HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL "I can't wait for hockey to begin" thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
  #51
matCH penalty
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,077
vCash: 500
Yeah, I'm way over summer.

I'm not going to be happy again until the first time P.K. slams some jerk to the ice.



Come Thursday the sixth, it doesn't matter if it's freezing or boiling. I'm going to wear the Carey sweater and my favourite toque, put on the car flags, and generally be a social acceptability-limited insufferable individual to anyone who isn't of our ilk until the next Monday.

matCH penalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 10:01 PM
  #52
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
Yeah, I'm way over summer.

I'm not going to be happy again until the first time P.K. slams some jerk to the ice.



Come Thursday the sixth, it doesn't matter if it's freezing or boiling. I'm going to wear the Carey sweater and my favourite toque, put on the car flags, and generally be a social acceptability-limited insufferable individual to anyone who isn't of our ilk until the next Monday.
You and I, bro.

You and I.



(niiiice video. I hope we get to see some more of these hits in the future)

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
  #53
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The only way to reply to the Bruins Cup, is by going one this upcoming season. Nothing less. But it shouldn't be about the Bruins. It should just be about our desire to improve and to win. No matter what the Bruins does. We can't be what the Bruins were before and go for the moral victories. We're beyond that. But on our way to greatness, we can sure hope we'd kick their butt along the way....

On a personal note, 1st complete season without my father who used to be a usher and a Habs fan. Died in December of last year. Will be strange to not have those conversation with him about hockey.
I'm sure you've heard many times and probably sick and tired of hearing it, but sorry for your loss.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
  #54
knuck
On and off fan
 
knuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The only way to reply to the Bruins Cup, is by going one this upcoming season. Nothing less. But it shouldn't be about the Bruins. It should just be about our desire to improve and to win. No matter what the Bruins does. We can't be what the Bruins were before and go for the moral victories. We're beyond that. But on our way to greatness, we can sure hope we'd kick their butt along the way....

On a personal note, 1st complete season without my father who used to be a usher and a Habs fan. Died in December of last year. Will be strange to not have those conversation with him about hockey.
At least you still have us

We're all as****** though

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:02 AM
  #55
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 500
My late condolances Whitesnake.

And.... I cannot wait for the season to start up. Every other sport seems... so pointless and soul-free.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 10:02 AM
  #56
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 10,875
vCash: 500
I guess I'm not in as much pain because NFL season starts in a month. It bridges the gap.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 02:34 PM
  #57
BINYON
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Yeah, watching Sportcentre is depressing right now too. Baseball, baseball, baseball. I hate watching baseball!

BINYON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 05:36 PM
  #58
kassian
Emelin's face plate
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Netherlands Antilles
Posts: 4,456
vCash: 500
Can't wait for the GT to pop up. It already did on the Leafs' forum and the highlight of their thread are the height comparisons (especially on the D) and how their team looks better on paper. Seems like deja-vu.

That's probably the only thing they have the advantage on.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=957101&page=6

Read with discretion.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 05:46 PM
  #59
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 33,871
vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
Yeah, I'm way over summer.

I'm not going to be happy again until the first time P.K. slams some jerk to the ice.



Come Thursday the sixth, it doesn't matter if it's freezing or boiling. I'm going to wear the Carey sweater and my favourite toque, put on the car flags, and generally be a social acceptability-limited insufferable individual to anyone who isn't of our ilk until the next Monday.
You sir.... nearly brought a tear to my eye.
I love watching that hit
over
and over
and over
and over
and over!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:03 PM
  #60
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Can't wait for the GT to pop up. It already did on the Leafs' forum and the highlight of their thread are the height comparisons (especially on the D) and how their team looks better on paper. Seems like deja-vu.

That's probably the only thing they have the advantage on.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=957101&page=6

Read with discretion.
Really hoping that Subban crushes one of Phaneuf/Schenn.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:49 PM
  #61
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,490
vCash: 500
I can wait a little longer now


summer has finally arrived in vancouver (knock on wood)

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:02 PM
  #62
McSorleyStick
GIJON !
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 16,800
vCash: 500
I can wait

Because hockey = winter

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 07:32 AM
  #63
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 500
its getting closer!!!

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 02:57 PM
  #64
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The only way to reply to the Bruins Cup, is by going one this upcoming season. Nothing less. But it shouldn't be about the Bruins. It should just be about our desire to improve and to win. No matter what the Bruins does. We can't be what the Bruins were before and go for the moral victories. We're beyond that. But on our way to greatness, we can sure hope we'd kick their butt along the way....

On a personal note, 1st complete season without my father who used to be a usher and a Habs fan. Died in December of last year. Will be strange to not have those conversation with him about hockey.
Never talk much here but I always liked your posts, so i should say condolences to you my friend. I am sure you will pass the same feelings to your next of kin and it will be they who will have the same conversation with you .

Cheers.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 05:39 PM
  #65
Stubbs88
Registered User
 
Stubbs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Can't wait for the GT to pop up. It already did on the Leafs' forum and the highlight of their thread are the height comparisons (especially on the D) and how their team looks better on paper. Seems like deja-vu.

That's probably the only thing they have the advantage on.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=957101&page=6

Read with discretion.
Was reading through that to, it just got me more excited for opening night.

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 02:45 PM
  #66
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 500
haha @ leafs fans

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 03:00 PM
  #67
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
hoping to see plenty more of this:

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
  #68
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,210
vCash: 500
The nights are starting to get boring and long (well, during the week anyways).

I can't wait to hit the Bell Center for the first time this year.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
  #69
Montreal4Life*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Never talk much here but I always liked your posts, so i should say condolences to you my friend. I am sure you will pass the same feelings to your next of kin and it will be they who will have the same conversation with you .

Cheers.
My condolensces. My dad passed away as well last December, the Habs were one of our main talking points. May both our dads bless the Habs from the heavens

Montreal4Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 05:54 PM
  #70
PaulSedin
#lydia2012
 
PaulSedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 500
i miss seeing pk subban

PaulSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.