HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-Nyi

Old
07-26-2011, 11:01 PM
airforceones25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Is there anything the Ducks would want for Beauchemin?
Doesn't really help us to trade him..

Would need a capable defenseman and a 3rd liner however

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 11:35 PM
RespectYourEdlers

LOL Islanders would never even think about doing this

RespectYourEdlers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 12:01 AM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
But regardless, young 35 goal scorers dont grow on trees, gotta give to get,
grabner was free though

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Bill Omie*

Why on earth would the Islanders want to do this? Trade a possible future all star LW for spare parts. Makes no sense

Bill Omie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 01:30 AM
nbducksfan19

I have a feeling if we look at this trade in 4-5 years the value will seem much closer than most of you have made it sound. I will bookmark it just because I will be curious to see. I do like nino a lot, but I think palmieri will compete with him in their goal totals.

nbducksfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 02:14 AM
TheZec

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
grabner was free though
win!

TheZec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 09:50 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
grabner was free though
winner winner CHICKEN DINNER!!! hahaha nice one

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:18 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

I have to admit its a quantity for quality trade. Good quantity as Palmieri and McMillan project as 2nd liners, but Nino projects as a 1st liner.

Isles really have no reason to trade him unless there is an overpayment, and this isn't an overpayment.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:22 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Omie View Post
Why on earth would the Islanders want to do this? Trade a possible future all star LW for spare parts. Makes no sense
While I agree the Isles wouldn't do this trade. To say that McMillan and Palmieri are spare parts just shows that you have never seen them play.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
I wouldn't do it as the Islanders GM...however, spare parts? You should probably look a bit into the player's stats/abilities before making such a comment.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:20 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
I think the Isles keep NN for now. It's gonna be awfully tough to pry him away. The guy is a winner, supper motivated and a game changer.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:16 AM
jerseyislander22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
I wouldn't do it as the Islanders GM...however, spare parts? You should probably look a bit into the player's stats/abilities before making such a comment.
I hear what your saying, McMillan is a decent forward but a 3rd liner at best, palmeri is defiantly a decent prospect could be a good scoring winger and has done well in the AHL... Nino is projected to be a great talent most likely top line. So I mean to compare it it'd be like us offering you Kirill Petrov and Trent Hunter for Cam Fowler.

Could this trade down the road have been a good one sure, but i'd rather see the Isles roll the dice and see what Nino becomes rather then do this trade.

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:03 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschtze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
I hear what your saying, McMillan is a decent forward but a 3rd liner at best, palmeri is defiantly a decent prospect could be a good scoring winger and has done well in the AHL... Nino is projected to be a great talent most likely top line. So I mean to compare it it'd be like us offering you Kirill Petrov and Trent Hunter for Cam Fowler.

Could this trade down the road have been a good one sure, but i'd rather see the Isles roll the dice and see what Nino becomes rather then do this trade.
McMillan's ceiling is more then a 3rd liner, he has the potential to be a solid 2nd line player as he has good hands and a well rounded game, he'll at least be a very good 3rd liner thanks to his skill set. I wouldn't be surprised to see him being a nice 2nd liner in the future though.

Value is obviously not there in the trade mind you.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:44 AM
IslandersFan17

Yeah, maybe we can give the Ducks Strome and Nino for a bag of pucks while we are at it.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
Yeah, maybe we can give the Ducks Strome and Nino for a bag of pucks while we are at it.
Those bags of pucks have real value, you've obviously never seen them in action.

Hipster Doofus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post

As I said in my other post, I would not do the trade as the Islanders GM...I think Nino's upside is much too high to give up for what's being offered. (At this point in time) But you're really undervaluing the potential of Palmieri and McMillan. They're both projected as 2nd liners. McMillian had a decent 1st year showing on the Ducks' 3rd line, playing with terrible players and Palmieri had a really strong year 1st year in the AHL. Your Petrov/Hunter comparison isn't on par with those 2.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:59 PM
jerseyislander22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
As I said in my other post, I would not do the trade as the Islanders GM...I think Nino's upside is much too high to give up for what's being offered. (At this point in time) But you're really undervaluing the potential of Palmieri and McMillan. They're both projected as 2nd liners. McMillian had a decent 1st year showing on the Ducks' 3rd line, playing with terrible players and Palmieri had a really strong year 1st year in the AHL. Your Petrov/Hunter comparison isn't on par with those 2.
Well we can agree to disagree... Palmeri second liner sure he's got the potetional to be a good scoring winger. I just dont see it in McMillian, but you guys get to see him more so thats fine if you think that. All the best that those two end up being good second liners. At least we can both agree the isles wouldn't do this trade and that the value isn't there at this point in time. 3 years will know if this woulda been a good trade for the isles

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Bill Omie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
While I agree the Isles wouldn't do this trade. To say that McMillan and Palmieri are spare parts just shows that you have never seen them play.
Sure I have but Palmieri might be a 2nd line wing (at best) and could be nothing more than Jeff Tambellini Part II. McMillan is a spare part. Don't kid yourself. This guy is a first line talent and a top 5 pick. A player who continues to get better. This is a complete backwards trade for the Islanders and has no chance of happening.

Bill Omie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Sure I have but Palmieri might be a 2nd line wing (at best) and could be nothing more than Jeff Tambellini Part II. McMillan is a spare part. Don't kid yourself. This guy is a first line talent and a top 5 pick. A player who continues to get better. This is a complete backwards trade for the Islanders and has no chance of happening.
Not to say McMillan is on the level of Nino, because I know he's not...however, he posted just about as many points in his last year in the WHL (edit) as Nino did last season...so why would you say he's a spare part?

Old
07-29-2011, 02:05 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschtze!

Quote:
And Nino could turn out nothing but another first round bust, so what's your point?

And clearly you haven't seen McMillan play if you think he's just a spare part.

As I said the trade value isn't there, but a few people are undervaluing McMillan if they think he'll just be a third liner or a 'spare part' at best.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Selanne138

Classic HF Boards Logic: If you havent seen someone play and he isnt on your team he is a spare part.

The only player in this trade who has proven anything is McMillan. Nino has great potential, but people saying he is a "surefire" first liner, based on his honestly not overwhelming junior stats and whopping 2 NHL points needs to take a step back.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:48 AM
islandersfreak21

yea.... No

islandersfreak21 is offline   Reply With Quote