play matches using nothing but melee and grenades on small maps just to **** with the other team and we didn't lose often. Its funny going to the post game report and seeing your team didn't fire any bullets and still won.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
They had to institute the punishment in halo because like I already stated its a total waste of time when two or more opponents quit, they could fix it easy by letting players join in progress.
Saying it is easy to fix, is a lot different to actually doing it...

Old
07-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Half of those have made several fundamental changes over their lifetime.

Halo has been the exact same from the start.
Wrong. It got progressively worse. Halo: CE was utter greatness. Halo 2 was excellent. Halo 3 was fun but didn't deliver on the hype. Halo: Reach was just awful.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Unholy
waifu

Still will be better than anything COD puts out.

Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 05:36 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Wrong. It got progressively worse. Halo: CE was utter greatness. Halo 2 was excellent. Halo 3 was fun but didn't deliver on the hype. Halo: Reach was just awful.
I agree that Halo 3 did not live up to the hype. Reach is a great game, anyone that thinks different didn't spend much time playing it.

Old
07-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
I agree that Halo 3 did not live up to the hype. Reach is a great game, anyone that thinks different didn't spend much time playing it.
Plus it has much more lastability because they have so many Forge World map variations in matchmaking these days.

Old
07-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

As a fan of the Halo series, and having poured many hours into each game, I would have to say that Halo 3 was the biggest disappointment. I don't get some of the hate that Reach got. I thought Bungie did a great job bouncing back with Halo Reach after the letdown that was Halo 3, although still a great game. Multiplayer and single player were both excellent in Reach. Halo Reach was the complete package imo. Favorite single player would have to be CE followed closely by Reach, where as my favorite multiplayer game no question in my mind was Halo 2.

Hanta Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
I agree that Halo 3 did not live up to the hype.
Having Cod4 come out in the same season certainly didn't help. By early spring it jumped over H3 for top spot on xbox live and never looked back. People were hungry for something new.

H3 had some really new/neat options not seen on console really before like replays and introduction of forge.

Old
07-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Having Cod4 come out in the same season certainly didn't help. By early spring it jumped over H3 for top spot on xbox live and never looked back. People were hungry for something new.

H3 had some really new/neat options not seen on console really before like replays and introduction of forge.
Which was soon copied by CoD...

Old
07-30-2011, 11:27 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

You also had Grant Theft Auto out shortly after. The three of them successful crashed Xbox Live that Christmas.

Reach is by far my favorite game on Xbox right now. I like the change of pace of Black Ops but it just doesn't require the skill, nor team work. The majority of my friends on Xbox live come via Halo. It just requires people to talk and work together. I can go for an hour in COD and not hear a word beside someone blasting music in to their mic.

Old
07-31-2011, 01:44 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
The multiplayer will be using the Reach online multiplayer. It's basically a Halo Reach map pack of the original Halo maps, although you can play it off the Anniversary disc obviously.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/06/ha...-are-for-halo/
Ugh, that's really disappointing. I was really hoping for some more four-hour-long epic CTF matches. We used to play LAN matches at lock-ins and at the end of the game even the worst players had over a hundred kills. I could've sworn Frankie mentioned it'd be possible to relive the classic multiplayer experience. I hope to god it's true.

Quote:
For a time on console Halo was hands down the best shooter. H2 kick started console live service and did a pretty good job at it.

When Cod4 hit it pretty much took over xbox live. Reach is still in the top 3 for xbox live activity last time I checked but it ranks behind both black ops and MW2.

I wouldnt be surprised if Reach stayed ahead of BF3 for activity on xbox live and if it doesnt I would attribute that cod fans just dont want to pay for the "extra" perks and are playing BF instead.

Anyway Ive played alot of halo and certainly one thing I dislike is the ADS/Zoom system, its also something that could be changed in H4.
Umm, no. Unreal Championship and Ghost Recon kick-started it. Halo 2 didn't show up for two years. The series suffered horribly due to the lack of a Live-enabled Halo 1.5. 2 would've been much better if Bungie had learned some lessons first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
oh, i admit i'm nothing special at Halo multiplayer ...but that's more because of me not liking the gameplay and therefore not sinking the time into it.

and being able to pick Sprint as your one 'special' ability in Reach was laughable ...but it was probably the only one worth a damn.
Evade's pretty awesome, too. It's actually my go-to. Sprint's only supposed to be for Spartans and evade's only supposed to be for Elites, but sometimes they're both available and I just stick with evade. Lots of fun.

For me, the series goes Halo 1 >>>>>>>>>>>> Halo Reach > Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 2. What an abortion Halo 2 was...

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 02:22 AM
Unholy
waifu

Halo 2 was the best multiplayer wise. Could not get enough of it. The maps were perfect.

I was pretty hyped on 3. Don't get me wrong I played the hell out of the game but I hated most of the maps and the stupid AR made a return..

Last edited by Unholy: 07-31-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 02:30 AM
Zodiac

my favorites for single player:

halo 3
halo 2
halo 1
halo reach
halo odst

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 02:55 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Which was soon copied by CoD...
Cod has had replay longer technically with the kill cam in Cod2.

Old
07-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
You also had Grant Theft Auto out shortly after. The three of them successful crashed Xbox Live that Christmas.
OT, but GTA 4 was released in Spring, late April 2008.

Old
07-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Cod has had replay longer technically with the kill cam in Cod2.
I believe we were talking about the ability so save games?

Old
07-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Ugh, that's really disappointing. I was really hoping for some more four-hour-long epic CTF matches. We used to play LAN matches at lock-ins and at the end of the game even the worst players had over a hundred kills. I could've sworn Frankie mentioned it'd be possible to relive the classic multiplayer experience. I hope to god it's true.
You do realize that Reach multiplayer is very customizable? You can edit the gravity effects, player speed and so forth to make the game experience different. Hence why they have Halo Classics and MLG playlists.

Old
07-31-2011, 11:24 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
You do realize that Reach multiplayer is very customizable? You can edit the gravity effects, player speed and so forth to make the game experience different. Hence why they have Halo Classics and MLG playlists.
Without hog jousting it's just not the same. It'll have the same BS that reeks of Halo 2 like lunge melees.

Old
07-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Without hog jousting it's just not the same. It'll have the same BS that reeks of Halo 2 like lunge melees.
Apart from when using plasma swords, that hasn't been around for ages.

Old
07-31-2011, 08:30 PM
RoadDoggFL

I don't believe you. Almost 100% positive there's still a lunge. And even if it was only with swords, that's still horrible. Halo 2 was an abortion and Bungie had tried to make up for it since.

Old
08-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Wasn't in Halo 3 from what I remember. Besides, on the plasma swords it's understandable since it's part of the "weapon" and even on that the lunge range seems to rather short on Reach (at least when I use it).

Old
08-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Old
08-17-2011, 01:23 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

ok i am so confused.. i sold halo reach a while ago.. so when i buy combat evolved can i play multiplayer without owning reach?

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote