Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I agree with you Guerzy that he's a lot more skilled than most of our prospects and I would like to rate him higher, I just can't until he proves he can handle the AHL/NHL daily grind. IMO His health is just too big a red flag for me to rate him higher.
I completely understand where you're coming from. I mean, the heart is pretty important .

I get ya, no worries. I suppose I just feel until it proves to be an issue that will prevent him from playing the game at the professional level, i'll reserve judgement on whether it's a red flag for me.

Now, if he has issues again this year, by all means I will then share your concern. But, until when and if that occurs, I feel okay rating him based on his clean bill of health today and talent, which I believe are pretty good.

08-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I completely understand where you're coming from. I mean, the heart is pretty important .

I get ya, no worries. I suppose I just feel until it proves to be an issue that will prevent him from playing the game at the professional level, i'll reserve judgement on whether it's a red flag for me.

Now, if he has issues again this year, by all means I will then share your concern. But, until when and if that occurs, I feel okay rating him based on his clean bill of health today and talent, which I believe are pretty good.
Talent wise he should easily be in Winnipeg's top 5, maybe even top 3. I hope he doesn't have issues in the future, because he could be a valuable young piece to our puzzle.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

It's a bit off topic, but has anyone watched Julian Melchiori play? I think he's gonna get the shaft around here on this prospect list, compared to more well known prospects. He's a better prospect than Yuen, Kulda or any of our other d-men prospects(minus Postma). He's a top prospect with good skating ability, size and he has possible top 4 d-man potential. If you haven't seen him or don't know much about him, you should keep an eye on him this year. This will be his 2nd full year with Kitchener. I look forward to seeing his game develop even more offensively.

Old
08-02-2011, 02:16 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

The only highlights of Melchiori I've seen are the ones in which he gets burned by Scheifele (Kitchener vs. Barrie)

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
The only highlights of Melchiori I've seen are the ones in which he gets burned by Scheifele (Kitchener vs. Barrie)
Lol, would that be when Ryan Murphy left him as the only defender? Just like Scheifele, Melchiori obviously still needs time to develop and bulk up, but he does possess the skill set to be a solid NHL d-man.

Old
08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Looks like this poll is all but wrapped up

Old
08-03-2011, 09:00 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I went Machacek but would be fine with Maxwell as well.

On another prospect note what ever happened with Aliu? I remember when Downie destroyed his teeth there was all this talk of "how could a goon take out a future superstar like that?" Didn't he even spend some time in the E last year? Did he get injured somewhere or just stop developing?

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I went Machacek but would be fine with Maxwell as well.

On another prospect note what ever happened with Aliu? I remember when Downie destroyed his teeth there was all this talk of "how could a goon take out a future superstar like that?" Didn't he even spend some time in the E last year? Did he get injured somewhere or just stop developing?
He wasn't getting icetime in Chicago, so he spent time in Gwinnett and with Peoria on loan. From what I understand, actually did pretty well with the Rivermen.

If there's ever a guy who would be a late bloomer, it's Aliu. Didn't start playing hockey until his early teens, and has always had some attitude issues to work out, coming from a very poor background. Maybe this is the year he breaks out, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote