HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Who's gone after this upcoming offseason?

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Poile 7 33.33%
Weber 11 52.38%
Suter 12 57.14%
Rinne 6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2011, 05:53 PM
  #26
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
I'll answer this with the simple algebraic formula 2X = Poile

That means if any two of the other three leave, Poile is gone as well.

My current answer is X = 0. Noone's gone just yet. We'll see.

I'm smart

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 03:16 AM
  #27
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet
 
DJENTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Nashville will find a way to get all of these guys under contract.


Does anyone else get the feeling that Weber is doing the franchise a favor by getting his 1 year pay-day out of the way, and is waiting to sign a new contract based on what the new CBA will bring in terms of cap restrictions? All 3 of these guys know that each of their contracts are up at year's end - I wouldn't be surprised if they're all waiting on the new restrictions, being that all of the early reports indicate that the cap will go down next year.


For what it's worth, I get the feeling that Parise is doing likewise.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 04:32 AM
  #28
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders0n74 View Post
Nashville will find a way to get all of these guys under contract.


Does anyone else get the feeling that Weber is doing the franchise a favor by getting his 1 year pay-day out of the way, and is waiting to sign a new contract based on what the new CBA will bring in terms of cap restrictions? All 3 of these guys know that each of their contracts are up at year's end - I wouldn't be surprised if they're all waiting on the new restrictions, being that all of the early reports indicate that the cap will go down next year.


For what it's worth, I get the feeling that Parise is doing likewise.
Any updated CBA wouldn't take effect until Sep 2012 (at the earliest) and I doubt that the details get worked out before 1 Jul. As for the cap dropping, every off season has the rumors that it will go down that year, then that it's staying relatively stable, just to see it go up when the year end revenues are announced.

I have no control over the negotiations so I'll just sit back, follow the updates, and not panic over every little rumor that comes out. I have enough stress in my life without panicking about millionaire deals.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:34 AM
  #29
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Any updated CBA wouldn't take effect until Sep 2012 (at the earliest) and I doubt that the details get worked out before 1 Jul. As for the cap dropping, every off season has the rumors that it will go down that year, then that it's staying relatively stable, just to see it go up when the year end revenues are announced.

I have no control over the negotiations so I'll just sit back, follow the updates, and not panic over every little rumor that comes out. I have enough stress in my life without panicking about millionaire deals.
I thought all you did was sit on your ass and eat ice cream?

on topic, and replying to Anderson74, if Weber was going to do us a favor he'd have signed for multiple years at a reasonable rate.

the more I think about it, I believe he just didnt want to commit and then see Suter demand and get more than him,(because the pay scale seems to bump up ever year) or see Suter and Rinne leave.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 07:45 AM
  #30
SpeedDemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Classified
Country: United States
Posts: 778
vCash: 491
I'd say Bouillon if the younger guys are ready to step up

possibly Legwand or Smithson

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
  #31
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
none of the above.
This. I'm guessing this is why there are so few votes.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
  #32
BourqueBourqueBork
Registered User
 
BourqueBourqueBork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan View Post
I'd say Bouillon if the younger guys are ready to step up

possibly Legwand or Smithson
Legwand is signed through '13-'14. He's not going anywhere before that. Smithson is signed through next year...and I don't think he'll be gone early unless the prospect field just gets way too crowded.

Legwand, like him or dislike him, is THE original Predator. If I had to pick a guy that is a drafted Pred that will retire a Pred on this current roster, it's him. If he wants to be here, and is willing to sign a reasonable contract, he'll be here. I don't think Poile will throw him to the wolves.

I think Smithson is a very valuable part to this team. He's good with faceoffs and very tough in the defensive zone. Almost every team has a 3rd or 4th line grinder like him. And we need his veteran leadership. That said, I see Nick Spaling as his eventual replacement. I just don't see Spaling taking the spot full time before Smithson's contract is up.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:45 PM
  #33
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
If any two of Wber, Rinne or Suter leave next year, Poile leaves too (fired)

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 01:22 AM
  #34
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,939
vCash: 500
By "upcoming" offseason I assume you mean next year. I could see Klein and/or Bergfors becoming expendable in that case. Unless Bergfors surprises and pulls an SK, he's just a stopgap right now.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.