HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

CSN Philly coming to a Dish near you ...

Old
08-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
I've never seen someone so forwardly jubilant about the fraud they commit. This thread's so hilarious.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

i'm paying for DTV 100%
i pay 100% for NHL Center Ice
i'm paying for Comcast basic cable and internet 100%

not 'stealing' anything. i pay full price for every TV service i subscribe to.

just a nice little consumer 'anti-loophole loophole', thanks to Comcast using their loophole.

all Comcast had to do was stop screwing their own customers like me [a paying Comcast Cable customer], and I'd stop using the loophole.

but, nooooooo, even after the FCC closed the loophole, Comcast is STILL dragging their feet ... why? because they can get away with it.

why do i use my anti-loophole loophole? because I can get away with it.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 09:41 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
i'm paying for DTV 100%
i pay 100% for NHL Center Ice
i'm paying for Comcast basic cable and internet 100%

not 'stealing' anything. i pay full price for every TV service i subscribe to.

just a nice little consumer 'anti-loophole loophole', thanks to Comcast using their loophole.

all Comcast had to do was stop screwing their own customers like me [a paying Comcast Cable customer], and I'd stop using the loophole.

but, nooooooo, even after the FCC closed the loophole, Comcast is STILL dragging their feet ... why? because they can get away with it.

why do i use my anti-loophole loophole? because I can get away with it.

Some of which you're not able to subscribe to without lying.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Some of which you're not able to subscribe to without lying.
nope. i subscribed to DTV in 1998, and 'moved' in 2000.

i pay in full for everything i receive on DTV. why you'd care is beyond me.

i just love the anti-loophole loophole

Old
08-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
I've never seen someone so forwardly jubilant about the fraud they commit. This thread's so hilarious.
and i've never seen a company [Comcast] so jubilant as they [try to, in my case] screw their own customers

Old
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
and i've never seen a company [Comcast] so jubilant as they [try to, in my case] screw their own customers
Gotta agree with you on this one. I have had to call Comcast uncountable times because I'll be charged for things I don't have (DVR, Cinemax, Showtime, among other things). Not to mention the horrible overall customer service involved with the company in general.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 07:00 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Yeah, making gobs of money sure does depress me.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 08:16 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

I love how high and mighty everyone here is about "stealing" I am assuming you have never shared an MP3 or downloaded a video? Get off your high horses.

I don't see how you think it is fair that You pay for an NHL package that doesn't come cheap and its OK to not be able to watch your home team because of some ******** loophole that has been closed by Comcast seems to want to play every card they have to prolong giving the channel to DTV or any other non Comcast / Verizon service.

I am in a situation where Comcast and Verizon are not an option for me. I live in a commercial space (its a converted warehouse with Loft / Studio Apts) and We cannot get either comcast or Verizon without paying a fortune (what sports bars etc. would have to pay them) so I am left with DTV as my only option which means If I dont use that loophole that has just been brought up I have to resort to streaming the game from my laptop to my TV which looks like **** or go out and waste money at a bar to watch the game.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I love how high and mighty everyone here is about "stealing" I am assuming you have never shared an MP3 or downloaded a video? Get off your high horses.

I don't see how you think it is fair that You pay for an NHL package that doesn't come cheap and its OK to not be able to watch your home team because of some ******** loophole that has been closed by Comcast seems to want to play every card they have to prolong giving the channel to DTV or any other non Comcast / Verizon service.

I am in a situation where Comcast and Verizon are not an option for me. I live in a commercial space (its a converted warehouse with Loft / Studio Apts) and We cannot get either comcast or Verizon without paying a fortune (what sports bars etc. would have to pay them) so I am left with DTV as my only option which means If I dont use that loophole that has just been brought up I have to resort to streaming the game from my laptop to my TV which looks like **** or go out and waste money at a bar to watch the game.
no need to defend yourself ..... Comcast brought this on themselves. Comcast could have decided not to invoke the loophole, and allowed CSN Philly to be PAID FOR by DTV / other competitors ... at least they would be making some money from us.

but, no, they would rather rake in the money while they still can drag their feet in this, piss off more of their own customers in many cases

too bad. I pay in full for DTV / Center Ice. I get all Flyers games. and Comcast doesn't get a dime for my hockey coverage.

boo frickin hoo.

Old
09-01-2011, 12:25 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

While the debate about who is looting/fleecing who is interesting....I just want to know when this loophole that Comcast has been using along with Verizon is effin closed so I can get rid of Comcast and use a satellite provider legally to catch the Flyers this upcoming season.

I called DirecTV and they say they are still being blocked and to file a petition to the FCC which is futile in my opinion. I keep reading that people are being told that satellite providers will gain access by the start of the season but I haven't seen anything concrete or official. What the hell is Comcast doing to block this going through....I mean seriously this is a joke...they just were allowed to consolidate even more with the NBC deal and one of the regulators who ruled in favor of deal went over to Comcast like 3 effin months after she gave her approval (conflict of interest anybody!) and yet Comcast is still enaging in anti-competitive practices.

If anybody has anything more definitive..please post.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
i just love the anti-loophole loophole
It's not a loophole. It's a lie. No way around that, sorry.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Why do people care about one guy finding a way to watch something he should be able to get with the service he pays for?

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

There must be some heavy duty blackmail or grudge against someone in some competitors organization for this ridiculous saga to still be going on.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 07:38 AM
BringBackStevens

Yeah, this Bernie guy is ridiculous, but what he does to get the games doesn't deserve ridicule. I'm very surprised at the people seemingly defending the anti-competitive and anti consumer telecom industry which has been screwing the ordinary people for a long time

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:45 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Yeah, this Bernie guy is ridiculous, but what he does to get the games doesn't deserve ridicule. I'm very surprised at the people seemingly defending the anti-competitive and anti consumer telecom industry which has been screwing the ordinary people for a long time
Stockholm syndrome....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
People in the Richmond area have been without cable and internet since Saturday. A couple of my friends and my mother have all tried calling Comcast to find out what the hell is going on...after being on hold for anywhere between 30-60 minutes, a rep would finally answer, say a couple words and hang up.

So, screw Comcast.

09-02-2011, 11:46 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
People in the Richmond area have been without cable and internet since Saturday. A couple of my friends and my mother have all tried calling Comcast to find out what the hell is going on...after being on hold for anywhere between 30-60 minutes, a rep would finally answer, say a couple words and hang up.

So, screw Comcast.
Agreed. For no reason at all Comcast assigned my phone number to someone else. For a month I couldn't receive or make calls at home. I didn't realize it because I rarely use my phone but when I did they said it was a mistake and credited my account (shockingly). However they said it would be fixed within 24 and I would get a new phone number. That was three days ago. It still doesn't work and every time I call back they say, it should be fixed within 24 hours. If it isn't fixed when I get home today, I am switching to Verizon. I'd rather have slower internet than have to deal with these chumps.

Old
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

So, screw Comcast.
If you lose service you actually have to call and ask for a credit and then they might give it to you. I had a data outage on my cell phone in the middle of the night that I didn't even know about and tmobile credited my bill for like 3 bucks lol. It just shows how some companies view their relationship with their customers.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Subject Orange

So...

Since I'm really slightly confused about people saying that CSN is not available on the basic channel package from comcast... (I have fios but whatever)...

The Digitial Economy package..doesnt have CSN....I couldn't find a price. but I'm assuming its the lowest price.

The Digital Starter package..which is 29 bucks...has Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet, Comcast NetworkHD and Comcast Sportsnet HD.

The most basic basic basic of all...is 12 dollars. which doesnt have CSN.( so yeah...the basic package doesnt have CSN)...

But the difference between basic basic and digital statrer is....

$29.99 - $11.85 = $18.14. so. $18.14 does not equal a $40 increase

And Bernie...seeing as you pay for both DTV and Comcast..AND NHL Center Ice...arent you ending up paying alot more than if you simply paid for the Digital starter package from comcast....GOT CN and CSN.....and because you live in the philly area you wouldn't have to worry about black outs at that point?

Last edited by Subject Orange: 09-02-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling errors!
Subject Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
If you lose service you actually have to call and ask for a credit and then they might give it to you. I had a data outage on my cell phone in the middle of the night that I didn't even know about and tmobile credited my bill for like 3 bucks lol. It just shows how some companies view their relationship with their customers.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. These people just wanted a time estimate on when they'd get their service back, and Comcast's response was to say "hello" and immediately hang up.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject Orange View Post
So...

Since I'm really slightly confused about people saying that CSN is not available on the basic channel package from comcast... (I have fios but whatever)...

The Digitial Economy package..doesnt have CSN....I couldn't find a price. but I'm assuming its the lowest price.

The Digital Starter package..which is 29 bucks...has Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet, Comcast NetworkHD and Comcast Sportsnet HD.

The most basic basic basic of all...is 12 dollars. which doesnt have CSN.( so yeah...the basic package doesnt have CSN)...

And Bernie...seeing as you pay for both DTV and Comcast..AND NHL Center Ice...arent you ending up paying alot more than if you simply paid for the Digital starter package from comcast....GOT CN and CSN.....and because you live in the philly area you wouldn't have to worry about black outs at that point?
People are saying you don't get CSN on DTV or other satellite providers.

Old
09-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
People are saying you don't get CSN on DTV or other satellite providers.
I'm hoping they add CSN to Comcast outside Philly. I've called several reps and several had never heard of CSN Philly while others said there was no timeframe on availability. We have Comcast triple pack and NHL Center Ice. They told us we could get like 4-5 CSNs but not the Philly one...

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 03:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
I'm hoping they add CSN to Comcast outside Philly. I've called several reps and several had never heard of CSN Philly while others said there was no timeframe on availability. We have Comcast triple pack and NHL Center Ice. They told us we could get like 4-5 CSNs but not the Philly one...
Yeah, I don't trust people at all when I talk to them. I called DTV one time (before I knew about the litigation and loopholes and so forth and so on), and they assured me that CSN Philly was available in my area on DTV. Clearly, this was no true.

Old
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject Orange View Post
So...

i have the Limited Basic [non digital] Comcast cable. $10.20 monthly.

Comcast doesn't have NFL Sunday ticket = DTV is a must for me.

[DTV outbid Comcast on 2 occasions for NFL, so that's Comcast's fault that they don't have exclusive rights]

Old
09-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

guess Comcast figured out a way to make their money on others, since they were not getting much from me:

Comcast Overcharged Philadelphia $875,576,662; Class Action Lawsuit Demands Refund

http://stopthecap.com/2011/08/29/com...emands-refund/