HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs draft Nathan Beaulieu 17th overall!

Old
08-06-2011, 10:19 PM

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Gorges seems vocal and maintains a good relationship with the group from the interviews and little pieces I read. Captained Kelowna to a Mem Cup and captained the WHL team in some tournament IIRC. So he's been there, done that. The REAL question is whether the org will keep him around.
I demand proof!!

2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:05 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Seems like he had another great scrimmage tonight racking up an assist on a PP goal.

A guy that I my eyes on before the '10 draft was Smith-Pelly.. This guy plays HUGE! He probably will be making the team, IMO.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:59 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Seems like he had another great scrimmage tonight racking up an assist on a PP goal.

A guy that I my eyes on before the '10 draft was Smith-Pelly.. This guy plays HUGE! He probably will be making the team, IMO.
Yup I watched DSP on Mississauga's team and he's a very smart player. He doesn't have the high-skill finesse. He's blue collar and he embraces it and does well.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
I demand proof!!
LOL, I miss these jokes

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 08:56 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Your overlooking something very important though. With the draft age at 18, you have only about 150ish players drafted every year who have no "real serious" hope. But if you extend the draft age to 20, all of a sudden you have 5000 kids a year who are falsely chasing that dream of becoming a late bloomer because their dream of getting drafted is still alive.

We need these 18-20 year olds in our society to focus on becoming a contributing member of society, not chasing a pipe dream.
Good point, but you sound a bit like Chairman Mao!

True though, 18-22 is an important time for all of us, and if you waste it, you can't get it back. I think that's what you mean yes?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:12 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Good point, but you sound a bit like Chairman Mao!

True though, 18-22 is an important time for all of us, and if you waste it, you can't get it back. I think that's what you mean yes?
At least the 2000ish 16-20 year olds playing in the CHL (OHL, WHL) are getting scholarships to university but across the country you have probably another 5000-10000 16-20 year olds playing jr A , B etc.. I know a lot of 17-18 year olds that move away to play jr A because they love hockey and they still dream of making it to the OHL at least. But by the time they are 19, they realize they haven't made it and they move on with their life.

If you changed the draft age to 20, your going to have all these jr A/B tweeners playing until they are 19-20 when they don't have a realistic hope

Why do that to a couple thousand Canadian kids so a few NHL teams can have a slightly better track record; when it's going to be pretty much the exact same core of kids drafted ar 18 as there would be at 20

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote