HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predict Poile's Post Arbitration Comments (if it happens)

Old
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 500
Predict Poile's Post Arbitration Comments (if it happens)

For yucks, see if you can predict the Poile spin:

Here's my stab, on a one year deal:

"The good news is both sides now knew where each other stand. We are committed to Shea, that has always been the case, and he wants to be here. We shouldn't look at the fact that it's a one year deal as a sign he's unhappy or wants to leave. In fact, just the opposite, because he is choosing restricted free agency as opposed to unrestricted in two. We're not done with the offseason, and are committed to proving to Shea and the Nashville fans that we're going to be aggressive in improving this team."

On a two year deal:

"The good news is that we've got one of the best players in our game locked up and a fair price for two whole years. The fact that Shea wanted a two year deal proves he wants to be here long term. He could have just signed a 1 year deal and then hoped for a trade or offer sheet. We won't have to be concerned with this next season when we'll need to re-sign Suter and Rinne, which is also good. Plus, both sides now know where we stand, and we have two whole years to work on a long term extension."

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 08:24 PM
deanwormer

Man, that's just depressing, cause you know it's soooo right on.........

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

This is toooo nerve racking.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Firestorm

Guys, it's only hockey. Life is more important than it (although it is hard to remember that sometimes).

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:39 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

If the comment on twitter is to be believed the arbiter can't give a two year deal. It'll have to be one year.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Guys, it's only hockey. Life is more important than it (although it is hard to remember that sometimes).
I do not comprehend your words.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I do not comprehend your words.
I have what's called "perspective", something lacking in these here parts.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:47 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
You mean there's a difference?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:48 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If the comment on twitter is to be believed the arbiter can't give a two year deal. It'll have to be one year.
1) take everything on the net with a grain of salt.

2) it ain't over till it's over. after tomorrow it still ain't over, no-matter-what.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:49 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

guys he's kidding....

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Look on the bright side. We could be Isles fans watching our team possibly get moved right now. I'll take pre-arbitration jitters over that any day.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Adz

Quote:
I have what's called "perspective", something lacking in these here parts.
Here's our perspective: about to turn the corner...again...and something happens that pushes us a step back.

I'm sick of it. It happens EVERY year. It's always unexpected and completely out of the blue. SC potential winning team in 2006? Thrombophlebitis of the pelvis. 2007? didn't win but got some momentum...hey let's sell em to Canada and decimate the team in the process. Oh, they're working hard to keep the team here? And they've made the playoffs on a makeshift team a year later? Hmmm, well, how about we put you up against Detroit in the playoffs. Oh, you're playing well...hmmm, well, how about we have a fluke play that takes away all of your goalie's confidence. That'll fix ya. You're back? You want more? How about you stomp out some of those boogabears that have been dogging you for years, let you feel kind of confident again and then...what to do? Hmmm, let's let your star player and your GM talk like re-signing is a done deal for a year and a half and then still be "talking" less than 12 hours from the arbitration deadline.

That is perspective.

Yes, I'm whining. I'm tired and I'm cranky and nothing is happening. STOMP.

Last edited by Adz: 08-01-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 10:43 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Here's our perspective: about to turn the corner...again...and something happens that pushes us a step back.

I'm sick of it. It happens EVERY year. It's always unexpected and completely out of the blue. SC potential winning team in 2006? Thrombophlebitis of the pelvis. 2007? didn't win but got some momentum...hey let's sell em to Canada and decimate the team in the process. Oh, they're working hard to keep the team here? And they've made the playoffs on a makeshift team a year later? Hmmm, well, how about we put you up against Detroit in the playoffs. Oh, you're playing well...hmmm, well, how about we have a fluke play that takes away all of your goalie's confidence. That'll fix ya. You're back? You want more? How about you stomp out some of those boogabears that have been dogging you for years, let you feel kind of confident again and then...what to do? Hmmm, let's let your star player and your GM talk like re-signing is a done deal for a year and a half and then still be "talking" less than 12 hours from the arbitration deadline.

That is perspective.

Yes, I'm whining. I'm tired and I'm cranky and nothing is happening. STOMP.
End this thread....Adz just made the PERFECT post (cue up The Boss with "One Step Up and Two Steps Back").

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:24 AM
handtrick

Maybe it will go like this:

My propensity to hoard assets has finally caught up with me. I have failed to secure a deal with the most important player to the Nashville franchise that has ever put on a Predator jersey. A homegrown player that epitomizes everything there is to be about being a Predator. He does not believe that I can put together a true Stanley Cup contending team and therefore has decided to go through the arbitration process which undoubtedly means that his time playing under this contract will be filled with worry and despair about the commitment of this organization to field a true winner. It will also mean that Suter and Rinne contracts will become more difficult to secure for the long term.
In essence, I take full responsibilty for the failure of being able to sign our elite Norris Trophy candidate defenseman to a long term contract and start the timeclock to the end of the Shea Weber era in Nashville.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Maybe it will go like this:

My propensity to hoard assets has finally caught up with me. I have failed to secure a deal with the most important player to the Nashville franchise that has ever put on a Predator jersey. A homegrown player that epitomizes everything there is to be about being a Predator. He does not believe that I can put together a true Stanley Cup contending team and therefore has decided to go through the arbitration process which undoubtedly means that his time playing under this contract will be filled with worry and despair about the commitment of this organization to field a true winner. It will also mean that Suter and Rinne contracts will become more difficult to secure for the long term.
In essence, I take full responsibilty for the failure of being able to sign our elite Norris Trophy candidate defenseman to a long term contract and start the timeclock to the end of the Shea Weber era in Nashville.
I wish he'd come out and say this because it is true

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:12 AM
token grinder

if poile offered 4.5 million he should get ****canned now

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll