HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sj-nyi

Old
07-29-2011, 07:03 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Yeah and what happened when he gave him that contract? They put him on the 2nd pairing to start the season. DW doesn't pay money out like that without the intention of giving that player the initial chance in a pivotal role.

The trade would help both teams if there was an ample replacement available for Vlasic. The assumption that Hannan would be that is false. He is NOT coming back to the Sharks. That bridge is burned. And if you don't have a replacement available for next season for Vlasic, your premise for the trade is simply not in line with the direction of this team.
handzeus can play 3rd line with bailey and comeau. mitchell can drop down to line 4. i just set them up as guidelines. we need 1 year of a shutdown defenceman. next year petrecki should be fine to be Burns' partner and petrecki fits burns' style much better. the physicality in that pairing makes that a very strong potential shutdown pairing

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 07:08 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
handzeus can play 3rd line with bailey and comeau. mitchell can drop down to line 4. i just set them up as guidelines. we need 1 year of a shutdown defenceman. next year petrecki should be fine to be Burns' partner and petrecki fits burns' style much better. the physicality in that pairing makes that a very strong potential shutdown pairing
If Petrecki makes the team next year he will be replacing Vandermeer on the 3rd pairing. Not playing top minutes with Burns.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
They will trade Torrey Mitchell before they ask him to play on the 4th line after he progressed this year. As for Petrecki, there is literally zero chance of him being ready to step into a top pairing shutdown role by 2012-13. Just because you're physical, doesn't mean you can defend well enough for the role.

The Sharks simply are not going to trade Vlasic when the point was to make their blue line a strength. Moving Vlasic for a couple of good depth forwards just turns the depth weakness from the forwards to the blue line.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 07:16 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Vlasic has become a whipping boy among a lot of Sharks fans. His value isn't down. People just see him as expendable when in reality, he isn't yet. He would be the easiest of the top five d-men to replace but his position on the team is vital whether fans see it or not.

There is no replacement for Vlasic right now. Him and Burns give the Sharks top shutdown potential and offensive production potential. Boyle and Murray can provide offense but cannot shut down top guys. Burns by himself w/o a quality defensive d-man cannot shut down top competition and be an offensive force.

The entire reason why people are souring on Vlasic is because he isn't physical and he has very little offensive talent. He doesn't do anything that fans like in a hockey player, especially a defenseman.
I agree wholeheartedly... I call it Rathje syndrome.

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:43 PM
StrongIslanders90

How about Just Valasic and a first............I dont know much about braun and we have pretty good D prospects....... so mayby we use SJ 1st and our 1st to move up and get one of next years D studs.............

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Islander Prophet

I don't know about this one, only guy I want from Sharks on this trade is Vlasic

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post
I don't know about this one, only guy I want from Sharks on this trade is Vlasic
I want Murray.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
I want Murray.
Murray + 2nd 2012 (the compensatory one we'll receive for not signing Patrick White? I/e, the 25th pick in the 2nd round) for Comeau?

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Murray + 2nd 2012 (the compensatory one we'll receive for not signing Patrick White? I/e, the 25th pick in the 2nd round) for Comeau?
That would work. I liked Vlasic initially but it seemed like the Isles had to add a bit more and Isles already have a player like him (and sounds like better) in MacDonald and similiar style player in Eaton. Islanders have Jurcina who is a physical player but not like Murray who has gigantic hits while Jurcina is extremely effective in rubbing players out along boards and winning battles in corners but won't put fear into opponents. Hamonic is a tough dman but we need him out of the box. Murray brings a unique physical element like Witt, Sutton and Sean Hill in the past.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Don't see the Isles giving up Bailey without getting an NHL forward back who is similarly aged and has similar offensive upside.

We're talking about a kid who should have a long string of 20-35-55 style seasons beginning as soon as next year.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:57 AM
Admiral*

No from the Sharks. DW just upgraded the defense as to where it is SC-calibre, and now Shark fans want to deplete it again...to fill a 3rd line role. Really? Hannan wouldn't easily replace Vlasic, his game has declined and Vlasic is probably the best possible partner for Burns. Trading Murray? For an inconsistent 3rd liner? Jesus. Please stop.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote