HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2011, 05:57 AM
  #1
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,284
vCash: 500
Sean Avery arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

Also just posted on the main board. ****.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...126825538.html

Megustaelhockey is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 06:04 AM
  #2
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/05/sean-a...cer-hollywood/

HAPPY HOUR is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 06:06 AM
  #3
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title
 
bettercallstaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wingdale
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 1120
Wow. Shoving a police officer is a pretty dumb thing to do. He's not going to jail for that though.

bettercallstaal is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 06:07 AM
  #4
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
I love how someone in the comments section of the TMZ article refers to him as a "****** rocket."

Megustaelhockey is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 06:13 AM
  #5
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title
 
bettercallstaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wingdale
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I love how someone in the comments section of the TMZ article refers to him as a "****** rocket."
And his name is Ron Burgundy no less. Someone forgot to stay classy.

bettercallstaal is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 06:31 AM
  #6
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,243
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
Wow. Shoving a police officer is a pretty dumb thing to do. He's not going to jail for that though.
he was just fighting the power brah

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 06:32 AM
  #7
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,563
vCash: 500
It really annoys me that the "sloppy seconds" incident is brought up here. I never understood the drama surrounding that comment, and it's unfair to use that against Avery in a situation like this.

That said, it's not reasonable for Avery to get physical with a cop. I don't care about the details or the exact circumstances, it's just something that you do not do, especially if you're in the public eye.

I'm waiting for people to start complaining about the fact that he is partying at 1AM instead of getting ready for the season though...

Synergy27 is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 06:43 AM
  #8
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
It really annoys me that the "sloppy seconds" incident is brought up here. I never understood the drama surrounding that comment, and it's unfair to use that against Avery in a situation like this.

That said, it's not reasonable for Avery to get physical with a cop. I don't care about the details or the exact circumstances, it's just something that you do not do, especially if you're in the public eye.

I'm waiting for people to start complaining about the fact that he is partying at 1AM instead of getting ready for the season though...
Wahhh poor Sean. Look the sloppy seconds incident blew out of proportion but at the same time he made a disparaging comment about another player that also degraded the guy's girlfriend in a televised interview you think other leagues wouldn't have had a
problem with that too?

It's not "unfair" to him that it's brought up, that's life your mistakes follow you and have consequences

As for the incident... it was obviously stupid and since he was cooperative after he probably immediately regretted it. This is the kind of impulsive behavior that Torts is going to LOVE out of him lol

allstar3970 is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 07:12 AM
  #9
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy
 
Staals Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 819
vCash: 1187
Meh, this means nothing. We don't know the circumstances. Maybe the cop was a rookie on a power trip? Maybe Sean was being an ass?

Staals Eye is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 07:18 AM
  #10
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,418
vCash: 500
Wow......

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 07:18 AM
  #11
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Wahhh poor Sean. Look the sloppy seconds incident blew out of proportion but at the same time he made a disparaging comment about another player that also degraded the guy's girlfriend in a televised interview you think other leagues wouldn't have had a
problem with that too?

It's not "unfair" to him that it's brought up, that's life your mistakes follow you and have consequences

As for the incident... it was obviously stupid and since he was cooperative after he probably immediately regretted it. This is the kind of impulsive behavior that Torts is going to LOVE out of him lol
The sloppy seconds statement is something that pretty much every red-blooded human male would say if put in the same situation. He could have given a stock, PR coached athlete's response to the question and I, along with everyone else that doesn't buy any of that crap, would have rolled my eyes. That was a hockey player being a real person - no reason for him to be vilified for it.

Synergy27 is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 07:23 AM
  #12
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Before even reading this..I predict either drugs, assault or solicitation of a male prostitute.

Edit: Battery on a police officer..nice job Sean!

TonyTheGr8 is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 07:29 AM
  #13
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
We can't allow people to guess at what may have lead up to the incident. Be careful about posting potentially slanderous material because "someone on the main board" said it might be a fact.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 07:30 AM
  #14
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
New York Ranger Sean Avery was arrested and charged with battery on a police office earlier Friday, according to a Los Angeles Police Department spokesman.

Police responded to noise complaints at Avery’s Hollywood home at about 1 a.m. and arrested him. It wasn’t known what prompted the alleged assault on the officer.

The battery charge is a misdemeanor. Avery’s bail was set at $20,000.
From KuklasKorner

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...rrested_in_la/

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:06 AM
  #15
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV
 
UnderPSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Morris Co, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Did Voros and Richards bail him out? I'm sure they were at his party...

Edit: Im sure it won't ruin his weekend...

Yes, this post is full of sarcasm.


Last edited by UnderPSI: 08-05-2011 at 08:11 AM.
UnderPSI is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
  #16
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 500
Meh, cops can claim anything as a battery against them. My guess: the cops came, Sean was being an ass, and they arrested him. Whether the arrest was justified remains to be seen, but lets also remember the LAPD doesn't have the greatest track record.

Stugots is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
  #17
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,649
vCash: 500
This is why you never leave your house and never let police officers into your house without a warrant...

Levitate is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:15 AM
  #18
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
well at least he is aggitating again.

chip chipperson* is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
  #19
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
This is why you never leave your house and never let police officers into your house without a warrant...
i dont think they dont need a warrant

chip chipperson* is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
  #20
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov
 
Jarkko Immonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
BREAKING NEWS: Sean Avery isn't that swell of a person.

Jarkko Immonen is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
  #21
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
they dont need a warrant
To come inside your house they do, without you inviting them. If you say "come on in" then yeah they can come in and then pretty much search your entire house. If they force their way inside without a warrant and without your permission, then anything they might find (drugs, etc) is inadmissible as any kind of evidence.

however if you push one of them even if they're in your house illegally you're still ****ed.

Never worth touching a police officer in any way even if they're doing something blatantly illegal...

Avery's problem is that it sounds like he went outside to talk to them, and once you do that you kinda get stuck. Yeah he didn't violently assault anyone, just wanted to go back in his house, but if he never left his house then it wouldn't have been an issue at all.

Levitate is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
  #22
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
To come inside your house they do, without you inviting them. If you say "come on in" then yeah they can come in and then pretty much search your entire house. If they force their way inside without a warrant and without your permission, then anything they might find (drugs, etc) is inadmissible as any kind of evidence.

however if you push one of them even if they're in your house illegally you're still ****ed.

Never worth touching a police officer in any way even if they're doing something blatantly illegal...

Avery's problem is that it sounds like he went outside to talk to them, and once you do that you kinda get stuck. Yeah he didn't violently assault anyone, just wanted to go back in his house, but if he never left his house then it wouldn't have been an issue at all.
yes, but they are not conducting a search, they are breaking up a party. i think it falls under the plain view category. kind of like if they smelt weed from outside, they are allowed to go right in or if a bunch of underage kids are having a party, they go right in.

chip chipperson* is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
  #23
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,649
vCash: 500
Probably would have to look up the laws on this in California, but again from the sounds of things, he was outside and trying to go back inside, they never tried to enter and "break things up", just telling him to turn it down

Levitate is online now  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:39 AM
  #24
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
The sloppy seconds statement is something that pretty much every red-blooded human male would say if put in the same situation. He could have given a stock, PR coached athlete's response to the question and I, along with everyone else that doesn't buy any of that crap, would have rolled my eyes. That was a hockey player being a real person - no reason for him to be vilified for it.
really? If you were making millions of dollars and at a televised interview where you're representing your company you'd say that? awesome.

allstar3970 is offline  
Old
08-05-2011, 08:43 AM
  #25
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,774
vCash: 500
The sloppy seconds fiasco is all ********. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Withholding judgement until the facts come out here but I hope he wasn't/didn't do anything too stupid. Come on, Sean.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.