HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles' Football (NFL discussion)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2011, 04:34 PM
  #226
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
Philadelphia Eagles
Eagles Philadelphia Eagles
RB Noel Devine has been waived.
The ****?

JVR21 is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 04:39 PM
  #227
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
Philadelphia Eagles
Eagles Philadelphia Eagles
RB Noel Devine has been waived.

why?


Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 07-30-2011 at 04:46 PM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
  #228
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,334
vCash: 880
Add Barrett Ruud
Add Marion Barber
Trade Asante (+) --> Levi Brown

then I'll be on board for the Super Bowl express

This is all hopeful:
Starters in Bold...I have no idea who'll start at either Safety...
QB: Vick, VY, Kafka
RB: McCoy, Barber, Schmitt, Dion Lewis
WR: D. Jackson, J. Maclin, Avant, Cooper, C. Hall
TE: Celek, Ingram, Harbor
OT: Peters, Brown, Dunlop, Justice, Tupou
OG: Herremans, Watkins, McGlynn, Vandervelde
C: J. Jackson, A. Shipley

Sinorice Moss will fight it out with a bunch of younger WRs for the last couple spots

DE: Cole, Babin, Parker, Graham, Tapp, Abiamiri?
DT: Jenkins, Dixon, Patterson, Laws
ILB: Chaney, Lloyd
OLB: Matthews, Foiku, Ruud, Jordan, Rolle,
CB: Asomugha, DRC, Hansen, 2-4 spots up for grabs
S: Allen, Jarrett, Jackson, Coleman

I wouldn't mind adding a depth ILB to that group. That looks like a super bowl team on paper. Two things that could kill it are bad coaching and bad kicking...

sobrien is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
  #229
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
How awesome is it that Philly was the mystery team for both Lee and Asomugah?

And Young and Jenkins!!

We are the the most mystery team in the history of the NFL Free Agent period ? ^^

Ironmanrulez is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 04:41 PM
  #230
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
Philadelphia Eagles
Eagles Philadelphia Eagles
RB Noel Devine has been waived.


Someone handed Holmgren the keys to the Eagles' front office this year.

CS is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 04:44 PM
  #231
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post


Someone handed Holmgren the keys to the Eagles' front office this year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
Philadelphia Eagles
Eagles Philadelphia Eagles
RB Noel Devine has been waived.
seriously though, i really don't get it. not a real big deal but still

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 04:45 PM
  #232
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post


Someone handed Holmgren the keys to the Eagles' front office this year.
Not sure this is really a big deal? They already have 2 undersized, very quick RBs. Need a guy who can actually be useful at 3rd and 1, which has been the bane of the Eagles existence for the last 3 seasons.

ToTheNet is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 04:52 PM
  #233
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
Not sure this is really a big deal? They already have 2 undersized, very quick RBs. Need a guy who can actually be useful at 3rd and 1, which has been the bane of the Eagles existence for the last 3 seasons.
I'm not really freaking out. It's just bizarre.

Hell, 2011 has been bizarre for Philadelphia Sports in general.

CS is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 05:15 PM
  #234
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,334
vCash: 880
Just a teaser...

Whoever is on WIP right now just reported that there are rumors of another move in the works (from his sources), but it'd be unprofessional to mention them at this point. I believe it's Rob Ellis who's on.

A caller soon after asked if the fans would enjoy the move, he responded with "...Oh yeah"

No word whether or not it's a trade or FA acquisition.

sobrien is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 05:20 PM
  #235
Jaydepps
Registered User
 
Jaydepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Greenfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
So what do you guys think of the two seemingly forgotten signings. Johnnie Lee-Higgins and Donald Lee. I know they are small signings, but still.

Also any rumors about Vick and Jackson's new contracts?

Jaydepps is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 05:31 PM
  #236
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori
 
Mkoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Add Barrett Ruud
Add Marion Barber
Trade Asante (+) --> Levi Brown

then I'll be on board for the Super Bowl express

This is all hopeful:
Starters in Bold...I have no idea who'll start at either Safety...
QB: Vick, VY, Kafka
RB: McCoy, Barber, Schmitt, Dion Lewis
WR: D. Jackson, J. Maclin, Avant, Cooper, C. Hall
TE: Celek, Ingram, Harbor
OT: Peters, Brown, Dunlop, Justice, Tupou
OG: Herremans, Watkins, McGlynn, Vandervelde
C: J. Jackson, A. Shipley

Sinorice Moss will fight it out with a bunch of younger WRs for the last couple spots

DE: Cole, Babin, Parker, Graham, Tapp, Abiamiri?
DT: Jenkins, Dixon, Patterson, Laws
ILB: Chaney, Lloyd
OLB: Matthews, Foiku, Ruud, Jordan, Rolle,
CB: Asomugha, DRC, Hansen, 2-4 spots up for grabs
S: Allen, Jarrett, Jackson, Coleman

I wouldn't mind adding a depth ILB to that group. That looks like a super bowl team on paper. Two things that could kill it are bad coaching and bad kicking...
What about Donald Lee? Probably makes Ingram or Harbor expendable.

Mkoll is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 05:38 PM
  #237
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,334
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
What about Donald Lee? Probably makes Ingram or Harbor expendable.
He'll probably have a spot when Ingram blows another knee out.

sobrien is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 06:17 PM
  #238
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
TheRedzoneorg The Redzone
Source: Panthers interested in Eagles CB Asante Samuel *******.com/3bjqxvb #NFL #Panthers

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...te-samuel.html

BleedOrange is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 06:27 PM
  #239
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 500
^^^ I'd actually love Asante to Carolina[my football team], hoping it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is online now  
Old
07-30-2011, 06:38 PM
  #240
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
TheRedzoneorg The Redzone
Source: Panthers interested in Eagles CB Asante Samuel *******.com/3bjqxvb #NFL #Panthers

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...te-samuel.html
Dan Connor and a 2nd? Good Lord, if they pull that off, sign Burress, and lock up Vick, Jackson, and Watkins, I don't know what I would do.

mercury is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 06:53 PM
  #241
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,110
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Add Barrett Ruud
Add Marion Barber
Trade Asante (+) --> Levi Brown

then I'll be on board for the Super Bowl express

This is all hopeful:
Starters in Bold...I have no idea who'll start at either Safety...
QB: Vick, VY, Kafka
RB: McCoy, Barber, Schmitt, Dion Lewis
WR: D. Jackson, J. Maclin, Avant, Cooper, C. Hall
TE: Celek, Ingram, Harbor
OT: Peters, Brown, Dunlop, Justice, Tupou
OG: Herremans, Watkins, McGlynn, Vandervelde
C: J. Jackson, A. Shipley

Sinorice Moss will fight it out with a bunch of younger WRs for the last couple spots

DE: Cole, Babin, Parker, Graham, Tapp, Abiamiri?
DT: Jenkins, Dixon, Patterson, Laws
ILB: Chaney, Lloyd
OLB: Matthews, Foiku, Ruud, Jordan, Rolle,
CB: Asomugha, DRC, Hansen, 2-4 spots up for grabs
S: Allen, Jarrett, Jackson, Coleman

I wouldn't mind adding a depth ILB to that group. That looks like a super bowl team on paper. Two things that could kill it are bad coaching and bad kicking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
What about Donald Lee? Probably makes Ingram or Harbor expendable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
He'll probably have a spot when Ingram blows another knee out.
We released Ingram a long time ago.

BillyShoe1721 is online now  
Old
07-30-2011, 06:59 PM
  #242
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Dan Connor and a 2nd? Good Lord, if they pull that off, sign Burress, and lock up Vick, Jackson, and Watkins, I don't know what I would do.
Connor and a 2nd for Asante? No thanks IMO. [Carolina fan]. I think that's a bit much.

SnS is online now  
Old
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
  #243
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Connor and a 2nd for Asante? No thanks IMO. [Carolina fan]. I think that's a bit much.
You guys can you have Cleveland's 5th from the Bunkley deal, too.

mercury is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 07:12 PM
  #244
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,334
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
We released Ingram a long time ago.
I thought so too, but he's on the roster on the teams website, which was updated immediately after Jenkins was added.

sobrien is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 07:15 PM
  #245
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
You guys can you have Cleveland's 5th from the Bunkley deal, too.
Oh, the most spectacular late round pick! Forgot that in the first deal.

Still, no.

SnS is online now  
Old
07-30-2011, 07:49 PM
  #246
rixXx
Registered User
 
rixXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Eagles sign Jenkins too?! Hope there's enough money for Jax

rixXx is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 07:56 PM
  #247
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Supposedly we just signed Plaxico.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 08:18 PM
  #248
Crabovski*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
I think we should keep Assante, we'll have 3 great corners in a passing league. I think it'll work good.

Crabovski* is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 08:35 PM
  #249
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPRichardsCarter View Post
Supposedly we just signed Plaxico.
source?

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
07-30-2011, 08:52 PM
  #250
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox
 
Chicken Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. James's Gate
Country: Jersey
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
source?
I believe NFL network claimed he was visiting Eagles Training Camp this evening, but nothing I saw about a signing.

Chicken Chaser is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.