HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sean Avery arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2011, 11:11 AM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
some of the reactions here, you would think avery got a dui or brought a gun in a strip club or something. not a big deal people.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:11 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I've had enough of this guy. He's a distraction. This is not the Ranger way...

get rid of him....
Completely agree. I like Avery, but this kind of crap pushes me over the edge. It's bad for hockey and the New York Rangers. Send his ass to the AHL and give someone else (Thomas, MZA, Hagelin, etc...) a shot. Enough of this circus already & the guy was mostly ineffective last year.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Should have just turned off his Right Said Fred, and've been done with it.
HAHAHAHAHA! That is ****ing classic man!

Old
08-05-2011, 11:12 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
some of the reactions here, you would think avery got a dui or brought a gun in a strip club or something. not a big deal people.
Scrapping with police isn't a "big deal"? WTF?

Old
08-05-2011, 11:13 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
"scrapping" see what i mean.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:14 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Scrapping?

That's exactly what we're talking about. He shoved one police officer, one time. That's not a scrap. And it's probably because one his guests was doing something Avery didn't want the officers to see, so he slammed the door, told people to get it together and re-opened.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:14 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
It's really not a big deal.

Chances are somebody was using drugs at the party and Sean shoved the cop out of the doorway, slammed the door, told everybody to clean up their **** and then re-opened the door.

And it's a shove. Relax people. Sociopath is extremely overboard. This doesn't make Sean Avery a bad guy. He probably ends up paying bail and having to go to trial because he saved a friend or guest from getting arrested as well. It is true, everything he does is amplified. With the reactions I've seen today (here and main board) you'd think Sean Avery beat the cop within an inch of his life. A shove. Get over it. He'll pay the proper penalty and that's that.
It's a pattern, and a distraction to a class organization. As a partier myself, I get it...not a big deal, in and of itself.

Oh and he sucks at hockey, now. Not worth the sideshow.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
It's a pattern, and a distraction to a class organization. As a partier myself, I get it...not a big deal, in and of itself.

sometimes **** happens, and enough with this not classy ****. what makes the rangers more classy than the next sports team. guy never had a legal incident till now. over reaction.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
"scrapping" see what i mean.
scrap2 Informal
n
a fight or argument
vb scraps, scrapping, scrapped
(intr) to quarrel or fight

This didn't qualify as a "quarrel or fight"? Really? What do YOU mean?

Old
08-05-2011, 11:19 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Scrapping?

That's exactly what we're talking about. He shoved one police officer, one time. That's not a scrap. And it's probably because one his guests was doing something Avery didn't want the officers to see, so he slammed the door, told people to get it together and re-opened.
See definition above.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:20 AM
haveandare

My God everyone is SO soft. He's a sociopath!? Get real. He's a distraction? What, because he got arrested under circumstances that we're relying on TMZ to tell us about? What world do some of you live in?

Oh Jeez, a gossip rag that exists to prop up a horrendous television show said Avery disrespected the LAPD, possibly the most notoriously crooked and unscrupulous PD in America, it's all over now! No one will ever respect the Rangers again!

All sarcasm aside we know so little about the situation. The LAPD is not a bastion of civil law enforcement by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not saying that all members of the LAPD deserve the treatment that Avery gave them but I am saying that its not at all impossible that they came to him with a less than congenial attitude themselves and/or were just as rigid and unfriendly as he was. Does that allow one to treat them that way? In my opinion, yes, if you're willing to deal with the results, which will likely be very, very small for Avery. I hate this idea that the police are always right no matter what and if you disrespect them you're a bad person no matter what. They're people just like everyone else and in many cases they're in the wrong. Being able to pass a police test and wear a badge doesn't make you a perfect person. Let's see how the details shake out from a real news source - not one that primarily addresses Hollywood BS.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:21 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Eh, don't care. Stupid of him, but really not all that egregious. If he was an NFL or NBA player, this wouldn't even be a news story.

RANGERS =
Old
chip chipperson*

Quote:
scrap2 Informal
n
a fight or argument
vb scraps, scrapping, scrapped
(intr) to quarrel or fight

This didn't qualify as a "quarrel or fight"? Really? What do YOU mean?
so if i shove you out of my way and you did nothing i could go around telling people we got in a fight and i won. horrible example. not a scrap and you know it.

Old
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:

Yeah, he's probably a spare forward this year and that's it for his Rangers days, but the kind of hockey player he is is actually completely irrelevant to this conversation. It's simply not a big deal. And all of his teammates seem to like him regardless of whether fans find this distracting or not. It might not be the best publicity for the team, but I doubt anyone is pausing their summer workouts to worry about Sean or anything. As far as the locker room goes, I'm pretty sure he's their boy and they support him and that's the end of it. People just love to blow these things out of proportion. Regardless of where he fits on this team, the incident is trivial.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:23 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
See definition above.
Yeah, not a scrap. Give it up. Shoving a person, one time, is not a fight or quarrel. It's a shove.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:23 AM
chip chipperson*

if avery is a sociopath and a distraction, i wonder what burress, stalworth (killed a guy), kobe bryant and braylon edwards are.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
NYR Viper

Or even better...Pacman Jones

Old
08-05-2011, 11:25 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
if avery is a sociopath and a distraction, i wonder what burress, stalworth (killed a guy), kobe bryant and braylon edwards are.
Let's not forget Ray Lewis, Paul Pierce, Michael Vick, etc.

Old
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Or even better...Pacman Jones
i personally dont mind his making it rain policy.

Old
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
really? If you were making millions of dollars and at a televised interview where you're representing your company you'd say that? awesome.
That's exactly what I said...

We all expect pro athletes to conduct themselves like Derek Jeter at all times. It's an absurd expectation. I find it refreshing when people are real, and the "sloppy seconds incident" was nothing more than that. These guys shouldn't be held to a higher moral standard, they're paid to whack a puck around a fight each other for ****'s sake, and no one is going to cancel their season tickets because there's a guys who speaks his mind on the team.

Old
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
so if i shove you out of my way and you did nothing i could go around telling people we got in a fight and i won. horrible example. not a scrap and you know it.
Oh, please. "QUARREL" or fight. And that's exactly how I meant it and how I interpret "scrapping". I said the right thing. If someone said me and the wife were scrapping last night, would you interpret that as a knock down drag out fight or a nasty argument? The reports indicated that he was taunting police and acting like a punk, like usual.

I like Avery, but he's worn out his welcome as far as I'm concerned, no matter how much you over-analyze one word in my statement.

Old
haveandare

Quote:
They're all upstanding citizens because they never said anything about Phaneuf's girlfriend. Duh.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:27 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Yeah, not a scrap. Give it up. Shoving a person, one time, is not a fight or quarrel. It's a shove.
From LA Times:

"Avery, 31, is alleged to have argued with officers before pushing one and slamming the door, said LAPD Officer Cleon Joseph. "

Keyword: "argued" which was in the definition. You give it up.

Old
08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Oh, please. "QUARREL" or fight. And that's exactly how I meant it and how I interpret "scrapping". I said the right thing. If someone said me and the wife were scrapping last night, would you interpret that as a knock down drag out fight or a nasty argument? The reports indicated that he was taunting police and acting like a punk, like usual.

I like Avery, but he's worn out his welcome as far as I'm concerned, no matter how much you over-analyze one word in my statement.
in case you didnt know it a scrap in hockey lingo means the gloves are dropped and punches are thrown. if it was an argument, you should have said argument. but you didnt because your over reacting. the fact that your running to a dictionary is embarrasing

Old
08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

All of this ******** aside, I am expecting a solid season from Avery. As much as people suddenly hate the guy, he's the type of guy you want WHEN he plays his game.

Closed Thread