HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jagr to Rangers, for...?!*proposal*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2003, 04:26 PM
  #1
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,782
vCash: 500
Jagr to Rangers, for...?!

Kovalev?

whoever's calling the Devils game on Center Ice just broke this rumor.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 04:29 PM
  #2
MoS*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northfield, Minnesot
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Jagr, Ouellette and 5 mils for Blackburn and Carter?

MoS* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 04:57 PM
  #3
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Ouellet will be better than Blackburn... Caps won't trade him.

And they're not going after Kovalev... they're trying to rid themselves of huge contracts... they'll want the likes of Barnaby, Carter, Lundmark, Jessiman, etc.

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 04:59 PM
  #4
MoS*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northfield, Minnesot
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
Ouellet will be better than Blackburn... Caps won't trade him.

And they're not going after Kovalev... they're trying to rid themselves of huge contracts... they'll want the likes of Barnaby, Carter, Lundmark, Jessiman, etc.
ouelette is also older than blackburn.

MoS* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:06 PM
  #5
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
not that big a deal... Ouellet's 22, Blackburn's 20...

I'd prefer Ouellet, actually. He's shown he's ready... he's only in the AHL to keep playing on a regular basis. The Caps are VERY high on him. Won't be long before he's their full-time No.1.

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:10 PM
  #6
MoS*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northfield, Minnesot
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
not that big a deal... Ouellet's 22, Blackburn's 20...

I'd prefer Ouellet, actually. He's shown he's ready... he's only in the AHL to keep playing on a regular basis. The Caps are VERY high on him. Won't be long before he's their full-time No.1.
i'd rather have blackburn. ouelette is good but bluechip prospects don't get traded along with 3 high picks for adam oates and ouellette isn't even doing that well in the ahl. he is 20th something in stats

MoS* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:22 PM
  #7
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
sigh.. not a rumor just speculation/idea by a 90 year old bafoon that's equally notorious for his stupid ideas as Larry Brooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
Ouellet will be better than Blackburn... Caps won't trade him.

And they're not going after Kovalev... they're trying to rid themselves of huge contracts... they'll want the likes of Barnaby, Carter, Lundmark, Jessiman, etc.
are you kidding me?

Blackburn already proves to be more then Ouellet, god damn homers.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:25 PM
  #8
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Philly traded Ouellet because of their depth at the goalie position (as far as prospects go).

Regardless... Ouellet will be a very good No.1 goalie and the Caps love him.

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:25 PM
  #9
CapsIntensity68
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
i'd rather have blackburn. ouelette is good but bluechip prospects don't get traded along with 3 high picks for adam oates and ouellette isn't even doing that well in the ahl. he is 20th something in stats
I wouldn't. Bluechip prospects get traded with 3 draft picks when it is Bobby Clarke making the deals. also, how many games have been played in the AHL this year? Didn't their season just started a week or so ago? It's not uncommon to see elite goalies ranked low this early in the season. BTW, the rangers have ruined Blackburn by allowing him to get shelled at the NHL level at this early age, what do you think that does to a teenager's confidence? At this point there is no evidence proving that Blackburn is better than Ouellet. Yes Blackburn has played at the NHL level, but he didn't do to well. Hopefully Ouellet will be in Washington soon. In 7 years we can do the comparing of those two guys. Jagr will be traded, most likely to the rangers, but I highly doubt it involves Ouellet or Blackburn.

CapsIntensity68 is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:30 PM
  #10
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsIntensity68
I wouldn't. Bluechip prospects get traded with 3 draft picks when it is Bobby Clarke making the deals. also, how many games have been played in the AHL this year? Didn't their season just started a week or so ago? It's not uncommon to see elite goalies ranked low this early in the season. BTW, the rangers have ruined Blackburn by allowing him to get shelled at the NHL level at this early age, what do you think that does to a teenager's confidence? At this point there is no evidence proving that Blackburn is better than Ouellet. Yes Blackburn has played at the NHL level, but he didn't do to well. Hopefully Ouellet will be in Washington soon. In 7 years we can do the comparing of those two guys. Jagr will be traded, most likely to the rangers, but I highly doubt it involves Ouellet or Blackburn.
I am certain you've never once seen Blackburn play, why do people comment when they're obviously clueless.

Blackburn is 20 ****ing years old, how the hell is he ruined. One of the biggest things for Blackburn is his personality, he doesn't get rattled and his confidence doesn't get shaken. I can't stand it when people just assume out of their ass.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:33 PM
  #11
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
Philly traded Ouellet because of their depth at the goalie position (as far as prospects go).

Regardless... Ouellet will be a very good No.1 goalie and the Caps love him.
yea some depth they have

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:35 PM
  #12
Theoren Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
New York Rangers: Jaromir Jagr (Washinton eats some of contract)

Washington Capitals: Chris Simon, Vladmir Malakhov, 9th round pick

Don't like it? Then keep him. You get nothing more. Even if Washington agrees to the trade, I still have my doubts about moving anything for that guy.

Carter, Blackburn, Lundmark, Jessiman??? There's an awful lot of koolaid sippin' going on around here if anybody thinks they are getting that kinda return.

Theoren Fan is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:35 PM
  #13
ihatenewjersey
Registered User
 
ihatenewjersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: dirty jersey / NEW YORK RANGERS FOR LIFE
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
the rumor was for kovalev

ihatenewjersey is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:36 PM
  #14
CapsIntensity68
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
you're right I never have, but I saw the beatings he took when I had him on a fantasy roster for a short time last year. I think having a goalie rushed into the league at such an early age and exposing him to the level of play is not a good idea. I said we can compare Ouellet and Blackburn in 7 years, time will tell who is better.

CapsIntensity68 is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:36 PM
  #15
IslesJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to IslesJack Send a message via AIM to IslesJack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
the rumor was for kovalev
I was just going to post Alexei Kovalev for Jaromir Jagr

IslesJack is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 05:36 PM
  #16
MoS*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northfield, Minnesot
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
the rumor was for kovalev
live outside the box man

MoS* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 07:38 PM
  #17
Mothra
Registered User
 
Mothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I can't stand it when people just assume out of their ass.
would you prefer they do like you...and just talk out of it?

Mothra is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 07:45 PM
  #18
Mothra
Registered User
 
Mothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
ouellette isn't even doing that well in the ahl. he is 20th something in stats
so far this season....
1.99 GAA, .945 save%
not sure if thats 20th....but its damn good

and last season...

2002-03: 2002-03: Ouellet set franchise records for shutouts in a season (7), highest save percentage (.929)...He started for the Canadian AHL All-Stars in the 2003 Dodge AHL All-Star Classic on 2/3/03 and was later named an AHL Second Team All-Star.

Only reason he is in the AHL is because he's behind Kolzig....for now

Mothra is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 07:56 PM
  #19
Toonces
The beer kitty
 
Toonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
The Rangers don't need another lazy, overpaid floater. They need to get rid of the ones they already have.

Toonces is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 07:56 PM
  #20
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
would you prefer they do like you...and just talk out of it?
Good one.. nothing to back it up with though.

Anyway, as for this "rumor", just use common sense and if that isn't working, consider the source.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 08:17 PM
  #21
Mothra
Registered User
 
Mothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Good one.. nothing to back it up with though.

Anyway, as for this "rumor", just use common sense and if that isn't working, consider the source.
I couldnt care less about the so called rumor......

You blasted someone because they feel Ouellet will be better than Blackburn....calling them a homer.....when in fact its fair to say many people feel he will be better than Blackburn....just like many feel like Blackburn will be better.

Its a very valid arguement to think Ouellet will be the better of the two goalies.....

using your logic....you must be a homer if you feel Blackburn will be better

Mothra is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 08:30 PM
  #22
DaleHunter
Registered User
 
DaleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
New York Rangers: Jaromir Jagr (Washinton eats some of contract)

Washington Capitals: Chris Simon, Vladmir Malakhov, 9th round pick

Don't like it? Then keep him. You get nothing more. Even if Washington agrees to the trade, I still have my doubts about moving anything for that guy.

Carter, Blackburn, Lundmark, Jessiman??? There's an awful lot of koolaid sippin' going on around here if anybody thinks they are getting that kinda return.
Why would the Caps want Simon back? We traded him away because he is a shell of what he used to be, ever since he messed up his shoulder and had to have surgery on it. And he's overpriced to boot, we're looking to get younger and faster. Simon is neither.

And we've got enough offensive defensemen already. Gonchar, Kwiatkowski, Boumedienne, and Eminger are all offensive defensemen. Only Doig, Witt and Gruden (gag!) are stay-at-homes. While I wouldn't mind Malakhov taking the slot of Boumer or Kiwi, this just isn't a trade the Caps would want to do.

And as for the Rags fans who think Blackburn is so much better than Ouellet, I personally think they're about even. Ouellet's stats are down this season because Portland isn't playing that well. He was rocking in pre-season and was only sent down for 2 reasons. 1.) He didn't have to pass waivers and our current backup Charpentier, would have. And 2.) Caps Management wanted Ouellet to develop by playing 40+ games in the AHL instead of potentially stalling development by playing 20 or so games in the NHL. If we traded Kolzig tomorrow (or he went down with an injury), Ouellet would likely be starting in goal for the Caps.

...and most Philly fans are still bitter over the Oates trade. It was flat out robbery

DaleHunter is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 08:41 PM
  #23
Theoren Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
Why would the Caps want Simon back? We traded him away because he is a shell of what he used to be, ever since he messed up his shoulder and had to have surgery on it. And he's overpriced to boot, we're looking to get younger and faster. Simon is neither.

And we've got enough offensive defensemen already. Gonchar, Kwiatkowski, Boumedienne, and Eminger are all offensive defensemen. Only Doig, Witt and Gruden (gag!) are stay-at-homes. While I wouldn't mind Malakhov taking the slot of Boumer or Kiwi, this just isn't a trade the Caps would want to do.
I know. I'm not saying the trade is fair by any means, but this is a case of "Well how badly do you want to get rid of the guy". I was just dumping guys we could do without here in Washington's lap in exchange for your headache. If the Caps are hungry to get Jagr out of town, and it's becoming pretty apparent that they are, they are not in any drivers seat as far as making a trade goes. They're going to have to deal with who ever's spare parts are the lesser of all the evils...but no way are they getting anything of great value. My offer was more take it or leave it then anything else.

When it comes down to Washington trying to get rid of Jagr, I just don't see them winning in any trading situation.

Theoren Fan is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 09:06 PM
  #24
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
I couldnt care less about the so called rumor......

You blasted someone because they feel Ouellet will be better than Blackburn....calling them a homer.....when in fact its fair to say many people feel he will be better than Blackburn....just like many feel like Blackburn will be better.

Its a very valid arguement to think Ouellet will be the better of the two goalies.....

using your logic....you must be a homer if you feel Blackburn will be better
Can you read?

I blasted him because he said Blackburn was ruined and gave BS to back it up.

I don't care whether Blackburn is better then Ouellet in the future. I know he's better then Ouellet at comperable ages 17,18,19,20 and he's possibly better then him now, still 2 years younger.

Jagr was still supposed to be the best player in the world 2 seasons ago, didn't end up that way. Rangers were supposed to be a power house 5 years ago, nope didn't happen. I don't care about what people think the future entails because no one knows for sure, now is all that matters.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 10:08 PM
  #25
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,168
vCash: 500
My question is, how long has Jagr left on his contract? And how much would the Caps be willing to pay and would they pay increasingly more when the return gets better?

I imagine he could be had for nothing when the Caps don't have to pay a cent, but I feel they have to to find a buyer and they won't be paying a player not even playing for them while not getting a return.

Ajacied is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.