HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Celebrations

Old
07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Subnordi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
What did they call?

I'm guessing unsportsmanlike

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Defgarden

I've never scored a goal in my life.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

My first girl I did the 'one-knee slide' celebration, but usually it's just a fist pump.

I did score to tie the game in our championship game and I did the knee-slide again. I'm not to showy.

Terror91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 12:02 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
My first girl I did the 'one-knee slide' celebration, but usually it's just a fist pump.
I did score to tie the game in our championship game and I did the knee-slide again. I'm not to showy.
.....And how did she like that?

this is what I usually do...

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Small fist pump when I score. If it's a close game, I might yell a "whoo". If it's a blowout, I keep my mouth shut.

Had a funny one last night, was watching my team bring the puck up the ice, great play through the neutral zone, one guy deked around a defender to send it to his winger, who deked through the other D's legs and sent a snapper top shelf. It was so damn pretty that I had to stand up and yell on the bench, and the scorer raised his hands and paraded around the ice. Damned hilarious.

Of course it's summer league so nothing is serious...

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Havok89

Knuckle drag.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 10:49 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Raise my stick, acknowledge the passer if there was one and skate to the bench.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
SensAreReligion
RCN

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
What did they call?
unsportsmanlike.

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:34 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
When I was a kid I used to have a lot of fun with it. I'd usually go down on one knee and do the big swinging windmill fistpump. I did the Selanne shoot down when I was like 12 or something like that when I got a hat trick.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Subnordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSpezza19 View Post
unsportsmanlike.

So I was right I was agitating a guy once and they threatened to give me an unsportsmanlike

Old
07-31-2011, 05:06 AM
Noir

I do pelvic thrusts.

Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Maccas

vCash: 833
Only ever celebrated one goal and that was because it was a goal that I never thought I could score. I split the D and then Sniped it High Glove side. When I shot it I was only expecting a rebound at best so when I heard it ring off the post and then hit the netting I was ridiculously happy and let out a huge cheer and threw my arms up in the air (Yeah, not exactly original!)
Mostly though my goals tend to be fairly garbage goals so I just acknowlege whoever assisted me and then skate over to the bench.

Maccas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Capathetic

It depends for me. I used to not score much so when I did it was the one knee fist pump power ranger looking pose that most nhl players do. Now years later im on two teams...a and b league. I dont exactly light up the a league so I keep it humble....however in the b league ill have to admit most of you hate it but im a showboat. I really like in the nfl when players do excessive endzone celebrations and I try to be funny and entertaining. The only reason people dont try to take my head off is that I know most of the players in the league and they know im just trying to have some fun. Plus working at the rink when I was younger I just grew up around most of these guys.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Eisen

Riding the stick.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Cousin Eddie
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

vCash: 177
Stand still, put both arms out to the side while everyone skates toward me for a huddle.

Cousin Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Subnordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
Riding the stick.
I scored 2 goals against a team that we despised once in my first year, first goal I rode my stick, 2nd goal I went to center ice and did a snow angel.

Old
08-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Keggatron

Nothing really crazy anymore, put my hands up and hug the assister in tight games usually.

My first year bantam though, my buddy and I were huge nWo fans. So I'd be Hall and he was Nash, everytime I scored I did the thumb point to myself in the middle of the ice (hard to explain, but if you know Razor Ramon or Scott Hall you'd understand). For big goals he'd skate up the boards shed his mitts and do the wolfpack hand sign while bending one knee. Best year of hockey ever, everyone in the league hated us and we musta scored like 120 goals between us.

Keggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Cams

vCash: 1183
No need to celebrate in a beer league. When I score - I just maybe tap gloves with my linemates, and then either go to the bench, or lineup for the faceoff.

Why people need to show off with stupid celebrations in a recreational league is beyond me.

If somebody on an opposing team did something like this:

My first year bantam though, my buddy and I were huge nWo fans. So I'd be Hall and he was Nash, everytime I scored I did the thumb point to myself in the middle of the ice (hard to explain, but if you know Razor Ramon or Scott Hall you'd understand). For big goals he'd skate up the boards shed his mitts and do the wolfpack hand sign while bending one knee.
or
went to center ice and did a snow angel.

then most of guys I play with (myself included) would probably let your teammates know that someone might not see you coming and knock you flying, or you might not get be able to get your ankles out of the way of shot.....

Especially for a rec league or rec tournament - when you score a goal, get ready for the faceoff. You look like a complete idiot if you go all crazy and stuff. Like others have said - act like you've been there.

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Subnordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams View Post
No need to celebrate in a beer league. When I score - I just maybe tap gloves with my linemates, and then either go to the bench, or lineup for the faceoff.

Why people need to show off with stupid celebrations in a recreational league is beyond me.

If somebody on an opposing team did something like this:

My first year bantam though, my buddy and I were huge nWo fans. So I'd be Hall and he was Nash, everytime I scored I did the thumb point to myself in the middle of the ice (hard to explain, but if you know Razor Ramon or Scott Hall you'd understand). For big goals he'd skate up the boards shed his mitts and do the wolfpack hand sign while bending one knee.
or
went to center ice and did a snow angel.

then most of guys I play with (myself included) would probably let your teammates know that someone might not see you coming and knock you flying, or you might not get be able to get your ankles out of the way of shot.....

Especially for a rec league or rec tournament - when you score a goal, get ready for the faceoff. You look like a complete idiot if you go all crazy and stuff. Like others have said - act like you've been there.

Mine was the snow angel thing, trust me though, I realized how queer I was acting when I'd celebrate, I've since calmed down. I hate showboats, it's not that great of an excuse but it was my first year and I didn't score much.

Old
08-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Cams

vCash: 1183
Subnordi - If it's a pick-up game with a bunch of friends playing shinny/messing around it's not a big deal - mind you ice time is expensive...... but in a league setting it's pretty lame (IMO).

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
WickedWrister

First, I flip the stick around so that the butt end is facing outwards, then I place my stick between my legs, shorten up on the shaft quite a bit, and then proceed to stroke the end like there's no tomorrow.

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Flow

everytime after i score i pretty much automatically do the fist pump, nothing else

Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 10:02 PM
KaraLupin
카라

I usually just press Y, no big deal....

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 10:06 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecantscorefromthere View Post
Skate away looking mad
HAHAHHAA, I'm gonna do that next time and see if the other team thinks they might have scored instead.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:00 AM
jwitz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
First, I flip the stick around so that the butt end is facing outwards, then I place my stick between my legs, shorten up on the shaft quite a bit, and then proceed to stroke the end like there's no tomorrow.
LOL!

jwitz04 is offline   Reply With Quote