HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Ville Marie tunnel - Concrete structure collapses

Old
07-31-2011, 11:23 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
OT: Ville Marie tunnel - Concrete structure collapses

Actually, is anyone really that suprised???

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...168/story.html

Stones throw away from the Bell.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:24 AM
MasterD

Nope... cool/scary part is, I was there around 1-2am!

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
What's falling next? The Turcotte Interchange or the Champlain Bridge? The fallout of thumbing noses at the Feds for decades is starting to show, by a deteriorating & crumbling infrastructure. Montreal is a disaster zone!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:43 AM
1UP

My bet is on the Champlain Bridge to go next.

Sadly, unlike the insanely lucky break we got this time, if that bridge falls, people will die.

I hope a couple people get their thumbs out of their ass. Montréal is getting scary. Really scary.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:43 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Nope... cool/scary part is, I was there around 1-2am!
Same actually. I remember going home say 1:30 am or so.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
What's falling next? The Turcotte Interchange or the Champlain Bridge? The fallout of thumbing noses at the Feds for decades is starting to show, by a deteriorating & crumbling infrastructure. Montreal is a disaster zone!
What does thumbing noses at the Feds have anything to do with it? City roadway infrastructures is exclusive jurisdiction of provincial legislatures.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:55 AM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

I'd put my money on the Turcotte. Driving on it scares the **** out of me.

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:56 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
What does thumbing noses at the Feds have anything to do with it? City roadway infrastructures is exclusive jurisdiction of provincial legislatures.
The feds have their hands on the bridges if i'm not mistaken

Old
07-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
The feds have their hands on the bridges if i'm not mistaken
If you refer to bridges completely enclosed in a province, it's exclusive provincial jurisdiction.

Old
07-31-2011, 12:04 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
I'd put my money on the Turcotte. Driving on it scares the **** out of me.
Especially during traffic.

I think I'm going to move to Laval.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:08 PM
RBR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
If you refer to bridges completely enclosed in a province, it's exclusive provincial jurisdiction.
The Jacques-Cartier and Champlain Bridges are administered by the Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), a federal agency which is a fully owned subsidiary of the Federal Bridge Corporation Limited. The Federal Bridge Corporation is the federal crown corporation that is also responsible for the Mercier Bridge.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
The Jacques-Cartier and Champlain Bridges are administered by the Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), a federal agency which is a fully owned subsidiary of the Federal Bridge Corporation Limited. The Federal Bridge Corporation is the federal crown corporation that is also responsible for the Mercier Bridge.
If it's the case, the Feds used their declarative powers to claim the 2 bridges "for the general Advantage of Canada". I haven't followed what the Feds put on their list. Then it would become exclusive Federal jurisdiction.

So in that scenario, we would scream at Quebec for the Ville-Marie and the rest of the infrastructure and at Ottawa for the Mercier, Jacques-Cartier and Champlain...

Old
07-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Gary320

#BlameSubban

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:37 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
The infrastructure problems in Qc are getting ridiculous. Plus it doesn't help that Mtl pays at least 30% more than anywhere else for road contracts because of the infiltration of the mafia who collude to drive up the prices for these projects.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 12:49 PM
knuck
On and off fan

I got hit by a concrete block that fell from an overpass a few months ago so I'm pretty high on the "people that hate our sh*tty roads" list

Mercier Bridge
Champlain Bridge
Turcot "échangeur" (not sure how to call this)
St-Pierre "échangeur"

They're all in a PATHETIC state. They're also all going to fall sooner or later and people will be killed. I got extremely lucky once but I still risk my life daily by driving on these POS structures

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 01:14 PM
diago

hey guys

been reading for ages but never really post, but this is something i had to post on. i have moved out of montreal for about 5 years now and its really sad to see the city i loved and once lived in like this, i am in montreal atleast 3 or 4 times a year on business, and i cant tell u how bad it really is, once u live somewhere else and then go back its like a 3rd world country (driving conditions) and like another poster said there not gonna do something till someone dies. its so sad to see how much corruption there is(nothing ever gets done properly or on time cause its someones family memeber who is placing the pavement instead of someone who is trained to do so), esp when so many ppl use these tunnels or bridges everyday. anyways love the city, always will but thats one thing that has to be changed. take care go habs go

diago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Chuck the Bean

I have to cross the Champlain Bridge twice a day on weekdays and i gotta say i'm getting pretty scared... I work at the new Bell Campus (hate it or love it) just across the bridge and live on the south shore so the Champlain bridge is pretty much my only option... fingers are crossed that the Feds will start building a new one soon...

Chuck the Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 01:37 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i passed through twice around 9am this morning..yikes

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 01:37 PM
knuck
On and off fan

They'll wait until there is no bridge standing. Then they'll consider a fairy if we're not too naughty

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 01:54 PM
coolasprICE

knowing the province's history with infrastucture developments, it'll take about 15 years to replace the Champlain... lets not even talk about the Mercier or other bridges.

The (mafia) province is entire joke with the way they are managing road / bridge repairs. Wosrt part is they block off highways and exits at night, without any warnings, leaving thousands in bumper to bumper mayhem... and to put the cherry on top, there's not even 1 worker to be found... just endless miles of organge cones.

Road conditions and traffic in this city has never been worse, and it's only going to get worse shape... and on top of that, there'll only be more cars on the road too.

Old
07-31-2011, 02:23 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Maybe when thousands of people will die, the government will get their head out off their ass.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 02:36 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
knowing the province's history with infrastucture developments, it'll take about 15 years to replace the Champlain... lets not even talk about the Mercier or other bridges.

The (mafia) province is entire joke with the way they are managing road / bridge repairs. Wosrt part is they block off highways and exits at night, without any warnings, leaving thousands in bumper to bumper mayhem... and to put the cherry on top, there's not even 1 worker to be found... just endless miles of organge cones.

Road conditions and traffic in this city has never been worse, and it's only going to get worse shape... and on top of that, there'll only be more cars on the road too.
What's more, you see endless lineups of these cones going in every direction, a cone every 5 feet, sometimes even closer... no workers in sight for days/weeks... and we all know they cost us 1$/day PER CONE.... I mean @($#U%$#&?$#@* why the #(%U#%* are we renting these POS when we could have bought them and start saving the 4th year or so? Doesn't even begin to make sense.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 02:59 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

I'm just about fed up with construction in Quebec. Mafia aside, THERE'S NEVER ANYBODY WORKING AT THE SITES. NEVER.

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Anthony P

4 people died several years ago when an overpass collapsed on them.... nothing's changed... this city went to hell a long time ago...

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 07:12 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
What's more, you see endless lineups of these cones going in every direction, a cone every 5 feet, sometimes even closer... no workers in sight for days/weeks... and we all know they cost us 1$/day PER CONE.... I mean @($#U%$#&?$#@* why the #(%U#%* are we renting these POS when we could have bought them and start saving the 4th year or so? Doesn't even begin to make sense.
They rent the cones??? Wow with the number of cone out there must be one hell of a big bill.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote