Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Hecht

vCash: 500
Gaborik Update - Positive news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Walters
Minnesota Wild holdout Marian Gaborik is expected to sign within days. Based on the Wild's offer that included a $2.8 million salary this season, Gaborik already has lost $233,333 in salary, making his first-year deal now worth $2.567 million. That's if he signs today.
Pioneer Press

Old
10-21-2003, 10:43 AM
DW

You had me until I read who wrote this blurb, pure gossip by this dude all the time. Has he ever been close to being right. I can't recall off the top of my head if he has, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe since I blowing CW off, he might just be right. Wouldn't that be grand? Not likely though.

Old
10-21-2003, 11:25 AM
ceber

Yeah, "Shooter" isn't my favorite trusted source, but he's not alone in this prediction, so maybe there's something to it.

"expected" -- I like to play mad-libs with his stuff... "expected by ____" : my dog, a little bird, people who are really hopeful he signs soon.

Old
10-22-2003, 04:07 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Sounds like Nate and Shooter have been listening to the same little birdee whislting in their ears. It's easy to sound prophetic if your timing is right - it seems reasonable to expect both Gaborik and Dupuis to be signed and playing soon.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:51 AM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman
Sounds like Nate and Shooter have been listening to the same little birdee whislting in their ears. It's easy to sound prophetic if your timing is right - it seems reasonable to expect both Gaborik and Dupuis to be signed and playing soon.
Exactly. It only made/makes sense to assume that after Risebrough won back public opinion on the Gaborik issue by going public with his (Kariya-like) offer that things would come to a close in a matter of 2-3 weeks if Maid Marian is a reasonable fellow.

And if that failed, then it makes the most sense to believe both sides would not agree until after the season is over.

Predicting Gaborik would sign "shortly" subsequent to Risebrough's public divulgence was and continues to clearly be the safest bet.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:27 AM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2684
I only say what I know and what comes from my cousins mouth. Hockey Futures wants me to give the email address for a NHL GM and I just wont do it. If there is another way to proove that he is my cousin and that the information Im getting is correct I would.
Speaking for myself, it's nothing personal.

Yet if you have no proof or extensive track record, I don't see how you or anyone else can expect anyone to believe claims of insider info. That's all I would say on the matter.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:44 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2684
I only say what I know and what comes from my cousins mouth. Hockey Futures wants me to give the email address for a NHL GM and I just wont do it. If there is another way to proove that he is my cousin and that the information Im getting is correct I would.
You were warned you would be banned if you continued making statements you couldn't corroborate.

You've violated that warning twice since you were warned. As a result you are banned permanantly from this site until you either (a) comply with the request or (b) pledge to make no further of mention of inside contacts you can't verify. If you wish to use this site again, you will have to email me at webmaster@hockeysfuture.com

Closed Thread