HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

How much money do you spend a year?

Old
08-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Last year probably a bit over 500?
This year probably 250-500

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Slowbro

vCash: 500
$0

maybe like 15 bucks if you count the couple beers i bought while watching the game at the bar

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
flountown

1900ish for season tickets, then average 10 bucks a game in gas and subway for the games I attend, last year did 36 regular season.

On select weekends ended up doing 5 Lexus Club packages, so thats another 38 bucks (Well worth it for inclusive food and beverage).

Other games probably average between 5-20 depending on if my buddy and I have a beer or two, or I grab a pretzel or something. After all is said and done, probably just over 3k last year, minus about 500 bucks made back from selling some tickets. This year my friend and I will be selling more just because it can be overwhelming to see that many games.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
1900ish for season tickets, then average 10 bucks a game in gas and subway for the games I attend, last year did 36 regular season.

On select weekends ended up doing 5 Lexus Club packages, so thats another 38 bucks (Well worth it for inclusive food and beverage).

Other games probably average between 5-20 depending on if my buddy and I have a beer or two, or I grab a pretzel or something. After all is said and done, probably just over 3k last year, minus about 500 bucks made back from selling some tickets. This year my friend and I will be selling more just because it can be overwhelming to see that many games.
If by overwhelming you mean attending so many games, I agree... a full season plus a decent postseason, in all sorts of weather and other conditions is a lot... especially when there are tightly pact home-stands causing a few games in a single week. Half a season+ selected in a well spread fashion is great for my son and myself... with the other games watched at home, and an occasional roadie.

If by overwhelming you mean cost-wise... I also agree.

Back in the days when Cable was scarce and home games were rare on TV... and ticket prices were cheap, as well as all the associated costs -- like parking on the street down and quarter bridges and sub-buck gallons of gas -- full season ticket attendance was more manageable... although it was still a lot of nights out of the house. That was many many years ago, as I assume you can guess. haha

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 07:33 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
You live in Pensacola? How are the games there? I'm over in Mobile.

I figure I spend 100-200 dollars a year on jerseys and t-shirts and such. I'd spend more if I could actually attend some hockey games though.
I live about 50 miles east of Pensacola just across the bridge from Destin in a little town called Niceville.The games in Pensacola are not bad, although i liked it better when Pensacola had a team in the ECHL.I got to see quite a few players through the years that are now in the NHL. The team is owned by former Flyer great Tim Kerr and is now part of the SPHL.Mobile had a team in the ECHL years ago also, it was a great rivalry between them and Pensacola etc back then.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
If by overwhelming you mean attending so many games, I agree... a full season plus a decent postseason, in all sorts of weather and other conditions is a lot... especially when there are tightly pact home-stands causing a few games in a single week. Half a season+ selected in a well spread fashion is great for my son and myself... with the other games watched at home, and an occasional roadie.

If by overwhelming you mean cost-wise... I also agree.

Back in the days when Cable was scarce and home games were rare on TV... and ticket prices were cheap, as well as all the associated costs -- like parking on the street down and quarter bridges and sub-buck gallons of gas -- full season ticket attendance was more manageable... although it was still a lot of nights out of the house. That was many many years ago, as I assume you can guess. haha
The most overwhelming is the traveling to and from the city from Pottstown for the 25 or so games that are during the weekdays. Weekends I use it to visit my friends in the city. It also becomes extra rough after you pay for playoff tickets and there are still 10-15 regular season games left. It's like we get it, I just want playoff hockey, not home games 30-41.

Old
08-07-2011, 09:42 PM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
Usually about $250 for tickets to Flyers/Stars that and center ice pacakge

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
The most overwhelming is the traveling to and from the city from Pottstown for the 25 or so games that are during the weekdays. Weekends I use it to visit my friends in the city. It also becomes extra rough after you pay for playoff tickets and there are still 10-15 regular season games left. It's like we get it, I just want playoff hockey, not home games 30-41.
Yep... the trek would be a serious hassle for me too if I had to make it... Only goes to prove the dedication and loyalty from the Flyers fans -- years ago there were an older (than me at the time) couple who lived in Long Island but were Flyers fans and Season Ticket Holders... every home game they would make the trip down and back after the game, and go to work the next day. That was back in the Spectrum days and after the initial piece they reported on them they never followed up hat I'm aware of... I suppose they are too old today. I was always amazed at the dedication and, fittingly to this thread, the expense... I can see your traveling as being a mini-version of theirs; I'm so lucky, my short hop across the bridge is one of the advantages I feel I have over some others in my STH deal.

As to the Postseason being paid for so long before the final game... I suppose you can say that we Flyers fans are spoiled that they always make the POs. Those final dozen plus games would not be so anticlimactic if they were for getting in rather than seeding... like that Shootout Play-in a couple seasons back.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:19 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Me and my buddies were hanging out at someone's house about 11 years ago, he brought over NHL 2000 I think. First time we played it, all hooked. The guy that brought the game over had a friend that supported the sharks, so he immediatly became a sharks fan. I had to find a team that had the same rating as the sharks so the games were even. Flyers were the only other team so i picked them, and the rest is history

Funny thing is, that the flyers are now my sports team over all others. I was thinking about it the other day, and choosing between Wales winning the rugby world cup and the Flyers winning the stanley cup was so close i can't decide.

Manchester united - football
Newport Dragons + Wales - Rugby
St Helens - Rugby League. My team have folded for the second time.
That's interesting ! I am a big Manchester united fan, and i also like the tottenam Hotspurs solely because Peter Crouch plays for them. I have always wished Crouchy played for Man u, i have seen that cat score some pretty remarkable goals over the years.....This one is my favorite Crouch goal when he played for Liverpool ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY_0iEl5NTE

Old
08-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I can't share the same compliments of crouch lol. Guy is pretty much awful right now. I always wanted defoe on the team, and i believe if he ever came to united he would of been a star. Oh well i'm happy with

Da Gea / Lindgaard
Smalling / Fabio/ Rafael / Ferdinand / Vidic / Jones / Evans / Evra
Ji Sung / Young / Valencia / Giggs / Anderson / Fletcher / Nani / Cleverley
Rooney / Welbeck / Hernandez / Owen

I hope we clear out Berbatov and Carrick. I was so glad they got rid of some downright awful players this year. O'shea, Brown , Gibson.

We still need one central midfielder and we will be back on top in the prem again this year.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Foreverinour

the year before last..where they went to the SCF, we paid 3150 for 2 seats, 1575 per person. did a down payment of a couple hundred. and it was 350/month for 9 months. then u add 15/game for parking and driving 30-40 minutes. we split up the money and driving of course. then you buy food..but we didnt really buy too much food.. the seats were 216 row 8. we were right by the all you can eat section..and sometimes away fans.

this year i bought some preseason games for cheap and 1 season game so far, and a newish home/orange jersey for cheap. so close to 200 so far.

Foreverinour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
kicksave27

Before i got married probably $2000 a year easy, I'd get partial season tickets, then get the playoff tickets. Now, probably $500, a few regular season games, and a few playoff games. Have a new house and a new car to pay for.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:01 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I can't share the same compliments of crouch lol. Guy is pretty much awful right now. I always wanted defoe on the team, and i believe if he ever came to united he would of been a star. Oh well i'm happy with

Da Gea / Lindgaard
Smalling / Fabio/ Rafael / Ferdinand / Vidic / Jones / Evans / Evra
Ji Sung / Young / Valencia / Giggs / Anderson / Fletcher / Nani / Cleverley
Rooney / Welbeck / Hernandez / Owen

I hope we clear out Berbatov and Carrick. I was so glad they got rid of some downright awful players this year. O'shea, Brown , Gibson.

We still need one central midfielder and we will be back on top in the prem again this year.
Perhaps a change of scenery [move to Man-U] would help Crouchy get back his mo-jo ? LOL

Old
08-08-2011, 12:09 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I hope to get to Winnipeg, Edmonton and see them here in Calgary - I'm not sure how much tickets will be, I'd say about $250 in gas?
Then $150 per game ticket...

So....700?

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:43 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I got my authentic Richards jersey this past year for Christmas. The year before I got an authentic Gagne jersey. I picked those two cause I figured they would be Flyers forever. I didn't even get a full season w/ the jersey before they were traded. Just my sh!tty luck I guess, lol.
You need to test this out. Go immediately and buy yourself a brand new Jody Shelley jersey.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 12:49 PM
phillyfanatic

Current year:
$1000 - trip to Philly (Flight, Hotel, food, drink, tickets) for the October 15th game against Los Angeles
$400 - 2 tickets + parking + food and drinks for me and my son when the Flyers come to town (twice).
$150 - I need a new jersey. I will be retiring my Orange Richards jersey after the LA game. Hope to replace with a Giroux
$26 a month - NHL Centre Ice to watch all games.
I usually buy at least 2 hats per year, multiple t-shirts with names on the back (Got Briere, Giroux, Clarke, Richards.....need Pronger, JVR, Schenn, Bryz), etc per year. Maybe $200

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 01:35 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Probably spent about 1200 dollars in parking food beer and tickets to Buffalo game 2 buffalo game 7 and boston game 1 last year, those were the only 3 games I went to.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
MCAKES

season box seats...

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:03 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAKES View Post
season box seats...
What do they cost for a season up there ?

Old
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
What do they cost for a season up there ?
I don't know about the previous poster, but I know a friend pays 25k/year for 1/4 of the games, so 10-11 depending on the season, and 1 for every playoff series. That doesn't include the food and beverage you drink while there...

I also think you have to initially sign a 3 year agreement as well. He gets them through his company, so it is tax deductible, but still pretty crazy.

Old
08-08-2011, 07:32 PM
xxjimmypxx

Last year about 3 grand, thats the average usually because I split a seat upstairs...

'10 was the most expensive season ever, I had to pay for both seats upstairs, about 3500, playoff tickets all the way through the cup which was about 1200 , and I went to the Winter Classic they were 500 face value plus the weekend in Boston. Plus parking and all that I spent about 6-7 grand that year. That season was worth every penny though.

xxjimmypxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAKES View Post
season box seats...
Now they have to be a scary, scary price. I thought the food and drink was complimentary in the box seats

Old
08-09-2011, 09:23 AM
MCAKES

originally food was included but up until maybe 5-7 years ago, i forget the changed it and you had to pay for food. i am fortunate to have a father that has done well for himself and kinda got the hook up. i know for a fact its something over 50gs for half of the games. we split with another group of folks for the other half.

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

So do you fancy hooking me up with a seat, a free plane ride and some grub?

Old
08-09-2011, 12:08 PM
PuckBoy33

2010-11 Season Expenditures

$1495 PRONGER game jersey from MeiGray
$975 Two ice row tix to Flyers vs. Rangers game from StubHub
$90/month fComcast/Xfinity to watch games
$350 limo ride to aforementioned game

Last edited by PuckBoy33: 08-09-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: forgot to add limo to game
PuckBoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote