HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2011, 11:32 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

vCash: 500
Just a charter.

Old
07-18-2011, 10:47 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Wonder what the D will shape up to look like?

Mitera Diaz
Nash St-Denis
Henry Stejskal

Still need some bodies on defense since we don't have any extras.
That looks interesting but Martin might want to keep Diaz in Montreal

Old
07-18-2011, 11:59 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:

Mitera Diaz
Nash St-Denis
Henry Stejskal

Think I'd be tempted to put Henry with Nash. Nash is week defensively and needs to improve. Henry is almost like a coach with the younger guys and I think would help Nash's confidence. Freddy had a great year last year but he gets caught on high risk passes and also people getting behind him. If Nash is going to step up this year he needs to improve defensively and start playing like a 210 pounder. He has a better chance with Henry.

Old
07-18-2011, 05:30 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbadub View Post
Anybody know why the Bulldogs bus is in Halifax? Do I have the chance to see some hockey? Come on guys, I'm going batty already.
It's spreading everywhere

RobertMayer29
Just seen the Hamilton Bulldogs bus driving by my house in Saint John NB. That is pretty weird...!!

Old
07-18-2011, 06:54 PM
dcal64

Quote:

Mitera Diaz
Nash St-Denis
Henry Stejskal

Not sure about Stejskal starting in Hamilton, Cunneyworth hardly used him last year, the Dogs might sign another vet like Petruic.

Old
07-23-2011, 12:33 PM
ruski17

Josh Unice

Former 3rd round pick of Chicago in 2007. Would you sign him to play in Wheeling? Former star OHL goalie that could wind up to develop into a decent goalie for Hamilton. Could wind up as a another Delmas for us.

Old
07-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I'm sorry, when was he a star OHL goalie? In his only good season? With a .908 S%?

Old
07-23-2011, 12:50 PM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I'm sorry, when was he a star OHL goalie? In his only good season? With a .908 S%?
He had 6 losses in one season. Maybe star is a bit much, but he was a good goalie.

Old
07-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
He had 6 losses in one season. Maybe star is a bit much, but he was a good goalie.
Yeah, then he became absolute garbage.

Old
07-23-2011, 01:02 PM
ruski17

Quote:
Yeah, then he became absolute garbage.
But he could develop differently nowwith the habs, we do hae a good repwith helping goalies.

Old
07-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
But he could develop differently nowwith the habs, we do hae a good repwith helping goalies.
He's not even playing pro. He hasn't been a decent goalie for years.

There's nothing the Habs can do with a steaming pile.

Old
07-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Unice had a name. He lost it as the years passed by. It never translated into a player. If we have to sign a goalie, I would convince Aaron Dell to sign.

Or convince Keith Kincaid to sign and send him in the ECHL. I wanted Brad Thiessen for quite a long time....look at what he did with the Pens farm team....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 07-23-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old
07-23-2011, 02:03 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Or convince Keith Kincaid to sign and send him in the ECHL.
He signed with the NJD.

Habs Prospects website
Old
07-23-2011, 08:56 PM
ruski17

Quote:
Unice had a name. He lost it as the years passed by. It never translated into a player. If we have to sign a goalie, I would convince Aaron Dell to sign.

Or convince Keith Kincaid to sign and send him in the ECHL. I wanted Brad Thiessen for quite a long time....look at what he did with the Pens farm team....
I know, but he has potential, he might never crack an NHL lineup, but it gives depth to Hamilton. He used to be good, and I think that with the right coaching, he could turn into a decent AHL goalie, maybe even fill out as a backup with injuries.

Old
07-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
He signed with the NJD.
Missed the memo....thanks. Good signing.

Old
07-30-2011, 09:00 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
It appears the goalie situation in Hamilton would be Nathan Lawson-Peter Delmas and Robert Mayer they are the goalies with contracts signed for next season.The defencemen under contract for next season are Mark Mitera,Rafael Diaz,Brendan Nash,Frederic St.Denis,Joe Stejskal and Alex Henry.Forwards joining this season are; Louis Leblanc(C-RW)Joonas Naatinen(C)Alain Berger(LW)Mike Blunden(RW-C) Brock Trotter(LW-C)Philippe Lefebvre(LW)and Brian Willsie(RW-LW).Forwards signed from last year are Hunter Bishop(LW)Andreas Engqvist(C)Aaron Palushaj(RW)Olivier Fortier(C) Alexander Avtsin(RW)Ian Schultz(RW)Ryan White(C)Gabriel Dumont(RW-C) Andrew Conboy(LW)and Dany Masse(LW-C).Seventeen forwards to choose from,six defencemen and three goalies signed so far with four contracts left to make fifty.With seven defencemen signed for the Habs it appears likely Gauthier will be looking to sign depth defencemen before the pre-season opens.

Old
07-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
He had the great fortune of being on a couple of powerhouse teams, but I think the bottom line is that he was awful. It's no shame to be beat out by Mason, but Engelage was dramatically better too. Unice just didn't have concentration, rebound control... the Rangers don't seem to be gunshy, though. I thought Maxwell looked pretty awful for them too. Gibson seems to be coming in with much more refined technique/physique, so let's hope that works out better than Unice and Maxwell.

Aside to that, Jack Campbell has looked pretty spotty for Windsor too, compared to his heroics for Team USA, so the whole US U-18 development seems a bit spotty to me. I vaguely recall guys like Joe Palmer and Brad Phillips being kinda washouts too. I don't follow the program at all, just see the WU-18 most years, but my vague impression is that it has been a rough ride for many goalies coming through there. Frazee was solid and is on the brink of perhaps making it, but I don't know who else has panned out even that well?

Old
07-31-2011, 02:12 AM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

Anyone know when the first game is for Bulldogs? I want to there website and it's not updated yet. Just want to know. If you know please tell me. Thanks.

Old
07-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Maxpac

I can't wait for the Bulldogs to sart playing, that team is going to be soooo fun to watch.

On a less good note, do some of you think that we missed out by signing a vet like Willsie instead of giving a 2-way contract to local Steve Bernier? He could of been a potential call-up player that still has pretty good skills.

Old
07-31-2011, 05:08 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I can't wait for the Bulldogs to sart playing, that team is going to be soooo fun to watch.

On a less good note, do some of you think that we missed out by signing a vet like Willsie instead of giving a 2-way contract to local Steve Bernier? He could of been a potential call-up player that still has pretty good skills.
I don't know if he signed or not, nor do I know if he was interested in going to Europe ,but would he have accepted a demotion with a 2 way deal to Montreal where he had little chance to become a top 6. His chances for bottom pairing winger would be great if he was more physical

Old
07-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It appears the goalie situation in Hamilton would be Nathan Lawson-Peter Delmas and Robert Mayer they are the goalies with contracts signed for next season.The defencemen under contract for next season are Mark Mitera,Rafael Diaz,Brendan Nash,Frederic St.Denis,Joe Stejskal and Alex Henry.Forwards joining this season are; Louis Leblanc(C-RW)Joonas Naatinen(C)Alain Berger(LW)Mike Blunden(RW-C) Brock Trotter(LW-C)Philippe Lefebvre(LW)and Brian Willsie(RW-LW).Forwards signed from last year are Hunter Bishop(LW)Andreas Engqvist(C)Aaron Palushaj(RW)Olivier Fortier(C) Alexander Avtsin(RW)Ian Schultz(RW)Ryan White(C)Gabriel Dumont(RW-C) Andrew Conboy(LW)and Dany Masse(LW-C).Seventeen forwards to choose from,six defencemen and three goalies signed so far with four contracts left to make fifty.With seven defencemen signed for the Habs it appears likely Gauthier will be looking to sign depth defencemen before the pre-season opens.
For me, CLEARLY, Wheeling material are Lefebvre, Bishop and Massé. I would also have sent Schulz and Fortier in the ECHL last year....would be tempted to do it this year yet, it's for both guys' interest to play in the AHL this year as far as their development is concerned. Actually, Fortier was not that bad, had some ups moments.

And White is NHL material. I would have the tendancy to think that Berger will already be AHL material even if it starts slowly. And for Avtsin's development, not only he HAS to be AHL material...but he has to be a starter in every game. Let's hope Jodoin believes that.

So from those 17 forwards, remove 3 in Wheeling. Remove 1 in White in Montreal. Means 14. Remove maybe Engqvist who might have the outside chance of starting the year IF Eller isn't ready. If Eller is ready well that means 14 players with 2 not playing. But you have plenty of rookies who might not play all the games, though I would prefer, also for their development, to at least see Leblanc, take a regular turn. Or we might see a trade, a forward for a D. Tons of possible combination. And this is without thinking that the Dogs and/or the Habs play with an healthy lineup....we know so much THAT won't happen....The Wheeling guys know they'll see Hamilton real soon and real often...

Old
08-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

No because you can't compare the market of early july with the one in late july.

It's only speculation, but a guy like Bernier was probably hoping for a one-way deal in the first two weeks of July. Also, Montreal couldn't wait too long if they wanted to add a quality veteran to Hamilton's lineup.

However, Montreal still has room for a spare forward so I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernier being invited to Montreal's training camp.

Quote:
So from those 17 forwards, remove 3 in Wheeling. Remove 1 in White in Montreal. Means 14. Remove maybe Engqvist who might have the outside chance of starting the year IF Eller isn't ready. If Eller is ready well that means 14 players with 2 not playing. But you have plenty of rookies who might not play all the games, though I would prefer, also for their development, to at least see Leblanc, take a regular turn. Or we might see a trade, a forward for a D. Tons of possible combination. And this is without thinking that the Dogs and/or the Habs play with an healthy lineup....we know so much THAT won't happen....The Wheeling guys know they'll see Hamilton real soon and real often...
Hamilton's depth is thin in pretty much all areas. I hope that the Habs will invite a few interesting players at their next rookie camp and offer them AHL contracts.

Old
08-01-2011, 01:55 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
For me, CLEARLY, Wheeling material are Lefebvre, Bishop and Massé. I would also have sent Schulz and Fortier in the ECHL last year....would be tempted to do it this year yet, it's for both guys' interest to play in the AHL this year as far as their development is concerned. Actually, Fortier was not that bad, had some ups moments.

And White is NHL material. I would have the tendancy to think that Berger will already be AHL material even if it starts slowly. And for Avtsin's development, not only he HAS to be AHL material...but he has to be a starter in every game. Let's hope Jodoin believes that.

Sorry I didn't realize that Ryan White has been signed to a one way contract meaning he's with the Habs all season.

Old
08-05-2011, 03:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/N...id=LLObeeCKfBE

Quote:
The Wheeling Nailers are proud to announce that they have extended their affiliation agreement with the Montreal Canadiens (NHL) and Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) for the 2011-12 season.

This will be Wheeling's second consecutive season as the ECHL affiliate for Montreal. The Nailers will also continue as the affiliate for the Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (AHL) for a 12th season.

"Working together with the Canadiens has been a pleasure," said Nailers President Jim Brooks. "They have a great eye for talent and we look forward to helping their young stars progress and succeed."

Some of the young Canadiens talent who had an opportunity to thrive with the Nailers in 2010-11 included goalie Peter Delmas (15-6-2, 2.03, .928) who helped lead the team to the Eastern Conference Finals along with skaters David Urquhart, Dany Masse and Hunter Bishop.

"We are grateful to the Nailers for providing our prospects with a strong and competitive environment," said Canadiens' General Manager Pierre Gauthier.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Stuart McDonald

Watch for Avtsin this year. He was WAY overmatched last year. I expect a big jump.

Closed Thread