HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers try Hall at Centre

Old
01-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
The one nice thing about Hall at centre is the he demands and controls the puck insanely well, something we haven't seen from a centre since well... Messier.

If this were true, Hall wouldn't be getting pushed off the puck at the half boards on every single PP shift he takes.

I like Hall at C with Penner and Hemsky because its forcing him to work on his passing. But I don't want to see him pass in the offensive zone as much as he's trying, shoot the puck Hall!

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Enlighten

Bump

I was looking back at what we were seeing Hall was capable of at C and it got me thinking if the Oilers still might be planning on having Hall as their First line C in the near future.

He was really starting to show some real promise the short time he played C last season. Could our future 1/2 be Hall/RNH?

Eberle Hall Hemsky
PRV RNH Omark/Pitlick

Last edited by Enlighten: 08-08-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Enlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:26 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Personally I think that Hall and RNH will be joined at the hip. We probably have the wing depth to pull this off, however I'd rather a guy like Pitlick step into the 2C spot and let Taylor concentrate on being one of the highest scoring wingers in the game.