HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread #13: We've Even Got the PB's Seal of Apporval!

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
I think tomorrow I'm going to wear my Messier shirt when I go to vote for the Isles arena. Except I'm going to tape over "Messier" with "Vote No" so it looks like "Vote No '11".

For the record, I'm voting yes, but I love toying with Islander fans.
Soo how'd it go?

Old
08-02-2011, 06:54 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Chris Adler is a pretty boss drummer... >.>

Old
08-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Colesium deal got voted down. Good. I interned with a judge in the Nassau County Court this summer, they were so poorly funded that they had to turn the air conditioning off at certain points, made judges take days off because they couldn't pay them, and laid off court officers. The new arena may only have amounted to a $58 increase per household, but when you do the math that turns out to be 25 million a year for 30 years. The county is already in debt, the money should be spent elsewhere. Not for a new arena. This crap about "where are people going to see shows?!?!" is ridiculous. Hop on the LIRR and take a 40 minute ride to NYC, one of the biggest centers for entertainment in the world.

Old
08-02-2011, 10:25 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Anyone have any advice for a very bad sunburn? I'm taking ibuprofen and using aloe but this is still brutal.

RANGERS =
Old
08-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

That suck man. My advice would be to continue using the aloe and just stay out of the sun

Old
08-02-2011, 10:51 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Colesium deal got voted down. Good. I interned with a judge in the Nassau County Court this summer, they were so poorly funded that they had to turn the air conditioning off at certain points, made judges take days off because they couldn't pay them, and laid off court officers. The new arena may only have amounted to a $58 increase per household, but when you do the math that turns out to be 25 million a year for 30 years. The county is already in debt, the money should be spent elsewhere. Not for a new arena. This crap about "where are people going to see shows?!?!" is ridiculous. Hop on the LIRR and take a 40 minute ride to NYC, one of the biggest centers for entertainment in the world.
Nassau County is in a world of trouble financially, and the Islanders will be the unfortunate fallout of that. It might be fun to "toy" with Islanders fans, but theres still plenty of people that this affects should they move.

At this point, you won't find an Islander fan who cares about what anyone else thinks. At this point, it's about closure.

And if that means selling to another city......

Well, than the plan needs to move forward so EVERYONE, including the fans, can move on.

As for Nassau County, this hurts them more than it hurts Islanders fans. All Long Island had was a professional sports team and skyrocketing prices and taxes.

That won't change with the loss of the Islanders, and after the fact, there will be no Islanders.

I think the entertainment business is being extremely underestimated in Nassau County, and in four years this will be a monumental mistake by Jacobs and his friends to use a stealth mission the night before to target a completely harmless demographic in senior citizens and have them ALL come out and vote no. /run on sentence

The NHL without the Islanders will be weird at first, but like anything else, life will go on. These are a product of the times.

Old
08-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Anyone have any advice for a very bad sunburn? I'm taking ibuprofen and using aloe but this is still brutal.
All I can say is apply a cold compress. It may sting a bit, but it helps bring down the swelling and is quite refreshing after a while.

Old
08-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Aloe Vera gel. Works great. (the knowledge comes from working part time at a pharmacy since high school, and dealing with many sunburned people)

Old
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Thanks guys. I was up in NH this weekend, where I started drinking at about 10 AM. By the time the sun was getting to be its most brutal, I was too drunk to care about putting on sunscreen. I am now paying for that fact.

Old
08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my blank Rangers Premier home jersey on eBay for $40 (buy it now) and $30 starting bid for auction. It is used, but I've really only worn it to the few Ranger games I've attended because it's too big for me (which is why I'm selling it)- its in great condition, size Large.

I usually don't accept returns, but for a fellow HF'er I will. If you get it and aren't pleased I will give you 100% of your money back. Not sure if I can post eBay listings on here so mods feel free to delete this if you must.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Last edited by Stugots: 08-02-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old
08-02-2011, 12:38 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my blank Rangers home jersey on eBay for $40. It is used, but I've really only worn it to the few Ranger games I've attended because it's too big for me (which is why I'm selling it)- its in great condition.

I usually don't accept returns, but for a fellow HF'er I will. If you get it and aren't pleased I will give you 100% of your money back. Not sure if I can post eBay listings on here so mods feel free to delete this if you must.

if it wasn't a premiere jersey, i'd try and buy it =/

Old
08-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my blank Rangers Premier home jersey on eBay for $40 (buy it now) and $30 starting bid for auction. It is used, but I've really only worn it to the few Ranger games I've attended because it's too big for me (which is why I'm selling it)- its in great condition, size Large.

I would, but there's no way I'm fitting in a large. I'm Shea Weber's size.

Old
08-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

yeah, im a XXL myself you puny puny man.

Old
08-02-2011, 03:05 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bienvenue a New York View Post
Soo how'd it go?
The polls were empty near me. I got a few bad looks though, I'd say it was worth it.

Old
08-02-2011, 07:50 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
If any1 wants to start with Leaf fans go comment on the Anisimov Vs Bozak thread i made in the polls section lolol

Old
08-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
I take Vitamin E pills and break them open and smear the oil on the burn. If it's a large area they sell the goo in a bottle. It rehydrates the skin and it absorbs right in so your not a greasy mess like from the Aloe.

Hope it works for you, feel better.

Old
08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Thanks guys. I was up in NH this weekend, where I started drinking at about 10 AM. By the time the sun was getting to be its most brutal, I was too drunk to care about putting on sunscreen. I am now paying for that fact.
Your lucky that a bad sunburn is all you got. Booze dehydrate you as does the heat and the sun. Be happy your not in a hospital in NH.

Old
08-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
What's sunburn?

Old
08-03-2011, 12:43 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
The polls were empty near me. I got a few bad looks though, I'd say it was worth it.
Like the trollin Tully.

Old
08-03-2011, 01:44 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
As said, aloe.

Also, what would the level of pain be like on a scale from 1-10? I had what I thought to be 'sunburn' at the end of June, and it turned out the be sun poisoning - which is excruciatingly painful.

08-03-2011, 02:00 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
As said, aloe.

Also, what would the level of pain be like on a scale from 1-10? I had what I thought to be 'sunburn' at the end of June, and it turned out the be sun poisoning - which is excruciatingly painful.
Looking at pictures online and such, it doesn't seem like what I have is quite that bad. Just a really bad burn.

Old
08-03-2011, 02:02 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I had really bad sun burn on the 4th of July. Decided I was too good for sun tan lotion and was burnt to a crisp. Used some lotion that's supposed to help sun burn but it only made it worse. I was burnt bad for a couple of days and really couldn't sleep. Took about 2 weeks before it was gone and fully peeled

Old
08-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

so nobody answered by question on the jersey thread, but not everyone really looks at that thread. So ill ask here as well, cause there are a lot of us around.

quick question:

I got a footlocker gift cert as a tip from a summer job, and I was looking through hockey stuff and saw that they have premier jerseys on sale for 59 99. They have a Lundqvist at the same price, and so I was thinking about getting it, but its in size xxl. I normally wear a L or an XL depending on whether or not I want a hoodie or something under. How much bigger is an XXL than an XL?

or I can get a Savard Bruins jersey
my other option is get a lightning jersey and bring it to cosbys and get Stammer on it.

Old
08-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

**** alcohol edu

Old
08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
**** alcohol edu
It's the worst. One of my friends just never did it. Got a letter in his mailbox about it which he just ignored, and they never mentioned it again.

Closed Thread