HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

How much money do you spend a year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM
  #1
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
How much money do you spend a year?

Just curious as to how much $$$$$$ do some of you spend over the course of Hockey season going to games, buying jerseys, paying for parking, concessions etc ? I am sure some of the numbers will be more than many might realize ? For example

Last year i figure i spent 2500 dollars going to Minor league games in Pensacola and one game up in Philly, and one game in Nashville.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 10:28 PM
  #2
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,262
vCash: 500
About $150-200 maybe.

OriginJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:30 PM
  #3
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,339
vCash: 500
me personally? I paid $10 to see the Flyers play in Columbus last season.


Now that I'm home from school for good, I expect to rise a bit. I suppose I need money first though

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:36 PM
  #4
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,600
vCash: 500
$200-300 bucks. my bro gets me $50-80 club box tickets to select home games through his work (AT&T). i used to go to a lot of phantom games but since they moved i didn't spend quite as much as i have in the past last year.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:56 PM
  #5
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.
 
COMCASTMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PHI in PGH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,092
vCash: 500
Have lived in Pittsburgh for all of 2011, but in 2010 I paid $30 to see game 4 against Boston.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 05:26 AM
  #6
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Jersey cost me $250 last year, it's my second.
Internet costs me $45 a month

When the NHL came to london we each spent around $200 to get down to london to watch it. Well worth it.

Oh and about 3000 hours in sleep lost. Thats probably the most expensive thing.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 08:41 AM
  #7
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,481
vCash: 500
I pay $20 or so a month for GameCentre. Didn't go to any NHL games this season and only 2 OHL games. Gotta change that!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 09:50 AM
  #8
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
$2715 for games and parking (that's half a season for 2 seats, lower-ish part of upper level).
Probably another $500 or so in food (don't drink, don't always eat at games)

Don't buy a jersey every year or a ton of other stuff, but I guess $3500 a year is accurate.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:39 AM
  #9
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
$2715 for games and parking (that's half a season for 2 seats, lower-ish part of upper level).
Probably another $500 or so in food (don't drink, don't always eat at games)

Don't buy a jersey every year or a ton of other stuff, but I guess $3500 a year is accurate.
Jesus christ. Thats only for half a season??

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:43 AM
  #10
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,700
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Since I moved to central PA not that much. I used to go to 3-4 games a year but I haven't been to a game since game 82 of 09-10. I only buy a jersey when I get "attached" to a player. I had two Richards jerseys

I'll probably get my wife to get me a jersey for X-Mas this year, just not sure of whom yet. Gotta pick a new favorite player. Probably Kimmo, maybe one of the new guys.

So prob like $100-$200 a year, unless I buy a jersey.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:48 AM
  #11
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,965
vCash: 500
Last year? $500.
This year? $4000+

Bought season tickets for the first time, at the moment I'm regretting it but whatever. I'll be most likely selling some of them on here when the time comes if interested. Also normally buy multiple jerseys a year.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:52 AM
  #12
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Since I moved to central PA not that much. I used to go to 3-4 games a year but I haven't been to a game since game 82 of 09-10. I only buy a jersey when I get "attached" to a player. I had two Richards jerseys

I'll probably get my wife to get me a jersey for X-Mas this year, just not sure of whom yet. Gotta pick a new favorite player. Probably Kimmo, maybe one of the new guys.

So prob like $100-$200 a year, unless I buy a jersey.
I got my authentic Richards jersey this past year for Christmas. The year before I got an authentic Gagne jersey. I picked those two cause I figured they would be Flyers forever. I didn't even get a full season w/ the jersey before they were traded. Just my sh!tty luck I guess, lol.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 10:54 AM
  #13
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Jesus christ. Thats only for half a season??
Yep. And upper level! Can you imagine what Sign Guy pays?

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:30 AM
  #14
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Last year? $500.
This year? $4000+

Bought season tickets for the first time, at the moment I'm regretting it but whatever. I'll be most likely selling some of them on here when the time comes if interested. Also normally buy multiple jerseys a year.
Hopefully this years club will gel quickly and your 4k will be worth it !If i still lived up in South Jersey where i grew up i would do everything possible to have season tickets.....I really miss driving across the Walt Whitman bridge and going to the games in Philly.Especially the Flyers and Phillies games.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:33 AM
  #15
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Last year? $500.
This year? $4000+

Bought season tickets for the first time, at the moment I'm regretting it but whatever. I'll be most likely selling some of them on here when the time comes if interested. Also normally buy multiple jerseys a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Yep. And upper level! Can you imagine what Sign Guy pays?
Wow, That scares me a little. On the plus side, If I wanted to see the flyers it would cost me around $3000, and thats being conservative

Once GameCenter becomes available to the UK i'll probably get it. I still don't trust ESPN 360.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:37 AM
  #16
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Hopefully this years club will gel quickly and your 4k will be worth it !If i still lived up in South Jersey where i grew up i would do everything possible to have season tickets.....I really miss driving across the Walt Whitman bridge and going to the games in Philly.Especially the Flyers and Phillies games.
I'm not regretting it for the team that's being put on the ice. I like the team. I'm just only 19 so it's not really a smart financial decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Wow, That scares me a little. On the plus side, If I wanted to see the flyers it would cost me around $3000, and thats being conservative

Once GameCenter becomes available to the UK i'll probably get it. I still don't trust ESPN 360.
Just think, when Lebron signed with the Heat you could get season tickets in the upper level for the Panthers for $246 each and $943 for lower level. Price you have to pay to be a fan of a good team.
.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:38 AM
  #17
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Wow, That scares me a little. On the plus side, If I wanted to see the flyers it would cost me around $3000, and thats being conservative

Once GameCenter becomes available to the UK i'll probably get it. I still don't trust ESPN 360.
You can't get it in Europe? That surprises me, I figured they'd want to make it available everywhere and there are a lot of NHL fans in Europe.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:40 AM
  #18
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I got my authentic Richards jersey this past year for Christmas. The year before I got an authentic Gagne jersey. I picked those two cause I figured they would be Flyers forever. I didn't even get a full season w/ the jersey before they were traded. Just my sh!tty luck I guess, lol.
That sucks. I don't think I'm buying any customized jerseys anymore, I have 2 Richards ones and my friend got me a knock off Briere a few weeks ago as a present from a flea market.

Just a word of warning, if you get a Giroux this year I'm going to hunt you down!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:47 AM
  #19
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Yep. And upper level! Can you imagine what Sign Guy pays?
With the new row structuring costs, even the lower upper level is getting costlier... Being in the second row, what was expensive in the past now takes a 23.5% bump... I hate to total what I spend per season -- long postseasons are expensive -- we attend over half the games and usually make at least one road game per year. We eat before the game but spend little on in-game snacks; we refrain from drinking beer at games a the greatly inflated prices... Transportation and parking keeps rising as gas, tolls and parking lot go up. We but jerseys and caps for the games and that also adds to the bottom line... I really don't want to put the pieces together and see the damage.

This last 23.5% increase may be the final straw that chases off our partner who buys the other half of the season... while upper rows and more center ice my have seen reduced ticket prices our spot made up for it, and after seasons of his *****ing he my finally put up on his threats and call it quits after over Forty seasons as a season ticket holder... I on the other hand will continue to be one of the lemmings who go over that cliff year in and year out... Just don't torture me by making me total up the cost of my evil obsession.

... And yes, Sign Man must pay a king's ransom for his seat... but on the other hand Dancing Guy Shawney most likely got cut a break with the seat row restructuring and before that got to see an entire season for the cost of my half season share -- and his orange t-shirts cost well less than our jerseys haha.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:56 AM
  #20
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
You can't get it in Europe? That surprises me, I figured they'd want to make it available everywhere and there are a lot of NHL fans in Europe.
Yeah you would think that wouldn't ya. The NHL is missing out on a massive fanbase in the UK. Tried to get it and we get the same message, "buy espn 360". It's awful for reliability. Some people have 0 problems, others can't watch a game all year, not going to waste absurd amounts of money for that when i can get the same reliability from illegal streams onlien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
That sucks. I don't think I'm buying any customized jerseys anymore, I have 2 Richards ones and my friend got me a knock off Briere a few weeks ago as a present from a flea market.

Just a word of warning, if you get a Giroux this year I'm going to hunt you down!
Agreed with this. Just to expand, please stop buying jerseys!

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:16 PM
  #21
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Wow, That scares me a little. On the plus side, If I wanted to see the flyers it would cost me around $3000, and thats being conservative

Once GameCenter becomes available to the UK i'll probably get it. I still don't trust ESPN 360.
Just curious,what made you become a Flyers fan living over in Great Britain ?Hopefully game center will become available to you soon before the season gets under way !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:21 PM
  #22
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,989
vCash: 500
Sadly, and usually, none. I've... never even been to a Flyers game .

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:13 PM
  #23
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
With the new row structuring costs, even the lower upper level is getting costlier... Being in the second row, what was expensive in the past now takes a 23.5% bump... I hate to total what I spend per season -- long postseasons are expensive -- we attend over half the games and usually make at least one road game per year. We eat before the game but spend little on in-game snacks; we refrain from drinking beer at games a the greatly inflated prices... Transportation and parking keeps rising as gas, tolls and parking lot go up. We but jerseys and caps for the games and that also adds to the bottom line... I really don't want to put the pieces together and see the damage.

This last 23.5% increase may be the final straw that chases off our partner who buys the other half of the season... while upper rows and more center ice my have seen reduced ticket prices our spot made up for it, and after seasons of his *****ing he my finally put up on his threats and call it quits after over Forty seasons as a season ticket holder... I on the other hand will continue to be one of the lemmings who go over that cliff year in and year out... Just don't torture me by making me total up the cost of my evil obsession.

... And yes, Sign Man must pay a king's ransom for his seat... but on the other hand Dancing Guy Shawney most likely got cut a break with the seat row restructuring and before that got to see an entire season for the cost of my half season share -- and his orange t-shirts cost well less than our jerseys haha.
We are very similar. We're in row 6 of 210, our costs didn't go up tooooo much. But yes, lemmings is probably a good term.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 01:40 PM
  #24
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Just curious as to how much $$$$$$ do some of you spend over the course of Hockey season going to games, buying jerseys, paying for parking, concessions etc ? I am sure some of the numbers will be more than many might realize ? For example

Last year i figure i spent 2500 dollars going to Minor league games in Pensacola and one game up in Philly, and one game in Nashville.

You live in Pensacola? How are the games there? I'm over in Mobile.

I figure I spend 100-200 dollars a year on jerseys and t-shirts and such. I'd spend more if I could actually attend some hockey games though.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 02:11 PM
  #25
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Just curious,what made you become a Flyers fan living over in Great Britain ?Hopefully game center will become available to you soon before the season gets under way !
Me and my buddies were hanging out at someone's house about 11 years ago, he brought over NHL 2000 I think. First time we played it, all hooked. The guy that brought the game over had a friend that supported the sharks, so he immediatly became a sharks fan. I had to find a team that had the same rating as the sharks so the games were even. Flyers were the only other team so i picked them, and the rest is history

Funny thing is, that the flyers are now my sports team over all others. I was thinking about it the other day, and choosing between Wales winning the rugby world cup and the Flyers winning the stanley cup was so close i can't decide.

Manchester united - football
Newport Dragons + Wales - Rugby
St Helens - Rugby League. My team have folded for the second time.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.