HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles' Football (NFL discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2011, 01:01 PM
mypunkrock

vCash: 500
Very stoked.

I'm visiting home next week, and someone my mom works with gave her his pre-season tickets to the game Thursday night.

This is my schedule Thursday.

Up at 5am Phoenix time.
Airport by 5:45.
Flight leaves at 7.
Land in Philly at 2:30 EST.
Go to the Linc from the airport.
Tailgate.
Iggles football, this will be my first game since a Philly-Baltimore preseason game in...1999 maybe?

I know I'll only get a series or two with the first team, but this will be my first time at the Linc, so I'm very excited. Any food recommendations?

Old
08-07-2011, 10:08 PM
mercury

Does anyone know if the game on Thursday will be watchable somehow in L.A.? NFL Network? Will I have to stream it?

Old
08-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
What is up with Jeremy Maclin?

Old
08-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
What is up with Jeremy Maclin?
Reportedly had Mononucleosis or a disease with similar symptoms earlier in the year and is seemingly still suffering effects from it. He's having trouble keeping the weight he put back on after losing some due to the illness. Tests are still being done, but for what it's worth he claimed that he'd be ready by season's start.

Old
08-08-2011, 02:30 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Does anyone know if the game on Thursday will be watchable somehow in L.A.? NFL Network? Will I have to stream it?
NFL Network on Thursday @ 7:30pm via their website:
Quote:
''Around the League'' - Preaseson 2011 LIVE Look-in - NFL Network takes you around the league with LIVE look-ins to each of NFL teams currently in action.
sounds like you could catch some of it or maybe just the highlights from there. will the eagles website stream it?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networ...d=selectedDate

Old
08-08-2011, 02:35 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Reportedly had Mononucleosis or a disease with similar symptoms earlier in the year and is seemingly still suffering effects from it. He's having trouble keeping the weight he put back on after losing some due to the illness. Tests are still being done, but for what it's worth he claimed that he'd be ready by season's start.
http://www.csnphilly.com/08/08/11/Mo...49&feedID=3041

Quote:
Head coach Andy Reid has said he expects Maclin back at practice fairly soon.

Old
08-08-2011, 04:57 PM
bennysflyers16

How's Phillip Hunt looked ?

Old
08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
IrishSniper87

DeSean Press Conference - To sum it up:

DeSean loves Philadelphia, but DeSean wants more money.

Old
08-08-2011, 06:55 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
NFL Network on Thursday @ 7:30pm via their website:

sounds like you could catch some of it or maybe just the highlights from there. will the eagles website stream it?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networ...d=selectedDate
Looks like they are replaying it in its entirety on Friday afternoon. I will DVR it.

Old
08-08-2011, 07:09 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
DeSean Press Conference - To sum it up:

DeSean loves Philadelphia, but DeSean wants more money.
Please tell me he's not doing the Rickey Henderson third person stuff.

Old
08-09-2011, 01:22 AM
97FlyersKing18

I really like the team the Eagles have put together, I would give anything to accumulate that much talent at the key core positions of my favorite NFL franchise.

However, I think the hype-machine needs to take a back seat to the team's on field performance. I understand that there is no football right now meaning all people can do it talk smack and show complete confidence in their team-mates, but what is wrong with staying mum and PROVING how great the team really is from start to finish. This team should have learned from the Big 3 in Miami that had a lot of issues early on in their 82 game season (NFL teams that have a bad/inconsistent first 1/2 the season often are already out of the division race unless you are San Diego).

I think Vick's stunt with the UFC Belt is very disrespectful to that other (better?) team in green that came into the Linc and beat up Philly, then went to ATL and Chicago before disposing the Steelers to win SuperBowl XLV. Have they crossed the proverbial line in August, before the preseason has even started and player a, b, or c on Team X gets injured, traded, or loses a tight battle for important touches?

The NFC race should be interesting, best of luck to the Eagles.

Old
08-09-2011, 03:16 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I really like the team the Eagles have put together, I would give anything to accumulate that much talent at the key core positions of my favorite NFL franchise.

However, I think the hype-machine needs to take a back seat to the team's on field performance. I understand that there is no football right now meaning all people can do it talk smack and show complete confidence in their team-mates, but what is wrong with staying mum and PROVING how great the team really is from start to finish. This team should have learned from the Big 3 in Miami that had a lot of issues early on in their 82 game season (NFL teams that have a bad/inconsistent first 1/2 the season often are already out of the division race unless you are San Diego).

I think Vick's stunt with the UFC Belt is very disrespectful to that other (better?) team in green that came into the Linc and beat up Philly, then went to ATL and Chicago before disposing the Steelers to win SuperBowl XLV. Have they crossed the proverbial line in August, before the preseason has even started and player a, b, or c on Team X gets injured, traded, or loses a tight battle for important touches?

The NFC race should be interesting, best of luck to the Eagles.
I think fans should be able to step back and realize that Vince Young started this "dream team" crap, and then the media ran off with it. Others involved with the Eagles have stated they don't care for the name.

People need to stop acting as if the Eagles are printing "Dream Team" on the tickets and selling the shirts. Young is an idiot and the media decided to latch onto his words. Get over it.

Old
08-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

It's a shame that the Eagles backup QB uttered 2 words that the media will use throughout the season at every chance they get, and after every turn - good or bad. Was it something he shouldn't have said? Probably, but for the most part the only reason it still is, and will be used is because it's easy for the national sports media and lazy journalists to fill some airtime or words on a sports column. I mean Philly fans haven't thrown snowballs at Santa in decades, and that'll probably stick to our grandchildren.

Old
08-10-2011, 02:11 AM
97FlyersKing18

I don't have an issue with the "Dream Team" name, the team looks amazing and matches up on paper with the other top teams in the NFC.

The National Audience (whatever that means) has an issue with Vick's "Championship Belt" interview over the weekend that deliberately disrespected Aaron Rodgers and the defending Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers. I was just wondering what some of you guys felt about the interview and ESPiN's premature crowning of the Eagles as Super Bowl XLVI Champions.

Hopefully all the kinks are ironed out in Pre-Season without injury.

Old
08-10-2011, 05:26 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Didn't VY use the "Dream Team" tag in a different sense?

I don't think he called the eagles a "Dream Team" in the sense of being the clear super bowl favourite from the NFC.

I seem to recall (and I could be wrong) that he only meant that at this stage in his career the eagles are the "Dream Team" for him to re-build his career.

Anyhow, the media should get the **** over that crap already. For 2 reasons:
1) The packers won the Super Bowl in a mostly convincing fashion last year despite having a ******** of injuries on key positions. With those players returning they shouldn't be a worse team.
2) The eagles d-coordinator is a ****ing o-line coach.

Old
08-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

That's probably the context in which he meant it, but when does the media ever care about context when they've got a juicy sound bite?

Old
08-10-2011, 06:58 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Eagles sign Steve Smith to a 1 year deal.

Old
08-10-2011, 07:18 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Good signing.

Old
08-10-2011, 07:19 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_28 View Post
2) The eagles d-coordinator is a ****ing o-line coach.
I hate this so much.

Old
08-10-2011, 09:44 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Steve Smith formerly of the NYG. Not bad. Pro-bowler at one point actually.

Old
08-10-2011, 10:31 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Wow I think I may have to hop on the Eagles bandwagon after what my team did last season and we didn't do anything except sign 1 safety because our defensive coordinator had him last season. Take a guess as to what my favorite team is lol

Old
08-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Dykhuis26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Good signing.
Makes me think they're not expecting Maclin to be right to start the season. This also likely shuts the door on a Desean Jackson extension... which could become disruptive.

Either way I'm not liking it right now.

Old
08-11-2011, 06:48 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykhuis26 View Post
Makes me think they're not expecting Maclin to be right to start the season. This also likely shuts the door on a Desean Jackson extension... which could become disruptive.

Either way I'm not liking it right now.
Smiths deal is 1 year 2 million dollars. The 2nd 2M is incentives and boosters that I have heard are highly unlikely to be reached. On those two topics....

Maclin: If they thought/knew he wouldn't be ready, they wouldn't replace him with a WR who definitely will not be ready for the beginning of the year.
Jackson: before this signing, they had 7M in cap room. Now they are around 5M. When Vick extends his deal, it will free up space as well. And I am sure we will cut a few guys who make some money. So there will be money there for Jackson, its just whether we wanna give it too him or not.

Old
08-11-2011, 11:21 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Maclin: If they thought/knew he wouldn't be ready, they wouldn't replace him with a WR who definitely will not be ready for the beginning of the year.
Good point. Smith might not be ready for the first few weeks.

Old
08-11-2011, 01:21 PM
mm6492

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ef=twitter.com

Quote:
Samuel and Rodgers-Cromartie are expected to start at left and right corner with Asomugha playing some nickel, likely because he has practiced so little. Nate Allen will start at strong safety, even though the Eagles have eased him into action after December knee surgery.

Quote:
Right guard Danny Watkins, middle linebacker Casey Matthews, kicker Alex Henery, and punter Chas Henry are rookies who will start

Closed Thread