HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Shea Weber

Old
08-04-2011, 12:08 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post

Chara's salary next season is $7.6M - his cap hit is lower than Weber's, yes, but I was referring to his current salary.

I do not believe so, although his qualifying offer for the 2012-2013 season will be at least $7.5M.

So, if they want to extend him long term, they're going to have one year of at least a >/= $7.5M salary.

His cap hit does not need to be $7.5M.

His 2012-2013 salary DOES, however.

There is no year limit, although this arbitration award is a 1 year contract.

Yes, and you also have to consider that Burns was a pending UFA, while Weber still has one year of RFA eligibility after this SPC is up.

That's why I said 'starting point'.
I meant Chara's cap hit was $7.5M. cap hit is the only number that really matters to the Rangers these days.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:28 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Weber asked for a ridiculously high $ and Nashville asked for a ridiculously low $, that is how arbitration works. Is Weber worth 7.5mil? IDK, but who would you rather have at that $, Weber or Gaborik.

And lets not forget in all of this that Nashville took Weber to Arbitration not the other way around. If they had not decided to take him to arbitration to avoid a potential offer sheet, they would probably have ended up eventually agreeing on a lower $ with more years IMO.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I think Weber is SLIGHTLY overrated. Don't flame me. I said slightly. He's the hot commodity right now. He may not keep up this pace for the next 10 or even 5 years. I think our defense is growing ideally and going to peak at the right time. I think if we can get Zach Parise on this team, it would put us over the top. He fits this new Rangers identity 100%. He is a clutch goal scorer. It would be enormous for us to somehow snatch Parise up. It'd be almost too good to be true. The "ex-Devil" stigma (about how Gomez, Holik, Driver, etc. didn't work out here) is just as irrelevant as those who argued against Brad Richards because of Wade Redden and Chris Drury. I'd go nuts if we sign Parise for nothing but cap-space next summer. I have a feeling he goes to Pittsburgh or Detroit, though, but a lot can change in one year. If the Rangers have a big year and put to rest a lot of the question marks about them being real contenders, why wouldn't Zach want to come here? I don't think "loyalty" to an organization that prioritized him after Kovalchuk would stand in our way.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 08:07 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I think Weber is SLIGHTLY overrated. Don't flame me. I said slightly. He's the hot commodity right now. He may not keep up this pace for the next 10 or even 5 years. I think our defense is growing ideally and going to peak at the right time. I think if we can get Zach Parise on this team, it would put us over the top. He fits this new Rangers identity 100%. He is a clutch goal scorer. It would be enormous for us to somehow snatch Parise up. It'd be almost too good to be true. The "ex-Devil" stigma (about how Gomez, Holik, Driver, etc. didn't work out here) is just as irrelevant as those who argued against Brad Richards because of Wade Redden and Chris Drury. I'd go nuts if we sign Parise for nothing but cap-space next summer. I have a feeling he goes to Pittsburgh or Detroit, though, but a lot can change in one year. If the Rangers have a big year and put to rest a lot of the question marks about them being real contenders, why wouldn't Zach want to come here? I don't think "loyalty" to an organization that prioritized him after Kovalchuk would stand in our way.
We won't be as lucky as we were with Richards. I think if Parise comes here, its because we gave him the most money.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Ok so Richards inflates Gabby's stats this year and he stays healthy; therefore his value is back up. Then...

Gaborik, Del Zotto, Zuccarello, 1st for Shea Weber (RFA)

Parise Richards Kreider
Dubinsky Stepan Callahan
Thomas Anisimov Boyle
Fedotenko Rupp Prust

Staal Weber
Erixon Girardi
McDonagh Sauer

Lundqvist
Biron

Then we win 4 straight cups. Done. Easy as pie.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Ok so Richards inflates Gabby's stats this year and he stays healthy; therefore his value is back up. Then...

Gaborik, Del Zotto, Zuccarello, 1st for Shea Weber (RFA)

Parise Richards Kreider
Dubinsky Stepan Callahan
Thomas Anisimov Boyle
Fedotenko Rupp Prust

Staal Weber
Erixon Girardi
McDonagh Sauer

Lundqvist
Biron

Then we win 4 straight cups. Done. Easy as pie.

whats the purpose of doing this? I dont get it. the rangers have an incredibly deep defensive core, defense is not something we need. we've been a top 10 defensive team pretty much since the lockout...another defenseman, even one as awesome as weber, doesnt really help us. what we need is offense....Parise+Gabby+Richards FTW

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 03:41 AM
ohbaby

weber signed for 7.5

Now we can concentrate on what we have. I didn't want him, and I am looking forward to having a very strong backline. With Staal and Girardi leading the way, perhaps being this years best first paring. To Sauer and Micky D coming off sensational rookie seasons. To MDZ being very hungry to lead Gabby on breakaways again. To Calgary wishing they could have made a deal to keep Tim Erixon. And with Dylan and Pavel waiting in the wings should one of our sophmores or rookies falter, we are looking mighty sweet on D.

Oh Baby!

PS. Really looking forward to see baby Erixson put on a Rangers jersey like his dad!

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
weber signed for 7.5

Now we can concentrate on what we have. I didn't want him, and I am looking forward to having a very strong backline. With Staal and Girardi leading the way, perhaps being this years best first paring. To Sauer and Micky D coming off sensational rookie seasons. To MDZ being very hungry to lead Gabby on breakaways again. To Calgary wishing they could have made a deal to keep Tim Erixon. And with Dylan and Pavel waiting in the wings should one of our sophmores or rookies falter, we are looking mighty sweet on D.

Oh Baby!

PS. Really looking forward to see baby Erixson put on a Rangers jersey like his dad!
If it all falls in to place, we are going to be a very good, very lethal team

Primetime Powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote