HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev signs with KHL's Atlant Mytishchi (updated Aug 3)

Old
08-05-2011, 02:27 PM
PensFan6687

vCash: 500
Anyway this topic should be locked up. I believe we discussed it to the point nothing more needs to be said. We're not getting him and he's signed to a KHL team. Talking about what could have been is not productive anyway. Time to move on, so that's what I'm going to do. Later thread! *waves*

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
jimsabo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Lets not use his best season stat that was from years ago (see Calgary's perspective on Leeman for Gilmour as a history lesson to that: never rate a player based on a past season), but look at how much he got last year. That is more-so the stat to go on with someone like Zherdev. More-so with him than anyone else you base his value on what he has done lately, which is being a year removed from the NHL and not even making noise last year when he was an NHLer. Or how about when he doesn't perform when not happy, which can be any other year.. 10 goals and 32 points in 70-plus games. Jumping back and forth from Russia to the NHL. He's very one dimensional, lazy, and does not play in big important games. He was invisible for the Rangers in their playoff run when he was on their team. If he's not picking up his assignments, or producing as that 61 point player he's not worth that 2 million. It's questionable who you'll be getting out there.

And I don't care that Philly had lots of depth, they also had a run-and-gun offence with their forwards. I am glad he's in the KHL. He didn't fit the team mold. Even if they did attempt to sign him. That was just a reach signing anyway.
So why did the Jets try to sign him then?

What is Eric Fehr's best season in the NHL? They are both the same age ... yet Fehr only managed 39 pts in his BEST NHL season ... is Fehr a good signing? What about Jaffrey? Jaffrey is 5 years older than Zherdev and has only played in 20 games ... is he too lazy also?

jimsabo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 02:34 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsabo21 View Post
So why did the Jets try to sign him then?

What is Eric Fehr's best season in the NHL? They are both the same age ... yet Fehr only managed 39 pts in his BEST NHL season ... is Fehr a good signing? What about Jaffrey? Jaffrey is 5 years older than Zherdev and has only played in 20 games ... is he too lazy also?
Again, it was a reach signing, and explain why 29 other teams didn't want him... it was a reach. No other way. I even posted that and you quoted me as I edited my aforementioned post. Dangit!

Anyway, I said I am not discussing this anymore. It's pointless, so toodles. I'll see you in the other threads.

Old
08-05-2011, 02:36 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Anyway this topic should be locked up. I believe we discussed it to the point nothing more needs to be said. We're not getting him and he's signed to a KHL team. Talking about what could have been is not productive anyway. Time to move on, so that's what I'm going to do. Later thread! *waves*
Agreed, I think its on the verge of turning into senseless bickering. Though sometimes that's fun

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 02:41 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Agreed, I think its on the verge of turning into senseless bickering. Though sometimes that's fun
That's all that HF is. Fans senselessly bickering over a team(s) and/or player(s) they think but don't have control over (count me as one), instead could be doing much more productive things with their time. To us this stuff means a lot. To the rest of the world they are like, "Get a life." hehe

I call it OCD. It is an obsessive compulsive disorder to discuss things to death, especially stuff that is really insignificant and irrelevant in our lives and to the outside observer. But we do it because we simply don't care that it has no significance to others, it does to us. And why? Because it's a great time waster and it's addictive. Most of us don't know better, and for those who do, well, they simply shrug and go "meh." I am that person. *shrugs* "Meh."

Old
08-05-2011, 02:42 PM
jimsabo21

Although I REALLY WANTED Zherdev to sign with the Jets - I am happy today. Why? Because I at least know the Jets made an offer to the guy. That tells me our management isn't closed minded to these types of players.

They couldn't come to an agreement - and that is fine. Happens all the time. Jets made an offer. Zherdev sounded sincere about wanting to play in Winnipeg. At the end of the day, a KHL team paid him more money.

Had Zherdev not signed in Winnipeg cuz of "cold winters" - I'd be pissed. Had Jets not been interested in Zherdev I'd be concerned too ... but neither happened. It came down to dollars and cents, and we lost ... that is the world of free agency.

jimsabo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Jet
Bogo Believer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Zherdev is not worth the two million the KHL team gave him.
I disagree.

a guy with 30 goal 60 point potential usually earns significantly more than that in the NHL.

08-05-2011, 05:56 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I disagree.

a guy with 30 goal 60 point potential usually earns significantly more than that in the NHL.
Yes but is he a 30-30 guy? Never scored 30 goals and only once hit 60 or more points (61)... and all he is at this point is potential which hasn't really been realized on a season-to-season level. I doubt we'll ever see him reach that potential now. By that even being a regular NHLer vs. even being a constant 60 point producer.

Anyway, bye thread. LEAVE ME ALONE! Stop haunting me with your seductive allure!!!

Just die already, the reason for discussion is now past tense people. Lets now live in the present and work towards the future. WE CAN DOOOO IT!