HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

My Trip To The Heritage Classic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
  #1
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 50
My Trip To The Heritage Classic

I went to my first ever habs game last year the Heritage classic and it was awesome even though we got shutout it was freezing!

i never thought of this till now but here are my pics i took


99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:50 AM
  #2
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,435
vCash: 700
4-0

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:02 AM
  #3
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
4-0
im going to two habs games this year i better see a damn goal

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:04 AM
  #4
Skyline49
Registered User
 
Skyline49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Ugh, that was actually my first (and still solitary) NHL game. Outside of us getting shelled, I have two memories:

1. THE COLD!!!!!!1!!!!1!11!one!!!11

Left after two periods because I knew what was going to happen and I couldn't feel my face.

2. Tried to go to the bathroom during intermission. Failed, but succeeded in getting dry humped by a large crowd or people.

And despite all of that, I'd still go again if you said it'd be -60 and we would lose 20-0. It was a wonderful experience.

Skyline49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:09 AM
  #5
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,423
vCash: 500
nice pics 99

The novelty of watching it on TV is no longer there for me. This is purely a spectators event imo... looks like fun in person.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:11 AM
  #6
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline49 View Post
Ugh, that was actually my first (and still solitary) NHL game. Outside of us getting shelled, I have two memories:

1. THE COLD!!!!!!1!!!!1!11!one!!!11

Left after two periods because I knew what was going to happen and I couldn't feel my face.

2. Tried to go to the bathroom during intermission. Failed, but succeeded in getting dry humped by a large crowd or people.

And despite all of that, I'd still go again if you said it'd be -60 and we would lose 20-0. It was a wonderful experience.
thats exactly what i am still saying to this day if i could go back even knowing we were gonna lose 4-0 i would still go again it was just a great experience and a pretty cool one for my first NHL game ever

and yes it was ****ing FREEZING!!! i did not dress for the occasion

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:12 AM
  #7
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
nice pics 99

The novelty of watching it on TV is no longer there for me. This is purely a spectators event imo... looks like fun in person.
it was very fun during the game but intermission sucked as you just sat there freezing for 20 minutes

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:23 AM
  #8
Aarex
Registered User
 
Aarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,273
vCash: 500
It was my first habs game as well, i travelled from regina to freeze my balls off.

During first intermission I was really confused as to why there was a line up for the bathroom as mens washrooms usually dont have line ups, second intermission I learned the truth. The bathrooms were heated! When i got in every single urinal was available but there was 40 guys in there warming up lol.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
  #9
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbanation View Post
It was my first habs game as well, i travelled from regina to freeze my balls off.

During first intermission I was really confused as to why there was a line up for the bathroom as mens washrooms usually dont have line ups, second intermission I learned the truth. The bathrooms were heated! When i got in every single urinal was available but there was 40 guys in there warming up lol.
Haha, are you serious?

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:49 AM
  #10
JHabs61
Registered User
 
JHabs61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
I have never been to a habs game, I live in the GTA. I have been to several Bulldogs games, and with half the stadium ful it is electric when we score! can't wait til I get a chance to visit the bell centre

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  #11
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,477
vCash: 500
Hope you guys bring out ear plugs next time you go see a Habs game in person... be it an Heritage Classic or another Habs game.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 04:34 PM
  #12
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbanation View Post
It was my first habs game as well, i travelled from regina to freeze my balls off.

During first intermission I was really confused as to why there was a line up for the bathroom as mens washrooms usually dont have line ups, second intermission I learned the truth. The bathrooms were heated! When i got in every single urinal was available but there was 40 guys in there warming up lol.
Man what side of the stadium were you on? I remember there being a huge lineup out of the bathroom for every urinal and some guys were even pissing in the sink lol. Awesome experience though. It was really hard drinking beer with no gloves but I roughed it out

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 05:58 PM
  #13
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
This should be a good post, but all it does is just brings back awful memories, shutout, yuck!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 12:12 AM
  #14
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank
 
Seth Rollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,211
vCash: 500
I was there as well. -20 windchill and guys shoveling the ice every 5 minutes really took away from the game though.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 12:41 AM
  #15
Aarex
Registered User
 
Aarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
Man what side of the stadium were you on? I remember there being a huge lineup out of the bathroom for every urinal and some guys were even pissing in the sink lol. Awesome experience though. It was really hard drinking beer with no gloves but I roughed it out
I was on the same side as the OP, real close to where he was sitting actually.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.