HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THN's The Replacements

Old
08-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
So close that you typed MFL twice on accident.

Why is Holmgren so amenable to giving guys these clauses.
1) Ugh, MFL.

2)

08-03-2011, 03:58 PM
mirimon

I've always assumed that Bryzgalov had if not a NMC then at least a NTC.

Well, at least we're not Calgary. More than half their roster has those things.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:12 PM
tuckrr

Bryz will go to Russia when he's older to get paid...the deal is front-loaded.
Are we seriously complaining about getting bryzgalov?!

Jesus.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Bryz will go to Russia when he's older to get paid...the deal is front-loaded.
Are we seriously complaining about getting bryzgalov?!

Jesus.
No, it isn't. His salary doesn't scale back until 2018, when he goes from 5.5 mil to 2.25 mil. He really only has one big year (this year). So let's hope he's really good when he's 37!

edit: 38, actually.

edit 2: Don't get me wrong, I love having a goalie. But we sure as HELL are paying for it.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 08-03-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 06:53 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No, it isn't. His salary doesn't scale back until 2018, when he goes from 5.5 mil to 2.25 mil. He really only has one big year (this year). So let's hope he's really good when he's 37!

edit: 38, actually.

edit 2: Don't get me wrong, I love having a goalie. But we sure as HELL are paying for it.
The years aren't friendly, I think we can all agree (same with Talbot's) but I think it's obvious it's so the cap hit isn't so terrible.

I'm interested to see what other elite goalies get within the next couple seasons, like Rinne next year.

The negative kicker in this is the NMC. Before that, I didn't mind this contract at all. Now...I don't like it as much, but we still have a goalie. Maybe he'll say good/great like Roloson and Timmy T.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
The years aren't friendly, I think we can all agree (same with Talbot's) but I think it's obvious it's so the cap hit isn't so terrible.

I'm interested to see what other elite goalies get within the next couple seasons, like Rinne next year.

The negative kicker in this is the NMC. Before that, I didn't mind this contract at all. Now...I don't like it as much, but we still have a goalie. Maybe he'll say good/great like Roloson and Timmy T.
Yeah, the cap hit is great now. My fear is that his cap hit will not be so great when he's 36 or 37. It depends on how well he ages. Ideally he plays great until he's 39, but that doesn't seem highly likely...there aren't many 35+ goalies out there who are worth a 5+ mil cap hit.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Flyerfan808

I used the buyout calculator, I thought the buyout was spread evenly over the remaining years?... anyway this is what it told me 2019 - 2020 are BRUTAL. Looks like we really are stuck with his ass.

Ilya Bryzgalov buyout from CapGeek.com

■2016-17: $1,375,000
■2017-18: $1,375,000
■2018-19: $4,625,000
■2019-20: $5,625,000
■2020-21: $1,208,333
■2021-22: $1,208,333
■2022-23: $1,208,333
■2023-24: $1,208,333

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, the cap hit is great now. My fear is that his cap hit will not be so great when he's 36 or 37. It depends on how well he ages. Ideally he plays great until he's 39, but that doesn't seem highly likely...there aren't many 35+ goalies out there who are worth a 5+ mil cap hit.
Does anyone know what injuries, if any, he's had over the years? It sounds like he's played a ton recently which probably means he's been ok.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:11 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Does anyone know what injuries, if any, he's had over the years? It sounds like he's played a ton recently which probably means he's been ok.
According to TSN, looks like a groin problem in 06-07 that kept him out for a couple months on and off, and in 09-10 he had a back/upper body issue that caused him to miss around 10 games.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
According to TSN, looks like a groin problem in 06-07 that kept him out for a couple months on and off, and in 09-10 he had a back/upper body issue that caused him to miss around 10 games.
Allow me to assure you, while I've been an avid Yote's follower(second favorite team), Bryzgolov is a healthy animal. I know, we as Flyer fans, have been speculating whether or not the signing was justifiable or not. Well, compared to Vokouns signing, not really. But the fact we have a true number one goalie, is a blessing in itself. I don't know if you guys ever watched the Coyotes play, but they aren't exactly the most impressive team to see on the ice(however, they work well together as a team). Their D has been dangled around enough, their defensive core is aging other than a few prospects and Keith Yandle. So he didn't have the best defensive players in front of him. With our boys though, none of us should be surprised to see him in the top five for most stats this year. And like I said, he's usually always healthy and a work horse for the most part.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 12:07 AM
SgtJoseph

I will take Mr Snider, Homer and Clarkie over 98% of the rest of NHL teams management.....They are certainly not perfect, and the dirty little secret is NOBODY can 100% predict how any trade will effect a team because of all kinds of unknowns such as nagging injuries, mental stress issues like divorce, sick family member etc, etc.
Its possible the new players may gel quickly and the Flyers may have another great season, and Ritchie and Carter may also play well for their new clubs.
Goalies are as unpredictable as anything can be,,,,,Bryz may be the Bomb, or he may melt down and cave to the pressure of playing goal in Philly ?Its a tough gig all the way around.....But the bottom line is Professional sports is all about entertainment, and our Management certainly has been entertaining us all this summer.....Drop the puck and lets see how it all shakes out

.....If the Flyers play well and win their Division is Homer and crew a bunch of geniuses ? Or are they just lucky like a blind squirrel who finds a nut once in awhile ?

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 12:51 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I will take Mr Snider, Homer and Clarkie over 98% of the rest of NHL teams management.....They are certainly not perfect, and the dirty little secret is NOBODY can 100% predict how any trade will effect a team because of all kinds of unknowns such as nagging injuries, mental stress issues like divorce, sick family member etc, etc.
Its possible the new players may gel quickly and the Flyers may have another great season, and Ritchie and Carter may also play well for their new clubs.
Goalies are as unpredictable as anything can be,,,,,Bryz may be the Bomb, or he may melt down and cave to the pressure of playing goal in Philly ?Its a tough gig all the way around.....But the bottom line is Professional sports is all about entertainment, and our Management certainly has been entertaining us all this summer.....Drop the puck and lets see how it all shakes out

.....If the Flyers play well and win their Division is Homer and crew a bunch of geniuses ? Or are they just lucky like a blind squirrel who finds a nut once in awhile ?
Jester would vote squirrel
(Yes I can predict the future!)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:07 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Well, at least we have bob as a good backup goalie. So even if bryz goes down for a bit, we aren't totally screwed.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Well, at least we have bob as a good backup goalie. So even if bryz goes down for a bit, we aren't totally screwed.
Look, haven't you been warned enough? If you keep saying positive things about the team, you will be ridiculed and banned....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote