HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are there any core guys on the team who aren't signed longterm?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2011, 07:03 PM
  #1
YatQB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brooklyn boy, now NH
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Are there any core guys on the team who aren't signed longterm?

I think Sather and Torts have done a great job these last few years in establishing a core and wrapping them up.

I know we have some kid defensemen and Stepan who are still on their rookie contracts and will need to be tied up down the line, but other than that am I forgetting any key players we don't have locked up for several years?

YatQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 07:23 PM
  #2
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,070
vCash: 50
Depends what you mean when you say 'long-term'.

Some important contracts are due in the summer of '13 - McDonagh. Stepan. Sauer. Anisimov.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 07:27 PM
  #3
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Depends what you mean when you say 'long-term'.

Some important contracts are due in the summer of '13 - McDonagh. Stepan. Sauer. Anisimov.
All 2 years away - and all RFAs. I'm thrilled with where this team is in terms of salary cap allocation.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 07:28 PM
  #4
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,154
vCash: 500
Erik Christiensen

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 07:28 PM
  #5
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,070
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
All 2 years away - and all RFAs. I'm thrilled with where this team is in terms of salary cap allocation.
Same - I'm comfortable with the team's cap situation for the first time.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 07:38 PM
  #6
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
MDZ, Wolski, and MZA are all RFA's after this season. The cap will most likely rise as well, due to the NBA lockout. Revenue will be up, hence, a higher ceiling. I'm predicting a rise of at least $3.5 million, which will help us significantly. Feds, Avery and Eminger will all be off the cap as well.

Should be interesting, but I'm very satisfied in the turnaround of this organization. I remember staring at the cap not to long ago, feeling like we were in prison with Drury, Redden, Gomez, and Rozy all on the cap. Such a great feeling to see them gone.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
  #7
YatQB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brooklyn boy, now NH
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
Should be interesting, but I'm very satisfied in the turnaround of this organization. I remember staring at the cap not to long ago, feeling like we were in prison with Drury, Redden, Gomez, and Rozy all on the cap. Such a great feeling to see them gone.
Sather seems to have finally learned his lesson, and Torts kept repeating a message that Sather seems to have gotten: Develop your own core, and then add to it as needed. But don't ignore the kids. Indeed, give them as much playing time as they can handle effectively and watch them grow.

I'm really hoping that Kreider, Thomas and McIlrath will join the team next year and keep the youth movement going.

YatQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:20 PM
  #8
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YatQB View Post
Sather seems to have finally learned his lesson, and Torts kept repeating a message that Sather seems to have gotten: Develop your own core, and then add to it as needed. But don't ignore the kids. Indeed, give them as much playing time as they can handle effectively and watch them grow.

I'm really hoping that Kreider, Thomas and McIlrath will join the team next year and keep the youth movement going.
I wouldn't bank on that just yet. McIlrath is at least 2 more years away.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:41 PM
  #9
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,070
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
MDZ, Wolski, and MZA are all RFA's after this season. The cap will most likely rise as well, due to the NBA lockout. Revenue will be up, hence, a higher ceiling. I'm predicting a rise of at least $3.5 million, which will help us significantly.
The CBA is up on September 15, 2012 - if anything, the cap will drop in the new CBA, given the trouble teams have had hitting the cap floor under the current system.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:48 PM
  #10
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
The CBA is up on September 15, 2012 - if anything, the cap will drop in the new CBA, given the trouble teams have had hitting the cap floor under the current system.
That's another way to look at it. Hopefully teams like Florida and Phoenix, who are over-shadowed by basketball during the fall and winter, will get more publicity and increased revenue due to the lockout. We can only hope.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 11:56 PM
  #11
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
The CBA is up on September 15, 2012 - if anything, the cap will drop in the new CBA, given the trouble teams have had hitting the cap floor under the current system.
im not convinced itll drop, but maybe the floor might be lowered.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:29 AM
  #12
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
im not convinced itll drop, but maybe the floor might be lowered.
That's something I believe will be restuctured in the new CBA.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.