HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

OT: Broncos/Chiefs, Monday Night Football

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2005, 11:55 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LS9
What a game!! Broncos dominated fromstart to finish. We are now officially 1st in the division (yea, we're tied... so what, hehe).

Awesome MNF game. Great effort all around, Broncos!
What an @$$whoopin'. Love the fact that Shanahan threw the replay flag just to take away Kennison's TD and ended up taking the entire catch, 1st down and all.

And Trevor Pryce's game was SHOCKING. He was so dominant he forced the vaunted Chiefs' O-Line into a ton of holding penalties.

Only blemishes on the game are the injuries to Champ and Rod Smith. I'm sure Rod'll be ready, not too confident on Champ.

Ah well...we proved the Chiefs are NOT all that. GO BRONCOS!

Old
09-26-2005, 11:59 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
What an @$$whoopin'. Love the fact that Shanahan threw the replay flag just to take away Kennison's TD and ended up taking the entire catch, 1st down and all.

And Trevor Pryce's game was SHOCKING. He was so dominant he forced the vaunted Chiefs' O-Line into a ton of holding penalties.

Only blemishes on the game are the injuries to Champ and Rod Smith. I'm sure Rod'll be ready, not too confident on Champ.

Ah well...we proved the Chiefs are NOT all that. GO BRONCOS!
I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith play on Sunday. Champ should play if it's a hamstring strain. If he pulled it... then it may take a while. May miss one week at worst case.

Either way, what matters is the hard fought "W" the Broncos got. Can you feel the momentum starting to build? I can

Old
09-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Last thoughts from me on this...

Apart from Lenny Walls's disinterested play (seriously, after watching him cramp up after one series in Miami and then putting in that half-**sed effort on the tackle, is this fool even in shape!?) the Broncos played pretty much a flawless game. Trevor Pryce and the Cleveland Four were unbelievable. And after a rough start to the season, John Lynch was simply all over the place.

Mike Anderson clearly gave up the pot in the offseason and came to camp this year in prime condition. He's displaying speed akin to Terrell's.

Establish the run game early and often, keep Jake to bootlegs, rollouts, and very quick 3-step drops and we might be onto something.

Back to Florida...yeesh...we better beat those SOBs...I HATE JACKSONVILLE!!!

Old
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Nice win Browncos

Old
09-27-2005, 12:02 PM
dwkdnvr

Not to be a downer after a great showing, but it's possible that the Broncos are every bit as good as they looked last night, but are STILL only the 4th best team in the AFC.

Still, it's finally looking like the D has enough meat across the board to start using their strengths (Pryce and fast linebackers) to make plays rather than just hold on. This could well round into one of the better units in the league, and be very fun to watch. (Or not - it's the Broncos after all.......)

Old
09-27-2005, 01:20 PM
TheAnalogKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
DJ is a nice choice. I'm thinking of a Darrent Williams jersey myself, he sports the number of my all-time favorite Bronco
Would that be #27 Steve Atwater? He was one of my favorites too.

In the 1990s it seems I liked a couple #27s. Shayne Corson was another until that traitor signed with the Leafs...

Anyways, good game. I actually stayed up until the final seconds ticked off, and it gave me a lot of optimism for the Donks' season.

Hopefully the loss to Miami was the one "soft" game they lose every year... get it out of the system boys, watch out Jacksonville!!!

Old
09-27-2005, 08:58 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

If it looks like Darrent Williams is going to reach his potential (which I think he will). I may be getting a #27 jersey myself.

Speaking of #27's... shouldn't Atwater be entering the ring of fame soon? It would take a player like Elway to get your number retired, but I would think he'll be in the Broncos ring of fame.

Old
09-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
If it looks like Darrent Williams is going to reach his potential (which I think he will). I may be getting a #27 jersey myself.

Speaking of #27's... shouldn't Atwater be entering the ring of fame soon? It would take a player like Elway to get your number retired, but I would think he'll be in the Broncos ring of fame.
Atwater is being inducted into the Ring of Fame this year. I think it is at halftime of the Redskins game.

Old
09-28-2005, 09:07 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenfoppa94
Atwater is being inducted into the Ring of Fame this year. I think it is at halftime of the Redskins game.
Sweet! He deserves it

Old
09-28-2005, 09:07 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
Nice win Browncos
lol

I JUST caught that, Jori. Very clever

Old
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
lol

I JUST caught that, Jori. Very clever
I can't take credit. The nickname has been around since Shanny brought in the former Browns.

Closed Thread