HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade and 2012 UFA possibilities to add another scorer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2011, 11:01 AM
  #126
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Chalfdiggitty,

Parise will not get $6.5. He will get $90 over 12 years, taking him to 40 years of age, woth the last three years being $1 each.

That's a cap hit of $7.5.

How did I calculate this? Brad is 3 years younger and Parise is a better player. Brad got $57 over 6 years plus another three years for the cap. That's $9.5 annually plus those 3 years.

You have to figure Parise gets a contract to the age of 40 like all superstar do.

At 9 years times $9.5, we are talking about $85.5. Add another three years at $1, and it's now $88.5.

I added an extra $1.5 over all these years because I expect more teams to bid on Parise than Brad. Star left wings are very rare, more than centers or right wings.

At a minimum, he will get $84, which would be $7 a year, not $6.5. But I fully expect something closer to $90 than $84. Maybe $88-$89.
I know he is not a 6.5per year player. He will make alot more than that in real money. But what im saying is his aav for his caphit could be a multiple of different amounts based upon what hes willing to accept to go to a contender. Just like Richards, is he willing to leave $2-3m per year in order to win a cup or is he all about the money? I think Parise is about winning and going to a winning franchise and thats what we have built here, with the ability to compete for the cup soon WITHOUT his help.

Regardless, we can afford to pay him $7m AAV and have everyone signed.. Then the next year we can see who Richards has more chemistry with and how Gaborik has been playing.. Then we can trade Gabby for young peices or just let his contract run out and gain 7.5m back in salary to pay players like Stepan and Mcdonagh and all them.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
  #127
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBlueshirts View Post
I'm more worried about the following summer when McDonagh, Sauer, Stepan, and AA all need to be re-signed. As of right now, there is no big contract that expires that would allow for raises IF we spend to the cap next offseason.

Replacing the level of production we get from those 4 players on their current deals is impossible.
What type of deals do you think they are going to get? I believe they will stay on pace for what players like Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal and Girardi made.. No1 is going to get a huge pay raises. Steady increases over time, plus Sather is masterful about how he has been signing our homegrown talent.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 11:08 AM
  #128
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I'd also go for Weber. Parise is amazing to say the least, but there are cheaper options out there for first line LW that, while may not be as dynamic as parise, would still be effective. A Nathan Horton type for example. Besides the fact that I don't think Zach would sign here anyway.
I agree, a Staal - Weber dou would be Nasty! Plus not to say the trade would make anyone expendable but Girardi could be offered with a couple of other players/picks/prospects to get a top lw

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:26 PM
  #129
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,952
vCash: 500
People think LA went hard after Richards? Wait until Parise hits the open market....

Parise-Kopitar-Brown

Same goes for Toronto.....

Kessel-_______-Parise

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:33 PM
  #130
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
People think LA went hard after Richards? Wait until Parise hits the open market....

Parise-Kopitar-Brown

Same goes for Toronto.....

Kessel-_______-Parise
I firmly believe that parise and the kings over the next year will be as synonomous as Richards and the Rangers were this past year.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:42 PM
  #131
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
People think LA went hard after Richards? Wait until Parise hits the open market....

Parise-Kopitar-Brown

Same goes for Toronto.....

Kessel-_______-Parise
No way in hell would it happen. Kings wont have the capspace

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:44 PM
  #132
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
No way in hell would it happen. Kings wont have the capspace
Don't do that man. Now your just being like those naysayers who told us all year we wouldn't have space for Richards. Anything can happen between now and July 1st 2012. For a player like Parise, a team will find a way to make space. We did it for Richards.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
  #133
Ke11y96
Registered User
 
Ke11y96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
I didn't realize with Weber that he had another year left of RFA status...In that case rather then trade for Weber or miss the boat on Parise and wait for Weber, I'm all in on going after Parise next summer if he makes it that far..

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:47 PM
  #134
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
No way in hell would it happen. Kings wont have the capspace
Penner will be off the books, and I think everyone is going to be surprised by how much the cap increases again this year. Any new CBA won't go into effect until September 15, 2012 at the earliest, so the current CBA will be used to calculate the cap increase for July 1st, 2012's free agency.

Keep in mind that the new, massively larger, U.S. TV deal goes into effect this year. If that deal is evenly structured rather than backloaded, it will contribute to a ~$3m salary cap increase in and of itself.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:48 PM
  #135
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
I didn't realize with Weber that he had another year left of RFA status...In that case rather then trade for Weber or miss the boat on Parise and wait for Weber, I'm all in on going after Parise next summer if he makes it that far..
There's been a lot of talk of the NHL pushing hard for raising the RFA age in the next CBA. If they do it, that would affect Weber, and he would not become a UFA until some later year.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:51 PM
  #136
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
There's been a lot of talk of the NHL pushing hard for raising the RFA age in the next CBA. If they do it, that would affect Weber, and he would not become a UFA until some later year.
Wouldn't he be grandfathered in though? Seems like that would be a major point of contention for players on the cusp of UFA.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
  #137
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Penner will be off the books, and I think everyone is going to be surprised by how much the cap increases again this year. Any new CBA won't go into effect until September 15, 2012 at the earliest, so the current CBA will be used to calculate the cap increase for July 1st, 2012's free agency.

Keep in mind that the new, massively larger, U.S. TV deal goes into effect this year. If that deal is evenly structured rather than backloaded, it will contribute to a ~$3m salary cap increase in and of itself.
That is true but we also have alot of players coming off the books that will give us more money than them, plus if the cap increases it only helps my arguement in being able to afford him. The kings and us are very similiar teams, except for the difference in goalie which we have the advantage. NY is closer to home so he doesnt have to move. kings have a good team, an offense full of scorers and no playmakers, while we have a team of playmakers but no scorers.. Parise is a scorer, i think he would go to nyr but then again no idea.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 01:05 PM
  #138
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Wouldn't he be grandfathered in though? Seems like that would be a major point of contention for players on the cusp of UFA.
Doubtful. The whole point of doing so would be to go into effect immediately. If you grandfather in all existing NHLers, then the increased RFA age wouldn't go into effect for 7 years, and by then, there will probably be an entirely new CBA all over again.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 01:06 PM
  #139
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
That is true but we also have alot of players coming off the books that will give us more money than them, plus if the cap increases it only helps my arguement in being able to afford him. The kings and us are very similiar teams, except for the difference in goalie which we have the advantage. NY is closer to home so he doesnt have to move. kings have a good team, an offense full of scorers and no playmakers, while we have a team of playmakers but no scorers.. Parise is a scorer, i think he would go to nyr but then again no idea.
I didn't say he'd pick the Kings over the numerous suitors he would have offers from. All I said is that they will almost certainly be in position to be able to offer him a competitive deal.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 01:22 PM
  #140
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Doubtful. The whole point of doing so would be to go into effect immediately. If you grandfather in all existing NHLers, then the increased RFA age wouldn't go into effect for 7 years, and by then, there will probably be an entirely new CBA all over again.
I'd expect a work stoppage then. No way guys like weber, who are on the cusp of getting UFA money are going to sign off on that. Logically, this will only apply to those just entering the league, or those who have been in the league for a certain amount of years will be grandfathered in.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 01:24 PM
  #141
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Doubtful. The whole point of doing so would be to go into effect immediately. If you grandfather in all existing NHLers, then the increased RFA age wouldn't go into effect for 7 years, and by then, there will probably be an entirely new CBA all over again.
Kings have been bridesmaids to the big UFA signing for the past 2 years. IMO they stop at nothing to get Parise.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 02:01 PM
  #142
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Kings have been bridesmaids to the big UFA signing for the past 2 years. IMO they stop at nothing to get Parise.
probably...but its not like the rangers dont have room either...we can fit in 7.5mil under the cap if there is 0 increase to it...id expect it to go up by as much as 5-7 mil....whatever LA offers, we can match. we'd have an easier travel schedule, comfort of being in a place hes pretty much played in his entire career, easier conference, etc.


and NJ will have lots of room for him next year as well...i think a lot hinges on how the Devils do this year...if they are back in playoff form, i think he'll probably just stay with them.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 02:02 PM
  #143
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Parise, Suter and Weber seem all too good to be true. I'd stick with adding another top 6 winger like Sharp or Hemsky.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 02:09 PM
  #144
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I'd expect a work stoppage then. No way guys like weber, who are on the cusp of getting UFA money are going to sign off on that. Logically, this will only apply to those just entering the league, or those who have been in the league for a certain amount of years will be grandfathered in.
Logically? If you only apply it to guys just entering the league, you may as well not apply it at all. By the time those players reach what is now RFA age, the "new" CBA will be the "old" CBA, and it'll be likely that yet another entirely new CBA will be in place. Logically, that makes no sense.

There's going to be a give and a take in the negotiations. The players will certainly be giving up something -- it could be higher UFA age, or a lower salary cap, or both.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 02:28 PM
  #145
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Logically? If you only apply it to guys just entering the league, you may as well not apply it at all. By the time those players reach what is now RFA age, the "new" CBA will be the "old" CBA, and it'll be likely that yet another entirely new CBA will be in place. Logically, that makes no sense.

There's going to be a give and a take in the negotiations. The players will certainly be giving up something -- it could be higher UFA age, or a lower salary cap, or both.
I'm just sayin that it doesn't make sense for every player to be effected by that. Guys who are 1 year away will probably stay the same, but this will probably effect the doughtys and the stamkos' more than guys are inches away. My guess is that it will depend on current age and/or when you entered the league to determine who gets grandfathered in then.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.