HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise: How do we get him?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2011, 11:01 AM
  #26
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,566
vCash: 500
You sign the big 3. You trade two of our top three prospects and a first rounder. You offer him 30-35 million over 5 years.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:03 AM
  #27
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Black helicopter, burlap bag, flex cuffs .......
Chloroform, blackmail pictures of Lou with a farm animal, NJ falling into the ocean due to the chemicals in the soil finally rotting off a 1/3rd of the state......

(And you have access to all those things, why the hell isn't Radulov in the US?)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:05 AM
  #28
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
You sign him as a free agent. I think the chance of Lou trading him is absolute zero.
If Parise is untouchable, what about Zajac?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 12:18 PM
  #29
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
If Brodeur get's hurt and decides to retire and Lou thinks that their playoffs are done then he'll trade Parise if he hasn't signed yet for a long term deal and then he'll decide to rebuild and get as much out of Parise as he can. I heard someone post I think Lou will retire when Brodeur retires so he might then trade him and Parise might demand to be traded and his best shot at a cup would be with Weber and Suter and Rinne.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 12:23 PM
  #30
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Funny how people proposing trades like this for Weber get scoffed at and put down lol.
I don't think that was a proposal, it was in response to how could we end up with Parise. Fact is, short of dealing Suter or Weber, this is about the only way it COULD happen, not that it's LIKELY too.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 12:26 PM
  #31
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Black helicopter, burlap bag, flex cuffs .......
I had a similar idea, just without all of the details.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 01:20 PM
  #32
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
If Brodeur get's hurt and decides to retire and Lou thinks that their playoffs are done then he'll trade Parise if he hasn't signed yet for a long term deal and then he'll decide to rebuild and get as much out of Parise as he can. I heard someone post I think Lou will retire when Brodeur retires so he might then trade him and Parise might demand to be traded and his best shot at a cup would be with Weber and Suter and Rinne.
I never thought I would read a statement connecting "best shot a CUP" and "coming to the PREDS" in my life!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 01:23 PM
  #33
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I had a similar idea, just without all of the details.
Those aren't details ... that's the initial shopping list for supplies.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 01:26 PM
  #34
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
I don't think that was a proposal, it was in response to how could we end up with Parise. Fact is, short of dealing Suter or Weber, this is about the only way it COULD happen, not that it's LIKELY too.
yea apparently he didnt realize that

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 01:48 PM
  #35
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Funny how people proposing trades like this for Weber get scoffed at and put down lol.
Yeah except you didn't notice the obvious difference. The person you quoted only provided positions that would have to go back, not actual names. The Weber proposals are always specific. Specifically garbage. Please tone the anti-Nashville attitude down or go somewhere else. It's been four years now. I think we would all appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Black helicopter, burlap bag, flex cuffs .......
And we have a winner! (might want to take two helicopters and some explosives in case one is rendered inoperable)

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 03:25 PM
  #36
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
If the Devils don't feel reasonably comfortable that they've got a legit shot at the cup, it would be foolish not to trade him...even if they're going to make the playoffs as say, an 8 seed. You can't run the risk of losing a player like that for absolutely nothing, and even if you wait til the trade deadline to move him, there's still a huge payoff to be had. If Devils fans are so convinced that NJ is where he wants to be, then he can still re-sign there. If you're worried he might be wooed by a huge offer from Toronto or somewhere like that, then he's already gone anyway. If he's willing to go somewhere else, then there's no incentive to stay, barring massive overpayment.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 06:48 PM
  #37
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 36,852
vCash: 500
we don't

/thread

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 06:50 PM
  #38
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 36,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
You sign the big 3. You trade two of our top three prospects and a first rounder. You offer him 30-35 million over 5 years.
Very possible for many teams, but beyond what this team is willing to spend.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM
  #39
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
The chance of him becoming a UFA is absolute zero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
No. We won't. As long as we're in the playoff hunt, under no circumstances will Parise be traded. It's not the way Lou does business.

The above debate is what's most interesting to me: will Parise even hit the UFA market? And how does that affect the Preds? In my fantasy world, I'd like to get him as a UFA so we don't have to give anything up, BUT we obviously wouldn't be able to get him under those circumstances until after July 1, and we need to have Weber signed by then. If we had already extended Suter and Rinne, and Parise was going UFA, would Weber sign a long-term deal before July 1 based on the promise of us going after him? I doubt he would unless there had been some under-the-table talks with Parise already and we were reasonably sure he would sign with us. (Note: I know this is all a total fantasy situation. But what do you think?)

The other scenario would be trading for him, but wouldn't it be hard to get him without giving up one of either Suter or Weber in return? While you could argue it'd be worth it, it wouldn't be as amazeballs as the thought of having the Big Three AND Parise. Maybe if they dealt him at the deadline we wouldn't need to give up so much, since his becoming a UFA after the season would depress his value, especially relative to Weber's.

Of course the most likely scenario is that we don't get him at all and neither does anyone else, and he remains in NJ. But it's still fun to think about.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:28 PM
  #40
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
If the Devils don't feel reasonably comfortable that they've got a legit shot at the cup, it would be foolish not to trade him...even if they're going to make the playoffs as say, an 8 seed. You can't run the risk of losing a player like that for absolutely nothing, and even if you wait til the trade deadline to move him, there's still a huge payoff to be had. If Devils fans are so convinced that NJ is where he wants to be, then he can still re-sign there. If you're worried he might be wooed by a huge offer from Toronto or somewhere like that, then he's already gone anyway. If he's willing to go somewhere else, then there's no incentive to stay, barring massive overpayment.
I have the feeling that Lou and Brian Burke aren't good trading partners and Poile and Lou dealt on the Arnott deal so that Lou might want to deal for Weber to start out with but then Poile narrows it down to Wilson and Blum( I don't won't to loose him but) and two first round picks and maybe Lindback. Poile back is to the wall he maybe all in for this or something of this nature

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 11:57 PM
  #41
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,760
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
If the Devils don't feel reasonably comfortable that they've got a legit shot at the cup, it would be foolish not to trade him...even if they're going to make the playoffs as say, an 8 seed. You can't run the risk of losing a player like that for absolutely nothing, and even if you wait til the trade deadline to move him, there's still a huge payoff to be had. If Devils fans are so convinced that NJ is where he wants to be, then he can still re-sign there. If you're worried he might be wooed by a huge offer from Toronto or somewhere like that, then he's already gone anyway. If he's willing to go somewhere else, then there's no incentive to stay, barring massive overpayment.
The Devils haven't traded a player going into UFA outside of last season - not ever, that I recall. Scott Gomez, Brian Rafalski, Brian Gionta, John Madden, Bobby Holik, Scott Niedermayer doesn't really count since his last year was stolen by the lockout... the list goes on. Lou does not weaken his teams going into the playoffs period, end of story.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 12:46 AM
  #42
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
The Devils haven't traded a player going into UFA outside of last season - not ever, that I recall. Scott Gomez, Brian Rafalski, Brian Gionta, John Madden, Bobby Holik, Scott Niedermayer doesn't really count since his last year was stolen by the lockout... the list goes on. Lou does not weaken his teams going into the playoffs period, end of story.
Fair enough, we did the same thing with Dan Hamhuis, though the hope was to retain him if we made it to the second rd or beyond.

What if it's mid February and the devils are sitting in 12th or 13th, though? I'm just saying--if he were available, I think the Predators could make a package available that would soften the blow considerably.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 02:01 AM
  #43
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,643
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
If Parise is untouchable, what about Zajac?
Would need a equal if not better center coming back.


Zach/Travis are best friends. Team mates and people who meet them swear they were separated at birth.

As a great man once said " They go together like peas and carrots. "

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 02:04 AM
  #44
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,643
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Fair enough, we did the same thing with Dan Hamhuis, though the hope was to retain him if we made it to the second rd or beyond.

What if it's mid February and the devils are sitting in 12th or 13th, though? I'm just saying--if he were available, I think the Predators could make a package available that would soften the blow considerably.
We don't know what Lou would do. Never been in that situation, we traded Arnott at the deadline mostly due to the request of the player.

I conceive it would be possible and would cost similar to the Kovalchuk deal.

Young potential top 6 forward
Top 4 d-man
decent prospect that would fill a organizational weakness
1st round pick.

Might be able to swing something around Ekholm and Lindback maybe ?

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:33 AM
  #45
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
We don't know what Lou would do. Never been in that situation, we traded Arnott at the deadline mostly due to the request of the player.

I conceive it would be possible and would cost similar to the Kovalchuk deal.

Young potential top 6 forward
Top 4 d-man
decent prospect that would fill a organizational weakness
1st round pick.

Might be able to swing something around Ekholm and Lindback maybe ?
Let's deal !

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 02:55 PM
  #46
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
We don't know what Lou would do. Never been in that situation, we traded Arnott at the deadline mostly due to the request of the player.

I conceive it would be possible and would cost similar to the Kovalchuk deal.

Young potential top 6 forward
Top 4 d-man
decent prospect that would fill a organizational weakness
1st round pick.

Might be able to swing something around Ekholm and Lindback maybe ?
Wilson
Ekholm
Lindback
1st round pick

You might have to take salary back.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 01:32 AM
  #47
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,643
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Wilson
Ekholm
Lindback
1st round pick

You might have to take salary back.
Would say that's fair at the deadline if the Devils are out of it.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 01:39 AM
  #48
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Would say that's fair at the deadline if the Devils are out of it.
Then we would easily say no. Far to much for a possible rental for us.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:41 AM
  #49
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Would say that's fair at the deadline if the Devils are out of it.
LOL this guy's funny

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:15 AM
  #50
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Then we would easily say no. Far to much for a possible rental for us.
No kidding. If it's with a contract extension, since Suter should be re-signed by then, then that would be ok.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.