HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

vCash: 500
Sean Avery arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

Also just posted on the main board. ****.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...126825538.html

Old
08-05-2011, 06:04 AM
HAPPY HOUR

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/05/sean-a...cer-hollywood/

Old
08-05-2011, 06:06 AM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Wow. Shoving a police officer is a pretty dumb thing to do. He's not going to jail for that though.

Old
08-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
I love how someone in the comments section of the TMZ article refers to him as a "****** rocket."

Old
08-05-2011, 06:13 AM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I love how someone in the comments section of the TMZ article refers to him as a "****** rocket."
And his name is Ron Burgundy no less. Someone forgot to stay classy.

Old
08-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
Wow. Shoving a police officer is a pretty dumb thing to do. He's not going to jail for that though.
he was just fighting the power brah

Old
08-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Synergy27

It really annoys me that the "sloppy seconds" incident is brought up here. I never understood the drama surrounding that comment, and it's unfair to use that against Avery in a situation like this.

That said, it's not reasonable for Avery to get physical with a cop. I don't care about the details or the exact circumstances, it's just something that you do not do, especially if you're in the public eye.

I'm waiting for people to start complaining about the fact that he is partying at 1AM instead of getting ready for the season though...

Old
08-05-2011, 06:43 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
It really annoys me that the "sloppy seconds" incident is brought up here. I never understood the drama surrounding that comment, and it's unfair to use that against Avery in a situation like this.

That said, it's not reasonable for Avery to get physical with a cop. I don't care about the details or the exact circumstances, it's just something that you do not do, especially if you're in the public eye.

I'm waiting for people to start complaining about the fact that he is partying at 1AM instead of getting ready for the season though...
Wahhh poor Sean. Look the sloppy seconds incident blew out of proportion but at the same time he made a disparaging comment about another player that also degraded the guy's girlfriend in a televised interview you think other leagues wouldn't have had a
problem with that too?

It's not "unfair" to him that it's brought up, that's life your mistakes follow you and have consequences

As for the incident... it was obviously stupid and since he was cooperative after he probably immediately regretted it. This is the kind of impulsive behavior that Torts is going to LOVE out of him lol

Old
08-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Meh, this means nothing. We don't know the circumstances. Maybe the cop was a rookie on a power trip? Maybe Sean was being an ass?

Old
08-05-2011, 07:18 AM
NYR Viper

Wow......

Old
08-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Wahhh poor Sean. Look the sloppy seconds incident blew out of proportion but at the same time he made a disparaging comment about another player that also degraded the guy's girlfriend in a televised interview you think other leagues wouldn't have had a
problem with that too?

It's not "unfair" to him that it's brought up, that's life your mistakes follow you and have consequences

As for the incident... it was obviously stupid and since he was cooperative after he probably immediately regretted it. This is the kind of impulsive behavior that Torts is going to LOVE out of him lol
The sloppy seconds statement is something that pretty much every red-blooded human male would say if put in the same situation. He could have given a stock, PR coached athlete's response to the question and I, along with everyone else that doesn't buy any of that crap, would have rolled my eyes. That was a hockey player being a real person - no reason for him to be vilified for it.

Old
08-05-2011, 07:23 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Before even reading this..I predict either drugs, assault or solicitation of a male prostitute.

Edit: Battery on a police officer..nice job Sean!

Old
08-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Melrose_Jr.

We can't allow people to guess at what may have lead up to the incident. Be careful about posting potentially slanderous material because "someone on the main board" said it might be a fact.

Old
08-05-2011, 07:30 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
New York Ranger Sean Avery was arrested and charged with battery on a police office earlier Friday, according to a Los Angeles Police Department spokesman.

Police responded to noise complaints at Avery’s Hollywood home at about 1 a.m. and arrested him. It wasn’t known what prompted the alleged assault on the officer.

The battery charge is a misdemeanor. Avery’s bail was set at $20,000.
From KuklasKorner

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...rrested_in_la/

Old
08-05-2011, 08:06 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Did Voros and Richards bail him out? I'm sure they were at his party...

Edit: Im sure it won't ruin his weekend...

Yes, this post is full of sarcasm.

Last edited by UnderPSI: 08-05-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old
08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Meh, cops can claim anything as a battery against them. My guess: the cops came, Sean was being an ass, and they arrested him. Whether the arrest was justified remains to be seen, but lets also remember the LAPD doesn't have the greatest track record.

Old
08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Levitate

This is why you never leave your house and never let police officers into your house without a warrant...

Old
08-05-2011, 08:15 AM
chip chipperson*

well at least he is aggitating again.

Old
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
This is why you never leave your house and never let police officers into your house without a warrant...
i dont think they dont need a warrant

Old
08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
BREAKING NEWS: Sean Avery isn't that swell of a person.

Old
08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
they dont need a warrant
To come inside your house they do, without you inviting them. If you say "come on in" then yeah they can come in and then pretty much search your entire house. If they force their way inside without a warrant and without your permission, then anything they might find (drugs, etc) is inadmissible as any kind of evidence.

however if you push one of them even if they're in your house illegally you're still ****ed.

Never worth touching a police officer in any way even if they're doing something blatantly illegal...

Avery's problem is that it sounds like he went outside to talk to them, and once you do that you kinda get stuck. Yeah he didn't violently assault anyone, just wanted to go back in his house, but if he never left his house then it wouldn't have been an issue at all.

Old
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
To come inside your house they do, without you inviting them. If you say "come on in" then yeah they can come in and then pretty much search your entire house. If they force their way inside without a warrant and without your permission, then anything they might find (drugs, etc) is inadmissible as any kind of evidence.

however if you push one of them even if they're in your house illegally you're still ****ed.

Never worth touching a police officer in any way even if they're doing something blatantly illegal...

Avery's problem is that it sounds like he went outside to talk to them, and once you do that you kinda get stuck. Yeah he didn't violently assault anyone, just wanted to go back in his house, but if he never left his house then it wouldn't have been an issue at all.
yes, but they are not conducting a search, they are breaking up a party. i think it falls under the plain view category. kind of like if they smelt weed from outside, they are allowed to go right in or if a bunch of underage kids are having a party, they go right in.

Old
08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Levitate

Probably would have to look up the laws on this in California, but again from the sounds of things, he was outside and trying to go back inside, they never tried to enter and "break things up", just telling him to turn it down

Old
08-05-2011, 08:39 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
The sloppy seconds statement is something that pretty much every red-blooded human male would say if put in the same situation. He could have given a stock, PR coached athlete's response to the question and I, along with everyone else that doesn't buy any of that crap, would have rolled my eyes. That was a hockey player being a real person - no reason for him to be vilified for it.
really? If you were making millions of dollars and at a televised interview where you're representing your company you'd say that? awesome.

Old
08-05-2011, 08:43 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The sloppy seconds fiasco is all ********. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Withholding judgement until the facts come out here but I hope he wasn't/didn't do anything too stupid. Come on, Sean.

Closed Thread