HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buf-Det

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2011, 05:14 PM
  #1
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Buf-Det

To
Alex Biega or Dennis Persson


To
Joakim Andersson

Detroit gets a near NHL-ready d-man that is buried in the organizational depth of the Sabres D and is ready for call-ups, Buffalo gets a potential checking center and strengthens the center depth.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:53 PM
  #2
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,391
vCash: 500
Don't know much about Joakim Andersson but ... the way you paint it sounds decent ....

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
  #3
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,845
vCash: 500
Good deal buffalo needs to trade defensive depth for centre depth

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 06:26 PM
  #4
Dogkota
Registered User
 
Dogkota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,529
vCash: 500
Detroit already has a near NHL-ready defenseman in their top prospect Brendan Smith and it looks unlikely even for him to crack a permanent roster spot this year. Either player would likely find the same problem in Detroit as they have in Buffalo.

Dogkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 06:40 PM
  #5
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogkota View Post
Detroit already has a near NHL-ready defenseman in their top prospect Brendan Smith and it looks unlikely even for him to crack a permanent roster spot this year. Either player would likely find the same problem in Detroit as they have in Buffalo.
The issue is more that one of them could end up being the 4th-5th call-up this season with no prospect of ever getting NHL playing time in Buffalo. Schiestel and Brennan are better prospects in the same stage of the development, Morrisonn is a veteran option, if nobody wants him, so those two and McNabb basically fight for the d-man spots #11, #12 and #13 next season. After next season they've got Pysyk, Gauthier-Leduc and MacKenzie coming up who all are destined for an AHL spot. Plus Buffalo's top 6 other than Myers is signed for 2 or more years.

I figured after looking at Detroit's organizational depth chart that one of them could atleast be the call-up option after Smith and make a push for the roster in 2012-13.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 07:14 PM
  #6
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
To discuss this topic a bit further, the Wings seem to have an extraordinary amount of center prospects. Is there a player that...
-Projects at center at NHL level
-Has realistic NHL upside
-Is waiver exempt for next season or hasn't turned pro yet
...that could be traded straight up for a (suitable) d-man prospect?

Options: Pysyk, McNabb, Schiestel, Brennan, Gauthier-Leduc, Biega, Persson, Matt MacKenzie, Drew MacKenzie, Crawford, Mark Adams, Fienhage

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
  #7
Thorton02
Registered User
 
Thorton02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
The Sabres should do this if for only getting some AHL center depth.

Thorton02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:03 PM
  #8
ComradeChris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Wings center prospects are Jarnkrok, Sheahan, Emmerton, Andersson, Quine, and Ferraro. Those are the ones just coming off the top of my head. Crazy center depth.

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:50 PM
  #9
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
To discuss this topic a bit further, the Wings seem to have an extraordinary amount of center prospects. Is there a player that...
-Projects at center at NHL level
-Has realistic NHL upside
-Is waiver exempt for next season or hasn't turned pro yet
...that could be traded straight up for a (suitable) d-man prospect?

Options: Pysyk, McNabb, Schiestel, Brennan, Gauthier-Leduc, Biega, Persson, Matt MacKenzie, Drew MacKenzie, Crawford, Mark Adams, Fienhage
IMO, that depth is listed wrong. Biega and Persson are behind(at the very least, I mean very) MacKenzie and Crawford.

From Detroit's outlook, Andersson is thought of very highly in Babcock's eyes; He views him as a proto-typical shutdown center, which he is. He's a big player that plays the defensive side of the game, something Detroit covets.

I highly doubt they would trade him for a longshot.

EDIT: Also, Detroit has plenty of depth on defense.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
  #10
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
IMO, that depth is listed wrong. Biega and Persson are behind(at the very least, I mean very) MacKenzie and Crawford.
That isn't a depth chart. And if you look at the past Sabres prospect voting, both Persson and Biega were ranked before MacKenzie and Crawford. I think they're interchangeable, but MacKenzie and Crawford are younger and have higher upside and that currently fits better when looking at NHL spots available in the next 2-3 years over the safer and more NHL-ready prospects in Persson and Biega.

Quote:
From Detroit's outlook, Andersson is thought of very highly in Babcock's eyes; He views him as a proto-typical shutdown center, which he is. He's a big player that plays the defensive side of the game, something Detroit covets.

I highly doubt they would trade him for a longshot.
Admittely I don't know much about Andersson's game, but I thought his upside was more that of a good 4th line center?

And I wouldn't call Biega/Persson longshots, they're both midlevel prospects that are buried in the depth. They have about the same bust level of any mid level prospect that is 1-2 season/s from being a serviceable NHLer. They were the #1 pairing in the AHL series against Binghamton and Persson was the first call-up in the series against Philly. There just seems no spot for either of them in the future.

If Detroit thinks that highly of Andersson, well, I guess there's nothing to do there.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.