HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whos got the edge on making this team: Defensemen?

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2005, 09:10 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Drats looked 100x better then Lampman looked yesterday night. Lampman looks too weak, no real offensive skills, and defense was shaky. Drats was fast, hitting hard, looked like he had been running a PP for years as well. Cept for that rookie mistake he made by giving the puck up he looked very impressive.
I was at the game. I thought both "Drats" and Rullier were awful. Very shaky handling the puck and Rullier's skating was average at best.

But I agree Kondrietev (sp?) will probably be "ok" on the third pairing. On this team anyway.

I think Strudwick made a strong case for himself as a #7 guy. Probably go down between him and Purinton, if Purinton can keep his head and stop taking stupid penalties. Probably just alternate them in the #6 spot. That's my guess.

I just moved here and it's hard to understand what Sather is trying to do with this team. If I were him, I'd be scouring all the other team's cast-offs. Several of them would probably make this team.

Old
09-27-2005, 09:13 AM
in the hall

Kondratiev was not awful, he had many good moments in the game to off set his poor play to start.. was also involved

Old
09-27-2005, 09:16 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Kondratiev was not awful, he had many good moments in the game to off set his poor play to start.. was also involved
He was directly responsible for both goals wasn't he? Didn't he hand the puck to Bergeron at the side of the net for a goal? I thought he was terrible myself. Couldn't move the puck at all and his shot was constantly blocked (which are the only two things he's really in the NHL for I'd assume). Kasper was even pissed off with him noticeably. He even stopped talking to him on the bench.

Rullier is a minor leaguer. His skating will get him burned in a real game.

I don't mean to be chastizing or anything. I want the Rangers to be good. I live here now and I have to watch them! I can't believe they went from a soft, overpaid Euro team to a soft, minor league level Euro team. I never imagined anyone would want to make that kind of transition.

Edit: Just read another post. I guess Kondratiev is a righty. That changes things and probably makes him more valuable (esp. for the PP).

And I forgot Pock who will be in the running for the 6-7 spots with Strudwick and Purinton......i guess.......I should really be asking questions, but I'm just trying to put it all together since I'm really just exploring this team at all levels for the first time.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 09-27-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old
09-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Fletch

Kondratiev's a lefty...

I believe. He plays right defense, however. I do think he got a couple shots on goal from the point, and had about 2 blocked. I thought he moved the puck well in the zone and was in well-positioned to keep the puck in the zone.

I think he was responsible for one goal, not two though. He did have handle controlling the puck within the first 10 minutes of the game. He settled down after that, I thought.

Old
09-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Synergy27

Judging solely from the two preseason games, the only lock of the bubble defenseman is Pock in my eyes. Those long passes he made were absolutely brilliant and plays such as that will make the difference with the redline being taken out. I also think he looked pretty solid in his own end, and I would go so far as to say that he has looked like our third best defenseman (behind Kaspar and Tyutin).

I was really expecting alot from Kondratiev, and was disappointed by the Bruin game. That pass he made that Bergeron picked off was awful, you just dont see pros making plays like that. I hope for his (and our) sake that it was nerves.

Kaspar-Poti
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Pock-Malik

I'd be hesitant to play two rookies together, but its going to have to happen if we want three kids on the d-corps I think.

Old
09-27-2005, 03:25 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27

Kaspar-Poti
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Pock-Malik

I'd be hesitant to play two rookies together, but its going to have to happen if we want three kids on the d-corps I think.
I don't think they'll have 3 kids in there.
Out of that group I can see Pock fighting for that last spot.
You forgot Rozsival.

Old
09-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I don't think they'll have 3 kids in there.
Out of that group I can see Pock fighting for that last spot.
You forgot Rozsival.
I didn't forget Roszival, I chose to not include him. That would be my top 6 for opening night, but I digress, we will most likely only see two of the kids playing, one of which is Tyutin. So, that leave only one spot (ugh) that I would give to Pock, although I'd like to see Drats displace Roszival.

Closed Thread