HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Superstar Carwash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Might be because of his record of "poor judgement"?
Usually it is easier to get away with things the first, second, or even third time.
Then it just becomes typical of a person to get into situations like this one
Just out of curiosity, which incidents are you referring to as the 2nd or 3rd time? The 1st I get, the others... not so much. He's getting a ******** of hassle because of the sloppy seconds remark but people should REALLY learn to differ one-ice behavior from off-ice behavior. This incident and the sloppy seconds incident is the only ones I can remember as being 'bad'. I might have missed something obvious, but really... let's see how long Avery will be harassed about this ****, compared to say, a certain Blackhawk player who apparently beat up a cab driver, if anyone even remembers that.

Old
08-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Facts aren't relevant when it comes to Avery.

If it was Prust no one would care.

It's Avery, so he should be off the team. Just ask Bleed Ranger Blue.
If Prust were dumb enough to get into non-hockey related episodes like this one over and over i am sure he would get it too

Old
08-05-2011, 10:27 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Am I the one coming up with excuse after excuse to defend his selfish and stupid behavior? You need to look in the mirror, buddy.

I think hes a borderline NHL player these days that does nothing to help this team win, and I want him off the roster. God, Im so obsessed!!!
What behavior am I defending? I don't recall saying anything in this thread even.

Sloppy seconds I just thought was funny when it happened. Didn't think it really mattered either way.

My opinion has always been hockey related and nothing else. A borderline NHL player? I think you're being a little rough, but I guess it's all about perspective.

The guy is a solid 4th liner that can play the 3rd line with the right mates and spell guys higher up when injuries occur.

With the ire that seethes through your posts about him, one would think he'd be a slightly more important player.

So yes you're obsessed.

Like everyone else who can't stand the fact that a 4th line player has fans. Or whatever nonsensical reason all you guys have.

Old
08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
If Prust were dumb enough to get into non-hockey related episodes like this one over and over i am sure he would get it too
Yeah like Dashiva said, what incidents are you even talking about?

Old
08-05-2011, 10:49 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Aug 5, 2011 10:47a

Rangers on Sean Avery: "We will discuss the matter with Sean and have no further comment at this time."

sent via HootSuite
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/stat...91819003457536

Old
08-05-2011, 10:54 AM
John Torturella

Very stupid thing for Avery to do, but he didn't even hurt anyone. He deserved to get arrested, but in this case he likely won't see a day in jail. He is just lucky that it didn't turn out worse.

Old
08-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Vitto79

I am sure the team will support Avery on this one. If he does screw up again though he likely gets waived. I don't see much patience especially since its his last yr and he seems to be 4th line on the depth chart

regardless this is Seans last yr as a NYR

Old
08-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Yeah like Dashiva said, what incidents are you even talking about?
Some of the other episodes include calling french canadian players ******* for "playing tough and not backing it up" or something like that because they wear visors, calling a black oilers player a monkey, getting fined for diving and the criticizing the NHL director for it (also fined i believe), calling Hayward (i think it was) an embarrasment and a terrible announcer, getting suspended from the kings for skipping out on practice, yelling obcennities to fans from the penalty box, flipping people off. Need more?

What I am saying is that when someone has a record of things like this it gets to be a bigger deal than if someone that never gets in trouble does something wrong.

Old
08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva View Post
Just out of curiosity, which incidents are you referring to as the 2nd or 3rd time? The 1st I get, the others... not so much. He's getting a ******** of hassle because of the sloppy seconds remark but people should REALLY learn to differ one-ice behavior from off-ice behavior. This incident and the sloppy seconds incident is the only ones I can remember as being 'bad'. I might have missed something obvious, but really... let's see how long Avery will be harassed about this ****, compared to say, a certain Blackhawk player who apparently beat up a cab driver, if anyone even remembers that.
See answer above.
As for the blackhawk player, I couldnt care less. He is not on my team, and I dont bother to neither comment or read news articles about them.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:00 AM
John Torturella

Also, not sure how the article comes up with the idea that the bail for this crime is 20 thousand dollars. According to this http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/PEN/3/1/8/9/s243, the fine for the crime is no more than $2,000. I doubt the bail costs 10 times the fine.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:01 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
He deserves every "double standard" thrown his way.

Guy is a sociopath.
Now i'm not a huge Avery fan but I think you might be talking about a certain Cooke, Matt.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Also, not sure how the article comes up with the idea that the bail for this crime is 20 thousand dollars. According to this http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/PEN/3/1/8/9/s243, the fine for the crime is no more than $2,000. I doubt the bail costs 10 times the fine.
It seems right. I got arrested in Los Angeles for alleged battery, and bail was 20K.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Cmox

I'm going to chalk it up too not realizing police protocol varies of it from state to state or officer to officer. He may have said something that he's gotten away with in NYC that might be hugely offensive in Cali. Who knows?

Old
08-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Good for Avery. We won't know what actually happened, but it's nice to see he's got some of his old stuff back. Now bring it to the ice lol

Old
08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Hank was there and the cops were getting to close.

YOU CAN'T TOUCH HANK. NO ONE TOUCHES HANK.

Just getting ready for the season is all.
This. Wins.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

http://tmz.com

NHL star Sean Avery challenged cops to a FIGHT when they responded to his Hollywood Hills home this morning ... calling them, "Fat little pigs" ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told cops were dispatched to the home over a complaint about loud music -- and when they arrived to Avery's pad, the hockey star was NOT happy to see them.

Sources tell us 31-year-old Avery immediately began running his mouth at the cops -- telling them he would fight all of them .... even challenging them to, "Come back without your badges."

During the incident, Avery -- who famously dated Elisha Cuthbert a while back -- allegedly shoved an officer and slammed the front door on the cops.

We're told cops began speaking with Avery through the door -- and warned him that if he didn't open the door, they would break it down. That's when Avery decided to open up and cooperate.

As TMZ first reported, Avery was hauled to a nearby station and booked for battering a peace officer. He has since been released after posting bail.

Calls to Avery's rep has not been returned.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:

NHL star Sean Avery challenged cops to a FIGHT when they responded to his Hollywood Hills home this morning ... calling them, "Fat little pigs" ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told cops were dispatched to the home over a complaint about loud music -- and when they arrived to Avery's pad, the hockey star was NOT happy to see them.

Sources tell us 31-year-old Avery immediately began running his mouth at the cops -- telling them he would fight all of them .... even challenging them to, "Come back without your badges."

During the incident, Avery -- who famously dated Elisha Cuthbert a while back -- allegedly shoved an officer and slammed the front door on the cops.

We're told cops began speaking with Avery through the door -- and warned him that if he didn't open the door, they would break it down. That's when Avery decided to open up and cooperate.

As TMZ first reported, Avery was hauled to a nearby station and booked for battering a peace officer. He has since been released after posting bail.

i would of said come back without your capstun, taser, baton and guns. avery is badass

Old
08-05-2011, 11:56 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

A little embarrassing for the organization and fans, and it certainly doesn't help his reputation, but it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
NYR Viper

......thats a great way to go about it. You will definitely get very good treatment by the police if you go that route

Old
08-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:

Oh Avery

Old
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

We're seeing such professional journalism today

http://twitter.com/#!/andystrickland...10118986678272

Quote:
Word is Sean Avery turtled before LA 5.0 slapped the cuffs on him #Rangers

Old
08-05-2011, 12:03 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I've had enough of this guy. He's a distraction. This is not the Ranger way...

get rid of him....

Old
08-05-2011, 12:05 PM
SERE 24
LGR

It's really not a big deal.

Chances are somebody was using drugs at the party and Sean shoved the cop out of the doorway, slammed the door, told everybody to clean up their **** and then re-opened the door.

And it's a shove. Relax people. Sociopath is extremely overboard. This doesn't make Sean Avery a bad guy. He probably ends up paying bail and having to go to trial because he saved a friend or guest from getting arrested as well. It is true, everything he does is amplified. With the reactions I've seen today (here and main board) you'd think Sean Avery beat the cop within an inch of his life. A shove. Get over it. He'll pay the proper penalty and that's that.

Old
08-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Should have just turned off his Right Said Fred, and've been done with it.

Old
08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Doyle

Could Sean Avery’s Arrest Excuse a Buyout?
http://nhlhotstove.com/could-sean-av...cuse-a-buyout/

Closed Thread