Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Name and Crest Discussion

Old
08-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Pajicz

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Has/could anyone try to use the model of our current red home jersey (a.k.a. the Christmas jersey), and make a green home and white away versions based on it?

Would do it myself, but probably don't have enough skills to make it look decent.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Pajicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Has/could anyone try to use the model of our current red home jersey (a.k.a. the Christmas jersey), and make a green home and white away versions based on it?

Would do it myself, but probably don't have enough skills to make it look decent.
Well, tried it by myself (don't know if someone's already done this), here's what I got;

Old
08-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Try to replace the green with black. Just sayin'.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Well, tried it by myself (don't know if someone's already done this), here's what I got;

Nice.

Lapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 07:24 PM
BigT2002

I like the white one

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Dampland

vCash: 528
I wonder what a Red version of the 3rd jersey would look like? What about white?

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Pajicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
I wonder what a Red version of the 3rd jersey would look like? What about white?
Maybe like this? (made that white one pretty quickly, as you can see...)

Don't like the red one, it could use some green.

Here's also Doc Holliday's version about the last ones I made;

Old
08-02-2011, 08:50 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I don't like the white one (of the ones with the circle logo). It's just too bland. I do like the green one though.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
dempster333

Definitely like the proposed versions of the home jerseys much more than the alternates. The green alternate looks good but when you change them from green they look like crap

edit: what would the green home look like if the dark green was changed to wheat and the wheat was changed to red? Probably stupid but I cant picture it and it needs a little more color. The two tone green looks kind of bland.

dempster333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I might be alone, but I absolutely hate every Wild concept jersey with black in it. Forest green, iron range red, wheat, and gold. Those are solid colors to build on. Although I think it'd be best to keep red and gold as accent colors.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 04:26 AM
se7en
infamous...

Hey Guys, I didnt know where to post this but I was killing a little time over on the main board in the create a new jersey for your team thread.

I was just saying that I think it would have been cool to see the Wild's colors be Green & blue. Blue being for all the lakes & the sky. as opposed to green & red.

I gotta say, I didnt even realize that I requested timberwolves colors until after I asaw the first creations! hahaha

Well because I lack the programs & the skill I had just posted a request to see it & a few peeps answered the call & I thought it was interesting & cool to see.

Check them out (page 35 half way down):

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post35683029

here's the basics of what they came up with:

I actually really like the look of this.

I wish he would have left the moon/sun yellow. But its amazing how much it resembles the T-wolves now. haha

Here's a jersey: granted it needs some better detail work & a few adjustments but kind of cool to see. (yes I realize it screams Vancouver theft. it was just for fun.

See the thread if you want to see how it came together. Also it's late right now, they're might be some more by the time you see this..? I kind of hope a few people like it & tinker with it to clean it up a bit.

But Vancouver & Timberwolves aside, would you guys have liked it if this was our scheme right from the start? I think I would have liked it.

I mentioned this on the other thread but maybe its because Im so used to red & green now but this almost looks like its lacking something or like the logo is too serious for the brighter colors? Or maybe its just because it's Vancouver & the T-Wolves colors so it looks like us disguised as the "enemy" haha but just I cant put my finger on it..

I really do think that in another reality it could have been cool if tweaked with to find the right fit for the details..

oh & ps, I had requested the state of hockey logo to be the shoulder patches to that jersey. Thats why that was included.

Last edited by se7en: 08-05-2011 at 04:39 AM.
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 08:48 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I really don't like it.

I don't particularly like that shade of blue alone, and the green just doesn't look good on top of it (could be the poor blending on the Q&D photoshop though).

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Needs darker blue, and I don't like the green/blue combo anyway.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd prefer green and gold. You know, Hornets colors

Old
08-05-2011, 09:58 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I'd prefer green and gold. You know, Hornets colors
Cake eater.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 10:23 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Hey Guys, I didnt know where to post this but I was killing a little time over on the main board in the create a new jersey for your team thread.

I was just saying that I think it would have been cool to see the Wild's colors be Green & blue. Blue being for all the lakes & the sky. as opposed to green & red.

I gotta say, I didnt even realize that I requested timberwolves colors until after I asaw the first creations! hahaha

Well because I lack the programs & the skill I had just posted a request to see it & a few peeps answered the call & I thought it was interesting & cool to see.

Check them out (page 35 half way down):

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post35683029

here's the basics of what they came up with:

I actually really like the look of this.

I wish he would have left the moon/sun yellow. But its amazing how much it resembles the T-wolves now. haha

Here's a jersey: granted it needs some better detail work & a few adjustments but kind of cool to see. (yes I realize it screams Vancouver theft. it was just for fun.

See the thread if you want to see how it came together. Also it's late right now, they're might be some more by the time you see this..? I kind of hope a few people like it & tinker with it to clean it up a bit.

But Vancouver & Timberwolves aside, would you guys have liked it if this was our scheme right from the start? I think I would have liked it.

I mentioned this on the other thread but maybe its because Im so used to red & green now but this almost looks like its lacking something or like the logo is too serious for the brighter colors? Or maybe its just because it's Vancouver & the T-Wolves colors so it looks like us disguised as the "enemy" haha but just I cant put my finger on it..

I really do think that in another reality it could have been cool if tweaked with to find the right fit for the details..

oh & ps, I had requested the state of hockey logo to be the shoulder patches to that jersey. Thats why that was included.
That looks like the Canucks too much.

Green should be primary color. That's Minnesota's hockey color.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 10:45 AM
NightSky

The shade of green I would love to have as the primary color.

NightSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 11:07 AM
nickschultzfan

Green and Black could be cool.

Although, Black writing is hard to read. So, maybe Green primary, white writing, and black trim.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I just can't stand the idea of black on a Wild jersey.

Old
08-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
I just can't stand the idea of black on a Wild jersey.
Same. Black and green belongs to the Stars. I love the shade of green and wheat color we use now. Just not the random red thrown in it.. Automatically makes it look Christmasy. I think a different hue of the wheat they use, a little more goldish, would be the best complementary color.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 12:29 PM
se7en
infamous...

I totally understand what you guys are saying. & like i said, it was just for fun to have been able to have seen 2 different colors used & I didnt really want to give up the green so blue was the only other logical choice to try.. I was thinking of requesting green & orange but that didnt seem to have the right look & the blue just kind of made sense as being lake blue..

I still dont think that it looks bad though. Yes obviously the shades of colors would need to be tweaked & some extra detail work would be needed but considering it was just for fun to see & the fact that people whipped them up for me really quickly I thought it was cool just to see, thats the only reason I posted it..

Im not lobbying to change our colors or anything, again, it was more me just being curious. Thats all.

I love all the jersey concepts, even if they're bad they give us something to talk about in the offseason. By all means, if someone has the time & skills to do some of the suggestions you guys made I'm all for seeing them!

BTW - I did think that the state of hockey logo looked pretty slick in blue & green.

Last edited by se7en: 08-05-2011 at 04:10 PM.
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 03:04 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I like the shoulder patch but not the jersey or logo. The green and blue takes away from the many pieces inside the bear/cat/wolf/whatever head and makes it a bear/cat/wolf/whatever head.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

As fun as it is, I don't see the need to create a new jersey. The away jersey looks great as it is. Yeah a more traditional one would be cool, but not necessary.

I mean, look at half the teams that changed their look with the Edge jerseys, and they have been getting new jerseys every year. Pick a look and stick with it.

Edmonton, Buffalo, Nashville, Florida, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, NY Islanders, Los Angeles...all these teams started out with one look and have a new one a few years later.

Looking at the white jerseys, they made some big improvements: thinned down accent stripes on the shoulders/arms, continued that look on the collar, and dumped the green stripe at the cuff. It looks a lot sharper now IMO.

The old green jersey looks like something from a European league. The new one looks like a nice vintage style jersey with some modern touches. The only knock would be the pinstripe around the shoulders, but that's not too bad.

I think the red one IS a touch garish, but it's not bad either. Again, only downside is the pinstripe, which isn't that bad.

Perfection would be swapping the script font on the green with the circle of the red, use the greens as main and red as alternates...maybe 10 home games a year. Wild goes back to green primary color (and in playoffs), that's nice.

Old
08-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Fighting Saint

Quote:
As fun as it is, I don't see the need to create a new jersey. The away jersey looks great as it is. Yeah a more traditional one would be cool, but not necessary.

I mean, look at half the teams that changed their look with the Edge jerseys, and they have been getting new jerseys every year. Pick a look and stick with it.

Edmonton, Buffalo, Nashville, Florida, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, NY Islanders, Los Angeles...all these teams started out with one look and have a new one a few years later.

[IMG]http://nhluniforms.com/Wild/Images/Wild01.png[/ IMG]

[IMG]http://nhluniforms.com/Wild/Images/Wild07.png[/ IMG]

Looking at the white jerseys, they made some big improvements: thinned down accent stripes on the shoulders/arms, continued that look on the collar, and dumped the green stripe at the cuff. It looks a lot sharper now IMO.

The old green jersey looks like something from a European league. The new one looks like a nice vintage style jersey with some modern touches. The only knock would be the pinstripe around the shoulders, but that's not too bad.

I think the red one IS a touch garish, but it's not bad either. Again, only downside is the pinstripe, which isn't that bad.

Perfection would be swapping the script font on the green with the circle of the red, use the greens as main and red as alternates...maybe 10 home games a year. Wild goes back to green primary color (and in playoffs), that's nice.

Fighting Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Gorgeous.