Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2011, 08:44 PM
TITAN126
u got a big dome, eh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Marshmont View Post
Solder's a LT. If we bring back Light, it will be because we don't think Solder will be ready from game 1. Or because he comes at a bargain.
I know he's a LT. I don't really want a rookie with no off-season workouts guarding Brady's blindside.

Old
07-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN126 View Post
I know he's a LT. I don't really want a rookie with no off-season workouts guarding Brady's blindside.
Then Light will do that and Vollmer will stay on the right. Solder isn't going to play RT. But I'm not as worried about Solder starting at LT from game one as most people are though. Light did it. Kaczur did it (not from game 1, but most of his rookie year). Vollmer did it for a few games his rookie year. I know Solder didn't have an offseason, but he's still better than Nick Kaczur was as a rookie. Young offensive linemen typically do well. If we do bring back Light, I don't think it will take more than a few games for Solder to take over.

Old
07-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
I am surprised they cut Warren, as is all of CSN I bet. Either his hip is not healthy or more likely they were not happy that he took the year and had the surgery in the first place........They cut Stroud too, It sounds like you will be getting a D lineman. Don't think it will be the much rumored Matt Roth either because he is a very one dimensional pash rusher who makes mistakes. Then again, I am often wrong.
Warren's hip wasn't the issue. He had something wrong with his hamstring they didn't know about and he failed both the conditioning test and his physical. BB isn't playing around. Warren should have been prepared..

Crumpler will be back, just needs to restructure.

I am Boston Strong

Old
07-29-2011, 09:03 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
I am surprised they cut Warren, as is all of CSN I bet. Either his hip is not healthy or more likely they were not happy that he took the year and had the surgery in the first place........They cut Stroud too, It sounds like you will be getting a D lineman. Don't think it will be the much rumored Matt Roth either because he is a very one dimensional pash rusher who makes mistakes. Then again, I am often wrong.
It sounds like Warren just might not be able to stay healthy. The hip and his elective surgery is one thing, but apparently he walked into camp with a bad hammy, too. He failed their conditioning test, which is a big deal to Belichick.

I'm very surprised by it, I was really looking forward to seeing Wilfork, Haynesworth, and Warren lined up in sub packages. It's even more surprising because I think Brace, Pryor, and Deaderick are all on the PUP list right now, meaning that their depth is really just Moore and Love.

I hope this means they're in on Matt Roth. That would be an incredible D-line.

Old
07-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Chad Ochocinco

Took this during the pm session

Old
07-30-2011, 11:43 AM
stick9

Now that the Jets have lost out on Nnamdi. Time for the Pats to swoop in scoop up A. Cromartie.

Old
07-30-2011, 11:47 AM
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Now that the Jets have lost out on Nnamdi. Time for the Pats to swoop in scoop up A. Cromartie.
Could you imagine? hah!

Old
07-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Quote:
No thank you. Cromartie is the perfect example of a me first type player and I don't know if he'd fit in here. Plus, the Pats won't overpay for him and he wants as much money as he can get. Remember "At the end of the day, to me there is no such thing as no hometown discount. I'm not giving anybody no hometown discount". He doesn't care about winning football games.

Though in his defense, he does have 9 kids from 8 different women to support so I don't blame him.

Old
07-30-2011, 11:57 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmastergeneral View Post
No thank you. Cromartie is the perfect example of a me first type player and I don't know if he'd fit in here. Plus, the Pats won't overpay for him and he wants as much money as he can get. Remember "At the end of the day, to me there is no such thing as no hometown discount. I'm not giving anybody no hometown discount". He doesn't care about winning football games.

Though in his defense, he does have 9 kids from 8 different women to support so I don't blame him.
Well, it's not like Moss and Haynesworth are particularly "team" kind of guys. Some guy said it best on another site: Bill Belichick is the ********* Whisperer.

Old
07-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:

Cromartie and McCourty would be pretty good CB's though.

Old
07-30-2011, 12:04 PM
stick9

Quote:

Two reasons to sign him, (1) you add a really good corner, (2) you prevent him from resigning with the Jets.

Old
07-30-2011, 12:08 PM
vjcsmoke

Quote:
Two reasons to sign him, (1) you add a really good corner, (2) you prevent him from resigning with the Jets.
(3) You help him pay his child support bills.

No thanks. Low character guy looking for lotsa $$ is a no go in my book. He's not much of an upgrade over Bodden who we know works in our system and is signed long term for reasonable dollars.

Old
07-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
As a Dolphin fan, I would be very happy if you signed A. Cromartie....Overrated risk-taking corner with poor character.

Old
07-30-2011, 12:40 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
(3) You help him pay his child support bills.

No thanks. Low character guy looking for lotsa $$ is a no go in my book. He's not much of an upgrade over Bodden who we know works in our system and is signed long term for reasonable dollars.
Seriously....he's a huge upgrade over Boddin. Haynsworth is the model citizin, right. Cromartie might not be you prototypcial Patriot, but we've seen others like him come here and change.

Old
07-30-2011, 01:38 PM
stick9

Just saw a media interview with Ochocinco on NFL network. They asked how he got number 85. He said Mr Hernendez gave it to as a welcome gift. When asked how he'd thank Hernandez, Ochco says "I drive a Prius so I plan on letting him use it one the weekends and I have some leftover McDonald's coupons."

Funny stuff, I couldn't help but laugh.

Old
07-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Cromartie and McCourty would be pretty good CB's though.
Not as good as Bodden and McCourty. I want a 43 defensive end or two and Darren Sharper. Then we're all set.

Old
07-31-2011, 09:40 AM
drd73

plaxico burress to jets one-year deal via mike reiss twitter,maybe bill goes out and gets d-back as counter-move?

Old
07-31-2011, 11:11 AM
nedbraden10

plaxico burress has been out of football for almost 2 1/2 years. i don't think he will do much this year.patriots still have a big advantage over the jets when it comes to the wr/te position. patriots welker, branch,johnson,edelman,tate,gronkowski and hernandez.jets holmes,burress,cotchery and keller.who's would u rather have. i think the jets put all there eggs in one basket trying to get aswomusha kinda like how the Yankees did with cliff lee and we all now how that worked out.the jets have a good def but i think there offense is suspect.

Old
07-31-2011, 11:33 AM
drd73

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedbraden10 View Post
plaxico burress has been out of football for almost 2 1/2 years. i don't think he will do much this year.patriots still have a big advantage over the jets when it comes to the wr/te position. patriots welker, branch,johnson,edelman,tate,gronkowski and hernandez.jets holmes,burress,cotchery and keller.who's would u rather have. i think the jets put all there eggs in one basket trying to get aswomusha kinda like how the Yankees did with cliff lee and we all now how that worked out.the jets have a good def but i think there offense is suspect.
thing is that in the redzone all you'll have to do is lob it up and buress will pull it down,to me that is significant especially with they're running game they're play action pass will be deadly

Old
07-31-2011, 11:51 AM
BritishBruin

The Jets got Plaxico

Actually a downgrade from Braylon Edwards who probably won't get re-signed.

Old
07-31-2011, 11:53 AM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedbraden10 View Post
I didn't expect Vick to do much either, and look what happened.

Old
07-31-2011, 12:24 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseSeguin View Post
The Jets got Plaxico

Actually a downgrade from Braylon Edwards who probably won't get re-signed.
I disagree, Edwards isn't all that great, average speed and iffy hands. Plax has good speed and decent hands. He's a guy who can burn you, Edwards is not.

I'm not really all that scared only because I don't think Sanchez is all that great at getting the ball deep.

Old
07-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Plaxico hasn't played a real game in two years, and his QB is Mark Sanchez. There's no reason to be scared of the Jets' offense.

Closed Thread