HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Where were you when?

Old
08-05-2011, 09:59 PM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
Where were you when?

You heard that Carter and Ritchie were both sent packing ?And what was your first reaction ?

I was visiting a buddy of mine up in South Jersey [rode my Harley up from Florida] and was sitting in his living room when i saw it scroll by on the ticker at the bottom of the screen....I had not seen any T.V for a few days during my ride North and then to suddenly see it go across the screen that both Carter and Ritchie were traded damn near put me in shock for a few minutes.My buddy told his wife to fix us a few strong bourbons after a few minutes of waiting for the ticker to scroll back across the screen so we could be sure we saw what we thought we just say ! LOL.....That was a crazy evening.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 10:01 PM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
14th hole at a pretty nice course, ruined the rest of my round tbh.

Edit: girlfriend sent me a text that was "what the **** flyers?!"

I obviously couldn't resist looking after that

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 10:22 PM
JVR21
G

I was down the shore keeping up with moves on my phone since I didn't have access to internet on a computer. I was surprised to hear about the Carter move, but it had been speculated about for awhile and I didn't mind the return. Of course, the Richards news started to break soon after on here and twitter. At this point I'm getting texts from many people also surprised but excited by the news of the Carter trade. I had the "pleasure" of letting them know it wasn't over yet. Our captain was about to get shipped out of town. I then literally started shaking in shock and was freaking out for the rest of the day.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 10:27 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I was at Senior Week. I heard that Carter got traded and my immediate reaction, don't know why, was to take off my sandal and throw it at the door. When Richards got traded, I just stood on my porch in disbelief.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Heard about the Carter trade in the local Stop & Shop and Richards while at my girlfriend's house.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Driving in my car, listening to the radio and flipping through stations til I overheard it passing one of the sports stations. I pulled into a lot and listened for a good 10-15 minutes.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Was in the middle of watching a movie with my girlfriend when my friend called me.
Did not watch the end of the movie. NHL network went on in a rage

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I was asleep. Woke up and checked twitter, saw Carter had been traded. Figured wtf?
Got out of bed. Checked HF = crashed = WTFFFFFFFFF? no more Cannon

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Betts11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
I was asleep. Woke up and checked twitter, saw Carter had been traded. Figured wtf?
Got out of bed. Checked HF = crashed = WTFFFFFFFFF? no more Cannon
I almost did the same exact thing. But I have two monitors on my computer so I had HF on one screen and Twitter on the other one...refreshing non stop. Was in shock...I bought a copy of the philly daily news the next day. I put it in my collection of papers from the cup run.

Betts11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 11:45 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Was at work and checking hf occasionally, the first thing I saw was confirmed with link Bryzgalov signs in the trade and rumours page so i clocked on that from the main page and read it for a while then went down to the flyers section and saw Richards traded to LA Kings and went nuts. I was in complete and utter shock and disbelief just after being so happy that we now had our goalie.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Was in Puerto Rico, knew it was happening. When it happened I left the hotel room and sat by the pool.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 11:59 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Just arrived at my hotel in Minnesota to go to the NHL draft. Saw Carter got traded and immediately posted on facebook how pleased I was. Was super excited until my friend posted 'So what do you think about Richards?'

I thought he was talking about Brad Richards until I logged on HF and saw Mike Richards was traded to LA. Needless to say my night was ruined.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 12:24 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Was in Puerto Rico, knew it was happening. When it happened I left the hotel room and sat by the pool.
Wow. I'm glad to hear you were able to survive!

I showed up at work; checked HF because I hadn't been online all day. Said to myself, "Holy ****!". Then I got to work.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 12:51 AM
ayshplaysh

Was riding shotgun in the ambulance heading to pick some lady up, and then BAM! Text from my brother: "Carter and Richards both traded in separate trades." to which I responded "LOL, no they weren't." thinking he was just kidding with me. Only took me about a minute to find out just how wrong I was... needless to say I wasn't very talkative with the old lady on the way to the hospital...

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 01:17 AM
BrindamoursNose

In my dorm room at school (I have a summer job there).

I remember hearing the rumor, Tweeting to Eklund that he's a giant tool bag about making up the rumor, and then 10 minutes later, it was done.

I lost it and called 4 people immediately in hysterics.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 01:49 AM
PhillyFlying

i was at a friends house. she didn't have internet. i got a text from a buddy saying "dude...they did it. they traded carter." when i heard it was for voracek and the 8th as rumored, i was shocked but pleased with the return. then all of 10 minutes later he texts me saying "dude......now richie's rumored to be on the block." and 2 minutes later. "they did it. they traded richie." then i got a call from my brother containing multiple expletives and he suggested we fly out to minny to kill homer.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Slowbro

this thread is just an excuse to air out your displeasure with the trades. we have been there and done that. stop with the theatrics. good riddance to both of them. here is to hoping we are a better team in the next 2-5 years for it.

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 05:22 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
this thread is just an excuse to air out your displeasure with the trades. we have been there and done that. stop with the theatrics. good riddance to both of them. here is to hoping we are a better team in the next 2-5 years for it.
Been there and done that as well.

Either way, I was checking out nhl.com in anticipation of the rumored Carter trade and it was a pretty WTF moment to find out Richie is gone as well.

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Lol i remember seeing the Carter trade on hfboards and thinking what a great move we just made. Getting pretty much a huge return for him.

Then i saw the tweets of Richards. The awful one from timmy p, "Deal for Richards in place too!!!"

I thought it can't be true. There's just no way. Then boom. All hell broke lose. Couldn't talk for a good 2 hours.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:34 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I was at work. Left my phone behind to go to the courthouse. Got back. Checked Twitter. Went into frantic mode.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I was driving home from class. I had expected something to happen that day so I had WIP on to see if there was anything to report and was lucky enough to tune in as the news was breaking. I was pissed at first, threw my sun glasses onto the passenger seat and yelled what the **** at my radio. I had my top down so the person next to me had to assume i was on my bluletooth breaking up with my girlfriend or something like that. By the time I got home I had moved on to dinner.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:39 AM
bellis25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I was at work. Left my phone behind to go to the courthouse. Got back. Checked Twitter. Went into frantic mode.
Scary, i too was at work, had to go to the court house at 4 and recieved twitter updates on my phone before i went into the court room (got to turn that shiz off)

My reaction was, carter i saw comming but richards wtf.I thought the flyers got a nice return for carter, but im still skeptical about dealing richards.

bellis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:32 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
I disagree 100%, you have seriously read too much into the original post.....Yes i was shocked and taken back a bit when i first heard that both were dealt away as i am sure 99% of most people who follow the NHL....But after learning who we got in the trades etc, i am fine with it.I have never been a big Homer hater etc, rather have him than 90% of the rest of the leagues GM.I understand that professional sports are in the entertainment business, and the Flyers certainly do entertain like no other Philadelphia sports team, which is why they are successful.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Lucky Luke

I was making grilled cheese sandwiches.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

I was at home and want to go to bed with my girlfriend. But want to check a last time HF Board to see if someone is moved in the nhl.

And boom i see the Carter Trade.... I lean back and must take a breath. Told my Girlfriend that i coming and see the Richie trade.

I go to bed 6 hours later and she is very angry for 2 days ^^

"it is what it is" i told her

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote