HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Have the Preds officially become a

Old
08-04-2011, 12:50 AM
LuLu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
That thought never crossed my mind until I saw you post it.. again. I bet David Poile hasn't thought of this yet. Good thing you are on the ball.

They wouldn't want to loos him.
I've pbbly read 100 posts from you on this subject. You seem like you are in denial and a little confused. You are obviously a very passionate fan.

LuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 12:52 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
I am from Vancouver so obviosly I like the Canucks but I also like the Preds, Red Wings, Caps.
I relly liked Radulov when he played in NSH. Weber is one of my favourite players in the league along with Lidstrom and some others.
Can you describe the feeling of getting that far and to loose I imagine that had to really really hurt and to have a riot just come across as really bad losers. You didn't riot with them did you? That is something that will not be easily forgotten by sports people in general. You have to agree that wasn't a good scene would you?

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:42 AM
LuLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Can you describe the feeling of getting that far and to loose I imagine that had to really really hurt and to have a riot just come across as really bad losers. You didn't riot with them did you? That is something that will not be easily forgotten by sports people in general. You have to agree that wasn't a good scene would you?
I went thru it when the Canucks made it to game 7 of the finals and lost against Rangers in 1994. That time it was more disapointing because I was in my early 20's. This time I didn't think the Canucks would win in game 7. Too many injuries.

It sucks but it would have been a lot more disapointing to loose in the first or second round. Game 7 of the finals is as close as a team can get. I was proud of the year the Canucks had.

I was downtown for the 94 riots. I came home right before they started. This time I was not surprised about the riots. I expected the riots this year, I think a lot of ppl did. None of my friends were surprised at the riots.

We don't have racial riots up in Canada. Hockey is pbbly the only reason a few cars would get burned and a few stores would get broken into. I think because a lot of kids grew up hearing about the 94 riots that they wanted to create a memory for them selves. The city took it pretty hard though. In 94 ppl didn't care as much this time it was real tough on the rioters. The whole city felt embarrased.

LuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:52 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
I don't think Vancouver has the pieces it would take to trade for Weber. I've read every Weber post on this fourum over the past couple of days. Most ppl are failing to realise whats going.

This is exactly what happens when a player wants to leave. Weber is gone by the trade deadline. Where to? I don't know, but I really feel for Preds fans. He is a true superstar in the NHL. Too bad Poile didn't treat him better.
To tell you the truth, I could care less about what the people on the outside think of the situation. I stopped listening when they told me my team was moving to Hamilton.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
To tell you the truth, I could care less about what the people on the outside think of the situation. I stopped listening when they told me my team was moving to Hamilton.
QFT x 1,000,000

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
You should see the comments made on the news page at TSN:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373133

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 08:36 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I don't think Vancouver has the pieces it would take to trade for Weber. I've read every Weber post on this fourum over the past couple of days. Most ppl are failing to realise whats going.

This is exactly what happens when a player wants to leave. Weber is gone by the trade deadline. Where to? I don't know, but I really feel for Preds fans. He is a true superstar in the NHL. Too bad Poile didn't treat him better.
Poile was so mean with the rumored offers of multiyear $7mil + deals.

Your posts remind me of diaper filling. Well, a diaper can be changed ... I doubt the quality of your posts will. Too bad.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
I've pbbly read 100 posts from you on this subject. You seem like you are in denial and a little confused. You are obviously a very passionate fan.
I was being sarcastic.

If you read over these boards you'll see that most people will agree that he probably wants to go to a contender. But that doesn't stop people from coming in here and still telling us that he wants to leave like they know 100% for sure. Or that the we should trade him. Of course we should if he wants to leave. We aren't stupid.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Having stayed on the outside, I can tell you it hasn't gotten much better since.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
You should read them and get back to me. I've been watching hockey since the 70's. I watched every superstar play over the past 30 years. I've seen many leave their beloved 1st team. They often cry and tell the media how they never wanted to leave. Bull Crap.

I can see it and many on this forum can't.
No offense, but could it be that we're tired of being told by people (most of them from Vancouver, coincidentally) that Weber is as good as gone? I mean, I've been watching hockey since the late 80s, but I don't go around to other teams' forums to tell them that they need to trade whatever star player they are currently having trouble signing only to back up my opinion with "well, I've been a fan for a while so I can now read minds" which is essentially what you're trying to have us believe.

Just a thought

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:24 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
No offense, but could it be that we're tired of being told by people (most of them from Vancouver, coincidentally) that Weber is as good as gone? I mean, I've been watching hockey since the late 80s, but I don't go around to other teams' forums to tell them that they need to trade whatever star player they are currently having trouble signing only to back up my opinion with "well, I've been a fan for a while so I can now read minds" which is essentially what you're trying to have us believe.

Just a thought
Then on top of that say we trade Weber for their excess. That only says that they really don't know anything about hockey but it embarrases themselves

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Then on top of that say we trade Weber for their excess. That only says that they really don't know anything about hockey but it embarrases themselves
Yeah, it's pretty amusing to me to see the number of proposals offering scores of prospects and 3rd-4th liners.

WE DON'T NEED THOSE. If someone has a 65-75 point scorer they are willing to part with, I'll be open to playing armchair GM.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:43 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty amusing to me to see the number of proposals offering scores of prospects and 3rd-4th liners.

WE DON'T NEED THOSE. If someone has a 65-75 point scorer they are willing to part with, I'll be open to playing armchair GM.
That's because a lot of folks assume the problem is we don't have the money.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Alot of people assume things about the Predators. They all need a good shake.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
The best part about the money argument is that if trade Weber for picks, prospects, and cheap roster players we will still be under the cap floor

Ah HF Boards. It never fails to entertain me

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote